Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation
Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 10:19   #2296
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: President Trump & U.S Election 2016 Investigation

Quote:
Donald J. Trump
@realdonaldtrump

....I am a Tariff Man. When people or countries come in to raid the great wealth of our Nation, I want them to pay for the privilege of doing so. It will always be the best way to max out our economic power. We are right now taking in $billions in Tariffs. MAKE AMERICA RICH AGAIN

04/12/2018 15:03
Tariffs are paid by American consumers, and they raise the prices of many things they buy.

They function exactly like taxes, so in effect Trump has raised taxes on most Americans, making Americans poorer.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2018, 14:32   #2297
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Tariffs are paid by American consumers, and they raise the prices of many things they buy.

They function exactly like taxes, so in effect Trump has raised taxes on most Americans, making Americans poorer.
For a 'business man' he really doesn't get a lot of what makes businesses thrive.

same goes for being President and how the economy and trade deals actually work.

Its all take take take. Give us this and make us rich, that won't help when companies and other countries don't want to do business and the US fall flat on its butt.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:23   #2298
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
For a 'business man' he really doesn't get a lot of what makes businesses thrive.

same goes for being President and how the economy and trade deals actually work.

Its all take take take. Give us this and make us rich, that won't help when companies and other countries don't want to do business and the US fall flat on its butt.
Absolute claptrap.

Then please explain the bloody growth rate in the US, being at or over 4% - something his predecessor said he would need a magic wand to get it to!!!
Old 06-12-2018, 03:25   #2299
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Business men usually understand how their (and other) business works.

Politicians simply know how to tax it.

Trump can do both
Old 06-12-2018, 10:01   #2300
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Absolute claptrap.

Then please explain the bloody growth rate in the US, being at or over 4% - something his predecessor said he would need a magic wand to get it to!!!
Unless, of course, you count the three times in when he did, in 2010, 2012, and 2014.

btw, Obama never said that - it’s something that Trump made up (shock horror, I know...)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8532131.html [quote]

Quote:
Donald Trump has attributed a false quote to Barack Obama in a tweet about the US economy.

The president wrote: “’President Trump would need a magic wand to get to 4% GDP,’ stated President Obama. I guess I have a magic wand, 4.2%, and we will do MUCH better than this! We have just begun.”

But Mr Obama has never said this, and during his presidency GDP exceeded 4.2 per cent on three separate occasions.

---------- Post added at 09:01 ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Business men usually understand how their (and other) business works.

Politicians simply know how to tax it.

Trump can do both
Successful business people don’t normally have multiple bankruptcies
Old 06-12-2018, 10:15   #2301
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Unless, of course, you count the three times in when he did, in 2010, 2012, and 2014.

btw, Obama never said that - it’s something that Trump made up (shock horror, I know...)

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8532131.html
Why people still take what Trump says as gospel is beyond me.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:52   #2302
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8532131.html

Successful business people don’t normally have multiple bankruptcies
WTF do you continue to LIE Hugh ?

Yes Obama said it - watch this damn video from 3 minutes in, Obama brings up the need for a "magic wand".

He bloody said it!!!

Job growth and high GDP are explicable linked so stop trying to bullshit me all the time! It will not work with me!!!
Old 06-12-2018, 11:25   #2303
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:

Yes Obama said it - watch this damn video from 3 minutes in, Obama brings up the need for a "magic wand".

He bloody said it!!!

Job growth and high GDP are explicable linked so stop trying to bullshit me all the time! It will not work with me!!!
He said magic wand but in reference to bringing back a lot of jobs. He didn't say you would need a magic want to get 4% GDP which is what Trump claimed. After all it would be a stupid thing for him to say since he did it multiple times.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:21   #2304
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:

He bloody said it!!!

Stating what someone actually said, rather than what Trump said he said, isn’t lying, it’s being factual.

Obama never mentioned 4% GDP - Trump said he did.

Trump is the liar - here’s the actual speech; the words ‘GDP’ and ‘4%’ are notable by their absence...
Quote:
Obama, June 1, 2016: Now, the good news is that there are entire new industries that are starting to pop up and you’re actually seeing some manufacturers coming back to the United States because they’re starting to realize, “You know what? Energy prices are lower here, workers are better here, this is our biggest market. And so even though we off-shored and went someplace else before, now it turns out we’re better off going ahead and manufacturing here.”

But for those folks who have lost their job right now because a plant went down the Mexico, that isn’t going to make you feel better. And so what we have to do is to make sure that folks are trained for the jobs that are coming in now because some of those jobs of the past are just not going to come back, and when somebody says, like the person you just mentioned who I’m not going to advertise for, that he’s going to bring all these jobs back, well how exactly are you going to do that? What are you going to do?

There’s — there’s no answer to it. He just says, “Well, I’m going to negotiate a better deal.” Well, how — what — how exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have? And usually, the answer is he doesn’t have an answer.

Last edited by Hugh; 06-12-2018 at 12:26.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:32   #2305
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Old 06-12-2018, 12:35   #2306
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Obama is a liar too - Let's just agree to disagree because Obama did say the "Magic wand"..

I have give plenty of warning - as I was the thread starter, I said this thread was closing. It is now closed. If there is any significant breakthrough's and they have to be significant, I will allow this and *only* this thread to be re-opened temporarily.

All members are reminded of the sites policy on closed threads - When any thread is closed. No other thread is permitted on the same subject.
Old 08-12-2018, 15:39   #2307
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Thread re-opened due to Significant news yesterday:

Mueller Court papers filed yesterday, show Russia tried to attempt contact with Trump Campaign in 2015, but the offer was never followed up.

https://news.sky.com/story/ex-trump-...-term-11574651

Various charges and allegations from Mueller suggest Manafort lied to investigators and Congress.

However - Still no smoking gun that directly points to Russian Collusion with Trump Campaign.

In other news, Trump picks new UN Ambassador to replace Nikki Haley: Heather Nauert he also nominates William Barr for Attorney General, who was AG under President George H.W. Bush in the 1990's.
Old 08-12-2018, 22:36   #2308
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...e-year-1052225
Quote:
White House chief of staff John Kelly will leave his position by the end of this year, President Donald Trump confirmed Saturday, ending a tumultuous tenure in the West Wing that was riven with internal tension and constant questions about his future.

"He’s a great guy," Trump told reporters of the retired Marine general, according to a pool report. He said as he departed the White House that a replacement would be named in the next few days.
Old 08-12-2018, 22:47   #2309
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Why does nobody get on with the orange buffoon ?? His early severance bill must be getting out of hand.
Old 08-12-2018, 23:49   #2310
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Why does nobody get on with the orange buffoon ?? His early severance bill must be getting out of hand.
Why can’t you be grown up and stop using childish name calling?

Btw attacking someone apparent skin colour, makes you a racist!!!
Closed Thread