Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Free V6 box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Free V6 box

Old 26-02-2018, 14:41   #346
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Free V6 box

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby View Post
Hi all, I have a TiVo box and 2 VHD boxes. so just to confirm, am I right in thinking that I can replace one of the VHD's for a V6 box or does it have to be whichever the oldest box is (in which case is the TiVo) as I'd rather keep that.
Ring up and check before ordering.

Mind you I did this and they still got it wrong and disconnected the Tivo, not the VHD. Thinking about it, I probably got the Tivo before the VHD so technically it was the older box. It was quickly put right with a phonecall so i wouldn't let it put you off.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-02-2018, 17:42   #347
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Hi all, I have a TiVo box and 2 VHD boxes. so just to confirm, am I right in thinking that I can replace one of the VHD's for a V6 box or does it have to be whichever the oldest box is (in which case is the TiVo) as I'd rather keep that.
You'd need to replace one of the oldest type - which is one of the V HD boxes.
Old 02-03-2018, 10:48   #348
toby
cf.member

Services: Samsung 49" 4K, Samsung 42" Plasma TV 720p, 2 x V6 boxes, 1 tivo box
toby is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
You'd need to replace one of the oldest type - which is one of the V HD boxes.
Thanks Ben,

I've spoken to them and they confirmed that you can swap any box you like but they would prefer the VHD boxes first.
toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 14:04   #349
toby
cf.member

Just ordered it, if you have more than 1 VHD box like I have, you have to ring them as you can't do it on line via their website.
Old 02-03-2018, 15:18   #350
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Just ordered it, if you have more than 1 VHD box like I have, you have to ring them as you can't do it on line via their website.
I've never been able to do any upgrade via their website, its crap.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 15:54   #351
Henkesghost
Sceptic

Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze
Henkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronzeHenkesghost is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Agree, ordered V6 box via the website, got a confirmatory email confirming the date of delivery saying if there was any change they would contact me. Took the day off for delivery and you guessed it nothing. Phoned Virgin who said they had no trace of the order, they asked me to read out the email, which I did, they apologised and arranged another delivery date. Had to take another day off work which didn't bother me as work sucks. Well done virgin and your shoddy multiple day off giving service
Old 02-03-2018, 16:19   #352
oliver1948uk
cf.geek

Services: VM Mix TV, 200 internet, basic house phone. Also Virgin mobile phone
oliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quadsoliver1948uk has a fine set of Quads

I had the option of having the V6 delivered to a local shop to avoid having to wait in. It worked out well.
oliver1948uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 16:21   #353
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1948uk View Post
I had the option of having the V6 delivered to a local shop to avoid having to wait in. It worked out well.
Yes, you can choose to use Click+Collect instead of a home delivery.

Been available since summer last year.
Old 02-03-2018, 16:57   #354
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that.

I have spent ages trying to find out how much an extra box will cost me ( upfront cost and ongoing monthly cost).

Would like a V6 but would settle for a TiVo.

I have given up as I cannot find anywhere on the site.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 17:03   #355
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough

Hello again all
I can have a new V6 box but currently my Hub 3.0 is upstairs at the rear of the house (detached) and my Tivo is downstairs at the front.
Would I be best getting an engineer out and spending £40 to complete the changeover?
TIA
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 17:03   #356
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
In their defence I have to say that I ordered my free V6 via the website, delivered on time (actually 2 days early) and self-installed with no problems.
gba93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 18:29   #357
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus0898uk View Post
Hello again all
I can have a new V6 box but currently my Hub 3.0 is upstairs at the rear of the house (detached) and my Tivo is downstairs at the front.
Would I be best getting an engineer out and spending £40 to complete the changeover?
TIA
The request form allows you to say that the hub is in a different room to the tivo. They then send out a powerline adapter pair. Also free.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:02   #358
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough

Cheers taf, I have had a look into things a little more, I only have one power socket upstairs where my 3.0 Hub is so I will need a through adapter as VM say connection is not very good through an extension lead.
Also VM Dianne has a youtube clip which will help.
TIA

---------- Post added at 10:02 ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 ----------

Update
I just noticed that my promotional rate finishes this month so I rang retentions who were somewhere warm.
The CSA was unusually good and told me to ring again after the 21st March when my current promotion finishes.
Getting onto the V6, she said I can have an engineer out and the powerline adapters FOC, so the engineer will come on the 7th. What did surprise me was that the 15th was the earliest for delivery at home of the V6 through the VM online method.
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:18   #359
toby
cf.member

I went to order it via their website however when I logged in to my VM account, it said that as I had more than 1 VHD box I couldn't order it online, I had to ring them.
They failed to tell me that when I spoke to them. Anyway, the box is arriving this Friday and he told me that when I connect it, ring them up to activate it which will tell them which box I am replacing. They will also send me an envelope to return the replaced box free of charge.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:41   #360
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
The power socket isn't a male connector - it's the one next to the switch:

I received a HUB3 to replace my SHUB2ac.

On inspection I saw that both the HUB3 and it's power supply had male connectors (i.e. a central pin). But the power supply had a label attached "Plug me into your HUB".

I queried this and was told they would send out a new power supply.

It arrived and was identical. LITEON Model PE-1300-9AR3 P/N 599126-001.

I did not dare force the connection, so ignored it for a few days,

Today another power supply arrived, and it has a female connector, so fits perfectly.

LITEON Model PE-1300-9AR5 P/N AREP05647.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote