Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What kind of computer are you using?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Netgear USB control center

Old 16-03-2018, 22:36   #1
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts
Netgear USB control center

Just wondering if someone might be able to trouble shoot this problem?

Bought a router NetGear R6400 V2 AC1750. I've connect my printer Epson ET-2550 printer to the router via USB so I can run it as a network and all other pc's in the house can print also via the NetGear USB control center.

I've come across a problem after installing the software my pc won't sleep if I tell it to. The monitor goes off, mouse and keyboard but the desktop keeps running and hitting the keyboard and mouse won't wake the monitor I have to hard reset the pc.

The only thing it does do now after so long it just Auto shuts down, but sometimes boots up on it's own if I've not manually shut it down.

I'm running windows 10. for the life of me I don't know what to even start looking at. I posted over on moneysaving expert and only really got one answer and that was to look at TCP or Virtual USB but neither of these seem to have anything to do with pc acting the way it does.

Any help appreciated.
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-03-2018, 22:04   #2
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one
Re: Netgear USB control center

Is the printer WiFi able... if so unplug USB to the printer and router hub and try WiFi.

Do the other PCs shut down or sleep Ok in your present configuration.
I think your main PC acts like a server and has to be shut down manually.

I may be wrong on this but give it a go.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2018, 00:55   #3
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts
Re: Netgear USB control center

I'll try that thanks, My pc is connected via Ethernet cable the rest are wifi. but the printer is a wifi one as well. Do you think the 2 are conflicting wifi and Ethernet from printer to router?

I've noticed when something needs to be printed out, there are 2 options Epson ET-2550 (network) and Epson ET-2550. The one that has the Network next to it doesn't appear to work and just holds the print in print jobs while I have to select the other in order for the printer to print.

Will have a look at the other computers thanks
Gavin78 is offline   Reply With Quote