Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Game of Thrones

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Game of Thrones

Old 22-05-2019, 23:32   #271
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Game of Thrones

Dany 'turning evil'/'going mad' had been telegraphed for quite a while now. I think most people entered the season wondering when it would happen and this season gave enough clues to it. The season also piled on the grief, loss and insecurity onto her as well losing two of her long-term friends/allies and another dragon.

I think she went from 'might be mad' to 'genocidal rage' a bit too quickly though.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-05-2019, 12:34   #272
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I can understand people loving Dani and being upset by what happened but in terms of my realism factor ask yourself what you would have done in that situation. I have been having a GoT lunch with a friend every week this season so we can talk about the most recent ep and what we want to happen in the next ep. To put things in perspective, after ep 4 and Missandei dying, bearing in mind that I had no idea what was going to happen in ep 5 and often what we want to happen doesn't, I told my friend how I felt and that if I was Dani I have been screwed over enough by trying to do the right thing and I would execute Tyrion and burn Kingslanding to the ground. It isn't very often that things have gone the way I wanted them to in GoT but I was overjoyed when she lost it and levelled the place. It is in keeping with her primary goal of breaking the wheel anyway. Kingslanding was the symbol of everything that was wrong with the world and she has got rid of it. They surprised me a bit at the end by finding representatives of the noble houses to sit on a council because I was expecting one of the Starks to kill Dani and the Starks to rule Westeros from Winterfell but how it ended is good enough for me.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 19:06   #273
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Old 18-07-2019, 17:16   #274
General Maximus
Ran Away

Game of Thrones has picked up a record number or 32 Emmy nominations this year and I am absolutely thrilled. It has really bugged me in previous years when it has not been nominated or won categories such as best drama but you can understand why, it can't win every year (even though I think it should have). As with LOTR at the Oscars, they have waited till the last season and I think it is only proper that such a phenomenal series gets the recognition it deserves.

https://news.sky.com/story/game-of-t...tions-11764443
Old 18-07-2019, 18:42   #275
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Pity it was the worst season ....

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2019, 18:47   #276
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Maybe so but it still was far better then most of the stuff out there.
Old 18-07-2019, 19:52   #277
General Maximus
Ran Away

exactly, it is miles ahead of everything else
Old 14-09-2019, 16:56   #278
General Maximus
Ran Away

Good news, it looks like we are going to get another GoT prequel series showing the rise and fall of House Targaryn which will be excellent:

https://deadline.com/2019/09/house-t...bo-1202732221/
Old 14-09-2019, 17:31   #279
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Good news, it looks like we are going to get another GoT prequel series showing the rise and fall of House Targaryn which will be excellent:

l cannot wait...
Old 29-10-2019, 20:44   #280
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post

Game Of Thrones Prequel Pilot Starring Naomi Watts Not Going Forward At HBO

https://deadline.com/2019/10/game-of...ts-1202771609/
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2019, 12:16   #281
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Game Of Thrones Prequel Pilot Starring Naomi Watts Not Going Forward At HBO

https://deadline.com/2019/10/game-of...ts-1202771609/
Really bizarre. I know it is peanuts to them but if they had already filmed it I would love to know how many $millions they have thrown down the drain.

On the upside though all is not lost, another prequel series has been given the green light.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/h...sequel-series/
Old 30-10-2019, 17:10   #282
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I guess they decided they only wanted one prequel, and one set thousands of years ago was going to be too far disconnected from the original.

The House of the Dragon is only set 300 years in the past and will have more familiar family groups.

Old 30-10-2019, 18:03   #283
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I wonder if it will be based on "Fire & Blood" (just finished it), which is also described as
Quote:
Set 300 years before the events in A Song of Ice and Fire, Fire and Blood is the definitive history of the Targaryens in Westeros as told by Archmaester Gyldayn, and chronicles the conquest that united the Seven Kingdoms under Targaryen rule through the Dance of the Dragons: the Targaryen civil war that nearly ended their dynasty forever...

... Centuries before the events of A Game of Thrones, House Targaryen – the only family of dragonlords to survive the Doom of Valyria – took up residence on Dragonstone. Fire and Blood begins their tale with the legendary Aegon the Conqueror, creator of the Iron Throne, and goes on to recount the generations of Targaryens who fought to hold that iconic seat, all the way up to the civil war that nearly tore their dynasty apart.

What really happened during the Dance of the Dragons? Why did it become so deadly to visit Valyria after the Doom? What is the origin of Daenerys’s three dragon eggs? These are but a few of the questions answered in this essential chronicle, as related by a learned maester of the Citadel
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2019, 18:22   #284
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Yep, it is.

Quote:
.... the series is set 300 years before the events of Game of Thrones and focuses on the tale of the House Targaryen.
Written by Condal and based on Martin’s Fire & Blood ......

Old 30-10-2019, 23:08   #285
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I guess they decided they only wanted one prequel, and one set thousands of years ago was going to be too far disconnected from the original.

The House of the Dragon is only set 300 years in the past and will have more familiar family groups.
yeah makes sense. Given the massive fan base which they will want to maintain I think the more "normal" people will find it easier picking up a new series if they can relate to it. If you start fresh in a new time period in a different kingdom, different houses, different technologies and languages etc it may be too much for traditional viewers and only appeal to the true scifi/fantasy fan and they would see the viewing figures shrink.