Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]
View Poll Results: Will you be opting out of the Virgin Ad Deal?
Yes, Definitely. 958 95.51%
No, I am quite happy to share my surfing habits with anyone. 45 4.49%
Voters: 1003. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 10:43   #7816
bluecar1
Inactive

Services: No DPI Kit snooping on USERS
bluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

you have to love BT,

not a scooby, have they
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2008, 11:19   #7817
Rchivist
Inactive

Rchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecar1 View Post
you have to love BT,

not a scooby, have they
At the moment the list includes:

loss of BT Webwise http://webwise.bt.com servers when Fasthosts went down (now back)

loss of BT Webwise www.webwise.bt.com servers in Houston - still down
broken links all over their site because of the BT Webwise pages changing to php but links not being updated from old *.html format

BT webwise contact forms sending contact form data via ww3.phorm.com or 121media.com complete with BT customer details and bt.com userid full email address because of poor cookie security on bt.com

reorganising the hosting and branding of the BT Webwise contact forms into custhelp.com in a panic last weekend but not solving the cookie problem

having overseas US partners for the BT Webwise and customer help operation, but neglecting to get them to sign up to the Safe Harbor agreement (Phorm, 121Media, ThePlanet.com, RightNowTech, GoDaddy)

Webwise trials about three months delayed, each time a date is given they don't make it in time.

No answers to any of the above or at least, none that they care to make public or even tell their customers.

Yes - I think you could say - they don't have a scooby.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:53   #7818
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

How many BT shares will be in our control I will be representing 220
Old 02-06-2008, 12:44   #7819
Dephormation
Inactive

Services: Aquiss.net and loving it. No more Virgin Media, no more Virgin Phone, no more Virgin Mobile.
Dephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to all

Forgive me if this has already been noted.

This reply to Earl of Northesk refers to a PDF file I hadn't seen before.

http://cryptome.org/ho-phorm.pdf (previously, I was only aware of this extract http://cryptome.org/ho-phorm.htm). The text seems identical.

What is the Home Office link to cryptome.org? Why do Home Office documents seem to 'magically' appear on this site and nowhere else? (not even the Home Office own FoI pages).

The reply to the Earl of Northesk states
"However, a copy of that note has been published at http://cryptome.org/ho-phorm.pdf."

Published? That site is registered in the USA. Cryptome, 251 West 89th Street , New York. What about the Home Office site for heavens sake?

Pete.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:53   #7820
Fluffykins
Inactive

Fluffykins is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo View Post
* * * ICO will NOT take action over the 2007 trials * * *

The ICO have written to me in relation to the complaint I had made about the 2007 trials (re: BT intercepted my communications - told me I had a virus)
So: One had reason to be suspicious of unusual activity on one's Internet connection.

One had sought advice from one's provider (BT)

That advice had been that one had a virus or had experienced some other failure

BT had, for whatever reason, NOT advised that one had been used in any kind of trial programme and there may be otherwise unexplained activity on one's connection.

BT had, for whatever reason, NOT advised that the efects seen were due to the workings of the trial programme.

One had, as a response to the advice from BT specifically given in answer to one's questions, spent money on professional services to diagnose and correct the fault, on the basis of the information from BT.

This money was needlessly wasted.

One has therefore suffered a demonstrable material loss as a result of BT's activities.

Sue the buggers!
Old 02-06-2008, 12:57   #7821
Dephormation
Inactive

Services: Aquiss.net and loving it. No more Virgin Media, no more Virgin Phone, no more Virgin Mobile.
Dephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to allDephormation is a name known to all

What the **** are the Home Office doing publishing documents on Cryptome?
"Cryptome welcomes documents for publication that are prohibited by governments worldwide, in particular material on freedom of expression, privacy, cryptology, dual-use technologies, national security, intelligence, and secret governance -- open, secret and classified documents -- but not limited to those."
I feel another FoI request, and a letter to my MP flying out of the printer.

The Home Office should not be using Cryptome.org as their publishing mechanism.

Pete.
Old 02-06-2008, 13:00   #7822
SelfProtection
Inactive

SelfProtection has a spectacular aura about themSelfProtection has a spectacular aura about themSelfProtection has a spectacular aura about themSelfProtection has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dephormation View Post
Forgive me if this has already been noted.

This reply to Earl of Northesk refers to a PDF file I hadn't seen before.

http://cryptome.org/ho-phorm.pdf (previously, I was only aware of this extract http://cryptome.org/ho-phorm.htm). The text seems identical.

What is the Home Office link to cryptome.org? Why do Home Office documents seem to 'magically' appear on this site and nowhere else? (not even the Home Office own FoI pages).

The reply to the Earl of Northesk states
"However, a copy of that note has been published at http://cryptome.org/ho-phorm.pdf."

Published? That site is registered in the USA. Cryptome, 251 West 89th Street , New York. What about the Home Office site for heavens sake?

Pete.
You also need to find out whether this Website is covered under the Safe Harbor Rules, if not then I think a direct complaint to the Relevant Minister is necessary!
Old 02-06-2008, 13:04   #7823
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal

fluffykins I am sure BT will get the message since their share prices are falling aswell as Phorm and some shareholders are aobut to start asking questions BT would rather they didn't.

Already had a few email replies from Ian at BT just waiting for the reply he said Emma would send me if it fails to arive will contact him again asking why.
Old 02-06-2008, 13:20   #7824
Frank Rizzo
Inactive

Frank Rizzo is an unknown quantity at this point

Dephormation: cryptome were not leaked that information. The site is just referencing a post made on the chiark mailing list here:

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/pipermail/ukcrypto/

The message is in the March 2008 archive.
Old 02-06-2008, 13:22   #7825
Rchivist
Inactive

Rchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of QuadsRchivist has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florence View Post
fluffykins I am sure BT will get the message since their share prices are falling aswell as Phorm and some shareholders are aobut to start asking questions BT would rather they didn't.

Already had a few email replies from Ian at BT just waiting for the reply he said Emma would send me if it fails to arive will contact him again asking why.
I hope those attending INside the shareholder meeting are well briefed as to the tactics that are likely to be used by the board to avoid any difficult questions and even remove those who may be thought to be disrupting the proceedings.

I suggest contact with other "protest" groups like Greenpeace who have experience of such things at oil company AGM's or those who have disrupted Bank AGMs. You have to decide whether you want to "ask the questions" or just get bounced out of the meeting in a publicity worthy way, or simply be out-manouevered by the board, in a way that is not at all news-worthy.

I'm sure they will have some tips about how to get the result you are after.
Old 02-06-2008, 13:55   #7826
BadPhormula
cf.addict

BadPhormula will become famous soon enoughBadPhormula will become famous soon enoughBadPhormula will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildie View Post
you know what they keep on saying if you got nothing to hide why worry about it all, who ever came up with that spin needs to wake up cos now its spread about and taken as the norm it`s already to late.
The usual attack by one of the drones is "Have you got something to hide?"

Answer: "Yes my dignity, you obviously don't have any"

---------- Post added at 13:55 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

WATCH THIS IF YOU DARE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner69 View Post
I just watched the 1st hour. I feel you are dead right about the apathy of people leading to their virtual slavery. The apathetic response of many people both on and offline to the dpi for profit issue has made me dispair at times.
You should try and force yourself to watch the 2nd and 3rd parts of the presentation. Episode 3 is mostly a Q & A session which is very interesting.

Privacy is Dead: Get Over It presentation given to the 2600.com-HOPE conference

Presented by Steven Rambam, licensed private investigator

Part1
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1634316293369601334&q=&hl=en

Part2
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7465299647843576329&q=&hl=en

Part3
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5301393266084289975&q=&hl=en

!Warning! Video hosted on the enemies server, and they will profile you! ( use a proxy)
Old 02-06-2008, 14:11   #7827
NTLVictim
Inactive

Services: Finding people (retired)
NTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these partsNTLVictim is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadPhormula View Post
I've said this before, I think that's slander...any lawyers reading this?
Old 02-06-2008, 14:26   #7828
Dephormation
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Rizzo View Post
Dephormation: cryptome were not leaked that information.
They must have been leaked that info, else how would they have it?

Take your point about the earlier mention in the ukcrypto lists.

Never the less, the wording of the reply to Earl of Northesk's question suggests that the Home Office are aware the document was published to Cryptome, even referring the Earl of Northesk to it, yet the same document is not published on their own FoI pages.

I'd like an explanation please.

Update; Re-reading ukcrypto... So this doc was allegedly initially circulated by Simon Watkin, but not published on the HO FoI site. It magically 'appears' on Cryptome, and the HO now refer enquiries to Cryptome? Hmmm.
Update 2; 'HEAD' request to Cryptome suggests it was last updated Tue, 11 Mar 2008 17:38:37, GMT shortly before it was mentioned on the UK Crypto mailing list.

Pete.
Old 02-06-2008, 14:26   #7829
bluecar1
Inactive

Services: No DPI Kit snooping on USERS
bluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about thembluecar1 has a spectacular aura about them

?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTLVictim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadPhormula

I've said this before, I think that's slander...any lawyers reading this?

my answer is "NO i have nothing to hide, I JUST OBJECT TO BEING SPIED ON"

peter
Old 02-06-2008, 14:30   #7830
roadrunner69
cf.member

roadrunner69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadPhormula View Post

You should try and force yourself to watch the 2nd and 3rd parts of the presentation. Episode 3 is mostly a Q & A session which is very interesting.

Sorry BF I meant i'd only just watched the 1st hr. Intend to watch tthe others when i've got time. SCARY STUFF!
Closed Thread