Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 4 upstream channel bonding - post here

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

4 upstream channel bonding - post here

Old 17-08-2018, 15:25   #106
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: 4 upstream channel bonding - post here

Cool, 4 x qam 16 is better than 2 x qam
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-08-2018, 16:48   #107
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Still 2 x 64QAM in Uddingston
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2018, 23:11   #108
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Since yesterday i have now gone from 2xQAM64s to 4xQAM16s in CB24 area, this is the first time i have been on 4 upstreams.
This also caused my IP address to change, is that normal?
Old 18-08-2018, 07:56   #109
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
This also caused my IP address to change, is that normal?
If they moved you to a different CMTS then yes. i.e. they've upgraded your local hub site.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2018, 10:29   #110
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
If they moved you to a different CMTS then yes. i.e. they've upgraded your local hub site.
I just need to get them to fix my levels now as i have a huge slope of -8.6 to +6.5 since they did this, but before it went from -1.0 to +9, even after a cable repull, just waiting for a response on their forum, as i also can't watch 15 HD TV channels due to breaking up.

Next door neighbours TV channels are fine and his brown box is on the same wall and a few metres away so i am thinking it is the 25 thinner cable that is running around the outside wall that could be the issue?

Last edited by SnoopZ; 18-08-2018 at 10:35.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2018, 13:38   #111
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Been having noise issues the past week (upstreams dropped from 64qm to 16) just had about an hours outage and it's come back with 4 upstreams, but still 16qam, does this still suggest a noise issue on the 4 channels?

Cheers!
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2018, 13:50   #112
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Ya, you'll see them go back up to qam64 over the next couple of days and transition to qam32 in the meantime as things improve.
Old 21-08-2018, 13:53   #113
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Cheers General, VM are apparently monitoring the area but can't tell me if the 4th was added *because* of the noise issue or they already had plans to add a 4th channel and it just happened to coincide with this noise issue.

Does anyone know if networks are upgrading the CMTS to add another channel, would they notice the noise on it, or would they just ignore it because "that's not what they're there to do" sorta thing?
Old 21-08-2018, 14:06   #114
General Maximus
Ran Away

The 4th channel should be there to stay. Adding an additional channel to an upstream bonding group is a big change and i never heard of them doing it short term to mitigate a 33% drop in capacity due to noise. If they did (which i very much doubt) it will be out sheer desperation and your area must be at the absolute limit of capacity.
Old 21-08-2018, 15:08   #115
Synthetic
cf.geek

Thanks again General, this area has never had contention previously, although that's not to say we've not hit it, speed seems fine during peak times even with the noise issue, just had some drop outs and general "laggyness" which i guess is down to the noise.
Old 21-08-2018, 15:24   #116
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky Mobile : Sky TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Still on 2 (64 qam) channels here.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2018, 15:40   #117
Synthetic
cf.geek

Forgot to mention above, Gateshead area, NE8
Old 22-08-2018, 12:55   #118
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

More work being done still on 2 up

Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2018, 12:37   #119
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

SM4 area - Fed from New Malden

Earlier this month I got an email from Virgin Media Business to advise of planned work due to take place today that would cause a short outage. That did happen at about 10:30 this morning, and have now gone from 3 x QAM64 upstream channels to 4 x QAM64 upstream channels.

So currently on a 32 channel downstream group and 4 x QAM64 upstream. Like the residential devices - the business Hitron can only use 24 of those 32 downstream channels.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2018, 12:59   #120
2pence
cf.member

Services: Gig1 Fibre Broadband
2pence is an unknown quantity at this point

4x 64QAM in Slough, Berkshire

Looking good!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 64qam.jpg (38.4 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by 2pence; 29-08-2018 at 13:05.
2pence is offline   Reply With Quote