Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Plane Spotters Corner

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Plane Spotters Corner

Old 12-05-2010, 12:27   #226
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Re: Plane Spotters Corner

There is a strong rumour that Air France are going to be putting on an A380 between Paris and London and that it will be doing several journeys during the day.
So if you are heading to try and see the A380, this will add to the ones already going into Heathrow.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-05-2010, 12:43   #227
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
There is a strong rumour that Air France are going to be putting on an A380 between Paris and London and that it will be doing several journeys during the day.
So if you are heading to try and see the A380, this will add to the ones already going into Heathrow.
Thats a bit stupid, The A380 is for long haul.

That would be like a local taxi firm using double decker buses.
Old 12-05-2010, 18:24   #228
Halcyon
Hello !

Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Apparently this route is busy enough for this. Trials are meant to be starting soon.

Old 13-05-2010, 18:34   #229
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Apparently this route is busy enough for this. Trials are meant to be starting soon.
Yup. http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/67697...80-flights-hea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Thats a bit stupid, The A380 is for long haul.

That would be like a local taxi firm using double decker buses.
It makes better sense than using 3 x 737s. More fuel burnt, more landing fees, parking fees, maintenance.
punky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2010, 21:51   #230
Halcyon
Hello !

Oooh I think I should save up just to do a quick return trip. I want to travel on this plane.

The annoying thing is that both Charles De Gaulle and Heathrow will both have those foot bridges that go right up to the aircraft so it will be hard to get photos. I like it when you can get out on the apron and see the plane as you get off.

Old 14-05-2010, 09:26   #231
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I think the main issue is a landing/takeoff slots available at heathrow, Air france will only be allowed so many so if the demand exceeds the slot capacity they can ony put on a larger plane
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2010, 17:28   #232
Halcyon
Hello !

I've just booked my flights on the A380. All for less than £80 return.
This is giving me something to look forward to.

Old 15-05-2010, 18:01   #233
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Quote:
I've just booked my flights on the A380. All for less than £80 return.
This is giving me something to look forward to.
Hope it's not anytime soon...

Quote:
UK airspace could close from tomorrow until Tuesday because of a volcanic ash cloud, the Department for Transport has warned.

Link
Old 16-05-2010, 11:13   #234
Halcyon
Hello !

It's booked for mid July so still some time for the ash cloud to finally leave us all alone. (I hope).

Old 16-05-2010, 13:00   #235
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Quote:
It's booked for mid July so still some time for the ash cloud to finally leave us all alone. (I hope).
Well it's been coming and going for the last 6 ish weeks and now it's back!!
Old 16-05-2010, 13:12   #236
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Ash cloud has it's own thread let keep the discussion there if possible
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/20...ts-toward.html
Old 29-05-2010, 17:26   #237
Kymmy
Inactive

Yes, about time but pity the French are the ones to take the initiative

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8712806.stm

[edit] My mistake as it is a Anglo-French team
Old 29-05-2010, 20:01   #238
Halcyon
Hello !

There was rumour about this a few months ago so it is great to hear things are still in motion and plans are underway.

The Air France Concorde is the one in the best condition for restoration and I can't wait to see it back in the skies.

Old 30-05-2010, 16:22   #239
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

Quote:
There was rumour about this a few months ago so it is great to hear things are still in motion and plans are underway.

The Air France Concorde is the one in the best condition for restoration and I can't wait to see it back in the skies.
Not gonna be cheap though is it? Just look at what it's cost to get the Vulcan flying again. Not to mention keeping it there.
Jon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2010, 16:24   #240
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

From my insider info the Air France Concorde's weren't as well manitained as the BA ones