Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit discussion
Closed Thread

Old 26-03-2018, 19:57   #2521
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
As I said yesterday, they will be made in the UK so much ado about nothing.
https://www.ft.com/content/e1578076-...a-7e7563b0b0f4
The first draft of the new British passport has become available (apparently the French parent company had a lot of input to the layout...).
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 7083BD36-CF3D-404C-93D7-0975175E2D76.jpeg (273.4 KB, 25 views)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Advertisement
Old 26-03-2018, 20:03   #2522
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

nice
Old 26-03-2018, 22:48   #2523
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
why bother coming back if you love it so much
Don't tempt me ! Family/job/house etc the same as most folks. However if I was younger I'd be very tempted. Such opportunities won't be as easy post Brexit.

I like the UK, it must have one of the best coastline's in the World. However the people and their insular opinions are a bit hard to take sometimes. A couple of weeks in the sun is nice but I'd soon get bored. Still, I'm prepared to be bored for a few days longer. Beach tomorrow, if it's not too hot. The bar and pool otherwise
Old 27-03-2018, 10:11   #2524
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Don't tempt me ! Family/job/house etc the same as most folks. However if I was younger I'd be very tempted. Such opportunities won't be as easy post Brexit.

I like the UK, it must have one of the best coastline's in the World. However the people and their insular opinions are a bit hard to take sometimes. A couple of weeks in the sun is nice but I'd soon get bored. Still, I'm prepared to be bored for a few days longer. Beach tomorrow, if it's not too hot. The bar and pool otherwise
As i said to den
I think what your trying to say is the EU is a nice place to visit but you wouldn't want to stay in it
Old 27-03-2018, 18:24   #2525
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Or maybe Mr K has been enjoying living in the EU for the last 25 years and maybe the EEC for 20 years before that without leaving home (apologies Mr K if I have made you nearly as old as me!)
Old 27-03-2018, 18:30   #2526
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

The only Polski Sklep shop owner left has put up all the beer prices. Some from £1.25 to £2.50 a can, citing "Brexit". But his employee showed me the invoices from last week and February last year. No change in cost to him.

Pure profiteering.
Old 27-03-2018, 19:37   #2527
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
The only Polski Sklep shop owner left has put up all the beer prices. Some from £1.25 to £2.50 a can, citing "Brexit". But his employee showed me the invoices from last week and February last year. No change in cost to him.

Pure profiteering.
Not surprised as one suspects there will be plenty more where that came from.
Old 27-03-2018, 19:55   #2528
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

The Migration Advisory Committee who advise the Home Office have just published an interim report summarising employers responses to a call for evidence on migration. One of the the big questions asked is ‘why employ migrants?’.

It makes interesting reading. Here’s the link - https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...rim-update.pdf

Here are the annexes which includes details of what companies and organisations were quizzed - https://www.gov.uk/government/upload..._Update_v4.pdf
Old 28-03-2018, 23:28   #2529
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Good to see the Brexit Broadcasting Corporation being called out again for its pro-Brexit bias.
Quote:
The BBC has come under fire from some of those who went on yesterday’s pro-EU march who claim the broadcaster did not give the event sufficient news coverage.
The Unite for Europe march saw tens of thousands of people take to the streets of London to express their discontent over the Government’s handling of the referendum result as the country teeters on the brink of a so-called “hard Brexit”.
Police figures suggest around 100,000 people attended the march, but several passionate protesters took to social media to complain the BBC was not giving the event due prominence in its bulletins.
Former Liberal Democrat MP Stephen Williams said on Twitter: “Absolute disgrace that BBC TV News gives just 5 seconds coverage to pro EU march by 50,000 people but gives extensive time to UKIP news.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...form=hootsuite
Old 29-03-2018, 05:29   #2530
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

To be perfectly honest Andrew there is considerable bias across large parts of the media one way or tother and its pretty hard to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Old 29-03-2018, 09:12   #2531
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Good to see the Brexit Broadcasting Corporation being called out again for its pro-Brexit bias.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...form=hootsuite
There is a kind of balance though. 'Teetering on the verge of a hard Brexit' is far from the truth!

As most people who follow the news should be appreciating by now, a trade deal looks very likely indeed. Not to have one will damage both the UK and the EU.
Old 29-03-2018, 14:19   #2532
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
As most people who follow the news should be appreciating by now, a trade deal looks very likely indeed. Not to have one will damage both the UK and the EU.
I'm very happy to agree with you on this point.
Old 30-03-2018, 19:00   #2533
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Inward investment is looking up, good news for the economy.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/0...e-reported-it/

Once we get a bit more certainty about the outcome of the Brexit negotiations, these indicators will look even healthier. Assuming we get a trade deal, I believe that the economy will absolutely take off.
Old 04-04-2018, 18:42   #2534
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Some people are just born 'stupid'...

Quote:
Trevor Kilburn #FBPE ���� @trevkilburn Apr 3

I will be reporting any account that admits to voting Leave, because I believe their vote to be a hate crime. cc @metpoliceuk
https://twitter.com/trevkilburn/stat...71854080487424
Old 04-04-2018, 20:21   #2535
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
The first draft of the new British passport has become available (apparently the French parent company had a lot of input to the layout...).
It is a sort of nice French blue !

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
As i said to den
I think what your trying to say is the EU is a nice place to visit but you wouldn't want to stay in it
Well I'm back in Blighty now and what have we got ?

Flooding, state sponsored attempted murders, stabbings/shootings, row about passport colours, a strange obsession with some 96 year old duffer's hip surgery, politicians trying to out troll each other, and an utterly divided country.

My tans fading already and I've developed a cold
Closed Thread