Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Xbox One Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Microsoft Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Xbox One Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 11:21   #166
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st View Post
yeah,I'll get saving too and will also trade in my 360 and Games when the time comes.Can't wait,I think we're in for a treat.
Ohh, I hope we can trade in old equipment, I'd throw in my ps3 too
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2013, 11:26   #167
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st View Post
yeah,I'll get saving too and will also trade in my 360 and Games when the time comes.Can't wait,I think we're in for a treat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
Ohh, I hope we can trade in old equipment, I'd throw in my ps3 too
I hope we are in for a treat. A few people i work with are questioning why i am getting X1 instead of PS4. I wont trade in Xbox 360 staright away ill wait a while
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:27   #168
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
I hope we are in for a treat. A few people i work with are questioning why i am getting X1 instead of PS4
I played both xbox online and ps3...prefer xbox (as long as I can mute everyone)
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 15:01   #169
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I hope the Xbox One is on par with the PS4 with the quality of the games and media play back. I really hope MKV is finally supported properly this time around but i won't hold my breath.

Only around 10 days until we get alot more info on the X1 and PS4.
SnoopZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 18:00   #170
Jameseh

Microsoft are too friendly with film & tv studios to allow MKV, considering its (basically) only use.
Old 05-06-2013, 15:58   #171
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Rumoured E3 games list.

Halo 5
Killer Instinct
Banjo Kazooie 4
Forza 5
Quantum Break
Halo: Spartan Assault
Ryse
Fable 4
Crackdown 3
Fortnite
Dead Rising 3
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Battlefield 4
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Dying Light
Prey 2
Homefront 2
Beyond Good & Evil 2
Mirror’s Edge 2
Rainbow 6: PATRIOTS
Brother in Arms: Furious Four
League of Legends

http://www.gamingtruth.com/2013/06/0...few-surprises/
Old 05-06-2013, 18:50   #172
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
Microsoft are too friendly with film & tv studios to allow MKV, considering its (basically) only use.
People said similar things about xvid/divx support for the PS3 and 360... until it was added to both.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 14:36   #173
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Rumour: Microsoft to sell Xbox One for cheap with Sky subscription
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 19:38   #174
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

The source for that speculation was an article at TrustedReviews... which now says this:

Sky refutes rumours Xbox One will come with reduced price TV subscription
Old 06-06-2013, 19:47   #175
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

There are alot of rumours flying around that mostly seem incorrect, roll on E3 next week.
Old 07-06-2013, 00:20   #176
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Microsoft has finally provided answers for the questions people have had since before the reveal, and which its previous attempts at answering just caused more problems.

Xbox One: Details on Connectivity, Licensing and Privacy Features

Three sections:

Xbox One: A Modern, Connected Device

- All games play from the HDD, the disc is only needed for installation. All games will also be available for digital download day one.

- All of your games can be played from any Xbox One you're signed in on.

- Minimum broadband connection of 1.5Mbps recommended.

- A persistent connection is not required, but the Xbox One must be able to go online to verify if you've sold any discs you have, as otherwise you could install games and then sell the disc. You can play offline on your primary console for 24 hours before it needs to check in, or play offline for one hour on another console.

How Games Licensing Works on Xbox One

- All your games are available on any console you sign in on.

- Your family and friends can all play your games on your console without being logged in as you. They can also access your library on other consoles, if you have shared it with them. (some sort of evolution of the family account).

- You can give your games to friends, or trade them in. No fees are charged, but it is up to publishers to enable/disable selling/giving games. MS Studios won't prohibit giving or trading its own games.

Privacy by Design: How Xbox One and the New Kinect Sensor Put You in Control

- Comprehensive privacy controls.

- Although Kinect must be connected, you do not have to use it. It can be On, Off, or Paused.

- Kinect won't record your conversations in the living room.

- No data will leave your console without your express permission.

- Other control methods can still be used in addition or instead of Kinect.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:35   #177
Jameseh

Quote:
- Although Kinect must be connected, you do not have to use it. It can be On, Off, or Paused.
Evidently a lie then, why require something that can be turned off?
Old 07-06-2013, 08:17   #178
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameseh View Post
Evidently a lie then, why require something that can be turned off?
It just says must be connected.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:53   #179
Jameseh

But why would it need to be connected if you can then just turn it off, it's clearly never off.

Infuriates me like hell because I really want to play Forza, Fable, Halo, etc.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:57   #180
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Just turn it off, you sound paranoid, although I would like a lens cover, but I got used to my webcam not having that.

As long as off works I don't see the problem.