Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Slow IPad and android

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment

Metallica ROCK ON!!!!!
View Poll Results: Is metallica good
Yes, they rock 14 36.84%
No, they suck 14 36.84%
They're ok 10 26.32%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-07-2007, 12:39   #1
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Callumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Metallica ROCK ON!!!!!

Am i the only person on this site that likes good rock music.

Please take part in the poll.

And also submit your favorite bands.
Callumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-07-2007, 12:50   #2
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Metallica ROCK ON!!!!!

Additional option added for those who think they're ok

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 12:53   #3
zing_deleted

I voted they are ok . I like a lot of rock quite a bit of it old school such as Led Zep, Sabbath,Deep Purple and Rainbow. Newer rock that floats my boat is Linkin Park, Evanescence,Korn etc and in the middle bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam,Alice in Chains
Old 15-07-2007, 13:00   #4
Sirpingalot
Inactive

Services: VM 20Mb BB
Sirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation eraSirpingalot has entered a golden reputation era

66.67 ..Very..erm, develish
Sirpingalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 13:10   #5
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Saw them at the G-Mex about 15 years ago and they were very good indeed. That is, with the exception of Kirk Hammet's very long and excruciatingly scratchy guitar solos.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 13:23   #6
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

I liked them during the Loaded years but that's about it. Enter the Sandman and Nothing Else Matters were good too.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 13:26   #7
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

I'm sure they are quite succesful and have a huge fan following, but metal / hard rock music is not a music I am into.
It is interesting to know this sort of music exists as I think all styles of music overlap in different ways, but I'm more into electronica / house, experimental / ambient music myself.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 13:47   #8
Callumpy
cf.mega poster

Callumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant futureCallumpy has a brilliant future

Go! Eeryone who likes them! Yay!
Callumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 14:33   #9
Tech_Boy
Inactive

Services: Inhumations, for the right price
Tech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpack

They were great, emphasis on were I saw them live twice, donnington 91 (my first concert) and on the nowhere else to roam tour, and they rocked.

their new stuff is poor in comparison to the classics like "One".
Tech_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 14:37   #10
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_Boy View Post
They were great, emphasis on were I saw them live twice, donnington 91 (my first concert) and on the nowhere else to roam tour, and they rocked.

their new stuff is poor in comparison to the classics like "One".
thought you where into stray cats
Old 15-07-2007, 14:48   #11
AntiSilence
Inactive

Services: C#/ASP.NET Web Development
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze
AntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronzeAntiSilence is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callumpy View Post
Am i the only person on this site that likes good rock music.

Please take part in the poll.

And also submit your favorite bands.
I liked them before they released Load and Reload. A couple of track on Load are good, but not fond of the rest. Before Load, they were excellent.

Other fave bands: Guns N' Roses (before they split), Pantera, Sepultura, Slayer, Korn, Nirvana, Machine Head, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Ozzy Osbourne, Queensryche, The Offspring, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Disturbed... My list goes on lol
AntiSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 15:22   #12
Tech_Boy
Inactive

Services: Inhumations, for the right price
Tech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpackTech_Boy has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
thought you where into stray cats
Tech_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 15:28   #13
Druchii
cf.mega poster

Services: Canal Digital: 50/10
Druchii has a nice shiny star
Druchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny starDruchii has a nice shiny star

Love Metallica, they were very good, shame about more recently with their voices cleaned up they can no longer hit all the old notes when live.

Other bands i love would include Iron Maiden, Spineshank, Soil, Disturbed, KoRn, Godsmack, Sonata Arctica... Blah, the list is endless i tell ye, endless!
Druchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 15:38   #14
homealone

Metallica are a little too 'stadium' for me, although I don't dislike like them I'd rather watch say Motorhead - voted 'they're ok'
Old 15-07-2007, 15:46   #15
jkat
Inactive

jkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud ofjkat has much to be proud of

Quote:
On May 3rd, 2000, drummer Lars Ulrich, personally hand-delivered to Napster a list of over 300 000 Napster users who allegedly traded Metallica MP3 files (another 300 000 names were delivered on May 18th, 2000).
http://www.disinfo.com/archive/pages/dossier/id374/pg1/ never quite liked them anyhow although i do like hm.
jkat is offline   Reply With Quote