Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Game of Thrones

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Game of Thrones

Old 26-05-2017, 09:45   #46
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Game of Thrones

So plenty still to come yet General.

Seasons l meant.
Old 26-05-2017, 14:20   #47
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

There are only two more seasons, 7 (coming soon) and 8 (next year) - after that its finished.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 15:06   #48
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
So plenty still to come yet
quite sadly no Every year I moan to my friends that it is over before you know it and this year it is going to be even worse. Instead of the usual 10 episodes we are only getting 7 and next year I think it is 6 episodes. They have made a big point of saying that they are telling the story that they want to tell and aren't gong to pad the seasons unnecessarily so I hope that works in our favour and we get some longer episodes as well.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2017, 18:20   #49
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
It’s official. Entertainment Weekly reports Game of Thrones‘ final season (season eight) will only consist of six episodes, bringing the series total to 73 episodes.

The hit drama’s seventh and second-to-last season is slated to debut on July 16th. The large cast includes Peter Dinklage, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke, Aidan Gillen, Kit Harington, Diana Rigg, Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams, and Iain Glen.

Showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss have been saying Game of Thrones would end at 73 episodes for some time, and the now the number is confirmed. The upcoming seventh season will consist of seven episodes, leaving the final six for the eighth and final season.

However, while the popular HBO series might be ending, that doesn’t mean the network is leaving Westeros. Earlier, we reported HBO is developing five Game of Thrones spinoffs, all of which are prequels according to author George R.R. Martin.
Old 03-06-2017, 13:42   #50
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
What’s in store for the future of Game of Thrones? Recently, HBO boss Casey Bloys spoke with Entertainment Weekly about possible spinoffs and the final season of the popular TV show.

The upcoming seventh season of Game of Thrones will be the second-to-last for the hit fantasy drama. Earlier, we reported HBO is developing five Game of Thrones spinoffs, all of which are prequels according to author George R.R. Martin.
Speaking to EW, Bloys clarified that the Game of Thrones prequel series are in very early stages of development:

“I want to put the prequels in context. It should go without saying I love having a show with this much intense interest around it. Even the smallest bit of information is a big deal and I appreciate that. But I wanted to make sure fans know this is a really embryonic process. I haven’t even seen outlines. In the press at large, everybody said, ‘there are four spinoffs’ and they assume that means each one is happening and we’re going to have a new Game of Thrones show per quarter. That’s not what’s going on. The idea is not to do four shows. The bar set by [Benioff and Weiss] is so high that my hope is to get one show that lives up to it. Also, this is a long-term plan. Our No. 1 goal is the seventh season this summer and getting the eighth season written and aired.”

And what about the final season of Game of Thrones? Bloys said season eight will air sometime in 2018 or 2019. As of now, the episodes still need to be written:

“They have to write the episodes and figure out the production schedule. We’ll have a better sense of that once they get further into the writing.”
I am going to be mardy if they delay it by a whole year. There is no reason for it at all as they are used to banging out 10 episodes a year and this will be no different apart from the fact they are making less. The whole world will go nuts if we don't get any GoT next year, especially as it is the final season and season 7 will no doubt end on a cliff hanger.
Old 05-06-2017, 19:55   #51
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
poo your pants time:

l just pooed my pants seeing the white walkers again.
Old 05-06-2017, 20:04   #52
General Maximus
Ran Away

I love the blue eyes
Old 07-06-2017, 15:22   #53
denphone
Still alive and fighting

At last the warped hideous king has had his day.
Old 07-06-2017, 19:30   #54
General Maximus
Ran Away

have you just watched 4x02?
Old 07-06-2017, 19:33   #55
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
have you just watched 4x02?
Old 07-06-2017, 19:35   #56
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I just wish I could get into this.... I watched the first two and gave up on it. Working my way through the first book now in the hopes it'll get me going for it
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 19:53   #57
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
I watched the first two and gave up on it.
episodes or seasons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
you have no idea how satisfying that was, especially as I had no idea that it was going to happen. I am so glad it was a slow and agonising death, it was truly deserved.
Old 07-06-2017, 20:13   #58
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Episodes.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 20:33   #59
General Maximus
Ran Away

ah, well to be honest it took me about 4 episodes before I understood what was going on. I had never heard of the books before the series had come out and didn't know anything about it. It took me 4 eps to understand who was who, where they were and what all the story lines were. If you ever want to give it a go again let me know and I can sum up the start of the series in a couple of nice and easy paragraphs for you. It is the first series I have ever seen where they throw you in at the deep end and you don't have a clue what is going on but you get the gist of it eventually.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:57   #60
General Maximus
Ran Away

My wish has half come true

Quote:
What can fans expect from season seven of Game of Thrones? According to Watchers on the Wall, the upcoming season of the HBO TV show will contain the series’ longest episodes to date.

Per Watchers on the Wall, the penultimate episode Game of Thrones‘ seventh season will be 71 minutes long and the finale will be 81 minutes. The longest episode up ’til now has been the season six finale, which had a running time of 68 minutes. So even though fans are getting three less episodes than a normal season, some of those episodes will be significantly longer than usual.