Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 4 upstream channel bonding - post here

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

4 upstream channel bonding - post here

Old 13-10-2019, 15:25   #166
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: 4 upstream channel bonding - post here

No - the centre frequency does not always end in 00.
Yours are all over the place. The endings should be consistent.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-10-2019, 16:34   #167
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

More importantly that QAM32 is an issue. The system is working in that it's falling back for reliability, but make no mistake - there is an issue there somewhere and it's likely only going to get better if someone reports it. Otherwise, it'll probably only get worse.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 19:53   #168
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

The 32QAM is not a problem, Kush. There is still falback to 16QAM, which is where the peril lies if noise is bad. The off-centre frequency is outside the standard and must be rectified.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 00:25   #169
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

I agree Seph, but I don't think the two are unrelated. It should be QAM64, it's QAM32 for a reason and I don't think it's a coincidence that the frequency is off.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 00:39   #170
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
I agree Seph, but I don't think the two are unrelated. It should be QAM64, it's QAM32 for a reason and I don't think it's a coincidence that the frequency is off.
That is a know bug in the firmware it’s also the same bug that makes the power levels report 4.025 instead of 40.00 I have the same on mine. & the reason for 32QAM is noise on the network

1 46200000 4.025 5120 64 qam 3
2 32599976 3.875 5120 64 qam 5
3 39400019 3.875 5120 64 qam 4
4 53699971 4.175 5120 64 qam 2

Last edited by Martin_D; 14-10-2019 at 00:47.
Martin_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2019, 19:47   #171
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Now showing 4x 64QAM again, lets see how long it lasts, not that i am bothered or worried about it at this time as long as my connection is running at the speed i pay for which is usually is.
Old 05-11-2019, 17:31   #172
chambohambo
cf.addict

chambohambo is an unknown quantity at this point

As of today I have gone from 4x 16QAM upstream channels to 4x 64QAM upstream channels in Preston.

chambohambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 17:08   #173
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I missed in in your earlier posts.

Your frequencies are off-centre apart from channel 4.
They should not micro-change. This wobble will distort your signal.

You should check with your neighbours that they have the same problem. The resolution can lie in the filters of your nearest cabinet or other cabinets in the cascade - or at the CMTS end (less likely).

Hope that helps.

Finally got around to posting on the VM website about what you said today as the frequencies change daily, i wonder if they will be able to see this issue from their end?
Old 26-11-2019, 12:37   #174
ileikcaek
cf.addict

ileikcaek has disabled reputation

We've had 4 upstreams for a long time now but they were always 16qam, the internet went down for 10m this morning and we now have 4 x 64qam.

Channel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) Modulation Channel ID
1 39400014 3.418 5120 64 qam 10
2 25800053 3.425 5120 64 qam 12
3 32600019 3.425 5120 64 qam 11
4 46200039 3.425 5120 64 qam 9
ileikcaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2019, 13:24   #175
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
You should be concerned imo. I would report that as a fault and it doesn't self-correct.
Are these any better as i had a letter through the post saying work was planned and last Friday it was completed and now they are like this?

Still don't have an issue with speeds, and the VM forum did nothing.

1 39400000 3.87 5120 64 qam 2
2 25800120 3.85 5120 64 qam 4
3 46200000 3.9 5120 64 qam 1
4 32600000 3.85 5120 64 qam 3
Old 15-12-2019, 16:06   #176
Brunel
Chief Mechanical Engineer

Services: V.M. M. 125 November 6 2018. Finally connected.
Brunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the rough

4 here, LEEDS N.E.
Attached Images
File Type: png upstream bonded.png (33.4 KB, 20 views)
Brunel is offline   Reply With Quote