Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 19-10-2015, 18:12   #1441
vanman
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky
vanman has reached the bronze age
vanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze age
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Does anyone here bother installing leaks?

I expect another fast ring build soon seeing the slow ring is on the same build as the fast currently.
i do and and so do http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thr...64-english-wzt
vanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-10-2015, 18:28   #1442
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

I don't have the time to keep installing new builds to be honest, i like to wait for the official releases.
Old 19-10-2015, 21:50   #1443
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I don't have the time to keep installing new builds to be honest, i like to wait for the official releases.
same here staying on RTM and wait for official release of TH2 should be in November
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2015, 22:39   #1444
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
same here staying on RTM and wait for official release of TH2 should be in November
I am happy on the fast ring on desktopand put my slow laptop on the slow as I wanted the coloured window title bars and the current build seems very stable.
Old 20-10-2015, 01:25   #1445
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave6x View Post
Last night I decided time was right to upgrade my ASUS laptop from Win 7 HP to Windows 10.

Backed up Docs & Created System Image then started upgrade. Upgrade took around 90 mins, only issue on startup was Comodo Firewall blocked internet access, but clicked Fix and Comodo downloaded and installed new s/w and everything worked!

So far no other issues, all programs appear to run OK.

Just one question, there doesn't appear to be a Hibernate in the power settings?
What program did you use to create your image?

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2015, 15:43   #1446
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

never heard of Leaks, I have never upgraded to windows 10 .
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2015, 15:54   #1447
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
never heard of Leaks, I have never upgraded to windows 10 .
I recommend upgrading to it seeing it is free at the moment if you have a qualifying Windows version.
Old 20-10-2015, 23:11   #1448
dave6x
Inactive

Services: VM BBL 3Mb> 10Mb> 20Mb> 30Mb> 50Mb> 70Mb
dave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond reputedave6x has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-J View Post
What program did you use to create your image?
Just used the Win 7 Backup and Restore "Create a System Image". See Linky

Haven't needed to use it, Windows 10 is a vast improvement on my laptop both in terms of speed and performance and I would never go back to Win 7.
dave6x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2015, 03:36   #1449
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Thanks Dave.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2015, 21:01   #1450
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

According to a trusted source, Microsoft will release the “Threshold 2” (TH2) release of Windows 10 in November as the Windows 10 Fall Update. And unlike the post-RTM Windows Insider builds we’ve been getting, the Fall Update will ship as a cumulative update, not as a full build.

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/win...vember-release
Old 21-10-2015, 21:29   #1451
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
According to a trusted source, Microsoft will release the “Threshold 2” (TH2) release of Windows 10 in November as the Windows 10 Fall Update. And unlike the post-RTM Windows Insider builds we’ve been getting, the Fall Update will ship as a cumulative update, not as a full build.

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/win...vember-release
I was just about to post the same link.
Old 29-10-2015, 17:34   #1452
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

New Windows 10 desktop build is due out later today.
Old 29-10-2015, 22:09   #1453
Dave42
cf.mega poster

http://blogs.windows.com/windowsexpe...w-build-10576/

new build live now fast ring

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:45 ----------

2 new cumulative updates released today KB3106932 and KB3105210
Old 05-11-2015, 19:59   #1454
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Build 10586 now rolling out on the fast ring.

---------- Post added at 18:13 ---------- Previous post was at 18:13 ----------

Can't see it yet though.

---------- Post added at 19:59 ---------- Previous post was at 18:13 ----------

I believe this is TH2 RTM as there is no watermark.
Old 06-11-2015, 19:59   #1455
Dave42
cf.mega poster

upgraded my RTM to build 10586 converted ESD to ISO and clean installed as this is RTM of threshold 2 all working great