Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New price rises 2021!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

New price rises 2021!

Old 06-01-2021, 19:11   #31
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: New price rises 2021!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
The list you have linked is way out of date . Stopped looking when I saw universal listed
Try this:
https://www.virginmedia.com/content/...ember_2020.pdf
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-01-2021, 15:22   #32
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Just received my email. My price increase on 1 March coincides with other discounts expiring on 9 March - so my bill is set to increase by more than £20 per month.

Does anyone know whether retentions are likely to have better offers to stay if I call now during the price change period, or are there likely to be better discounts available after 1 March when there are fewer calls being made to retentions? I might be over thinking this!
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 15:30   #33
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
Just received my email. My price increase on 1 March coincides with other discounts expiring on 9 March - so my bill is set to increase by more than £20 per month.

Does anyone know whether retentions are likely to have better offers to stay if I call now during the price change period, or are there likely to be better discounts available after 1 March when there are fewer calls being made to retentions? I might be over thinking this!
You can try your luck just now as you have the right to leave.

Contracts are for 18 months now. If you put your notice in you may get offered an even better deal. Depends what they offer you it’s worth a bash.
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 18:33   #34
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Universal is still there!
Old 07-01-2021, 20:47   #35
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Universal is still there!
Huh? Where?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 13:15   #36
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Huh? Where?
Now not sure it didn't open "old" page as I cannot even open it at all ! Got it to open and yes just have seen old list when I went for the link you gave .as this time it's different . Acrobat has a lot to asnwer for I guess ?

Last edited by Itshim; 08-01-2021 at 13:19.
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 16:30   #37
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post

If you wait until after 1st March you will already have accepted the price rise so too late. The email will state what date you must decide by.

Just recieved mine and it states.

Quote:
But if you want to, you can change or cancel your package at any time before 12/02/2021, without paying any cancellation fees.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 18:03   #38
Brunel
Chief Mechanical Engineer

Services: V.M. M. 125 November 6 2018. Finally connected.
Brunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the roughBrunel is a jewel in the rough

I called 150 and followed the menu for "Leaving", automatically offered a £3:50 discount for 6 months.

Waiting for a human to answer, I expect a discount for a longer period.

Could be a long wait.
Brunel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 18:26   #39
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Still haven't had any news of this rise but they always send these things to me by letter for some reason. Only got a new deal a couple of weeks ago, so might have escaped...
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 18:39   #40
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Still haven't had any news of this rise but they always send these things to me by letter for some reason. Only got a new deal a couple of weeks ago, so might have escaped...
l have not had any news either but l am sure it won't be long in coming..
Old 08-01-2021, 18:50   #41
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I got a smallish discount a couple of months ago but my £4 price rise e-mail came at the start of the week. Think it might be time for a bit of hard ball negotiation for once, it seems it's the only way to get a significant discount.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 19:00   #42
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
I got a smallish discount a couple of months ago but my £4 price rise e-mail came at the start of the week. Think it might be time for a bit of hard ball negotiation for once, it seems it's the only way to get a significant discount.
That is the one good thing about a price rise, its puts us all 'out of contract' and a chance to renegotiate. Last time this happened I managed to get the price rise and more discounted !
Old 08-01-2021, 19:05   #43
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
That is the one good thing about a price rise, its puts us all 'out of contract' and a chance to renegotiate. Last time this happened I managed to get the price rise and more discounted !
Very true, I could just do without the hassle, it's the only time I ever use the landline phone.
Old 08-01-2021, 19:09   #44
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
Very true, I could just do without the hassle, it's the only time I ever use the landline phone.
Top tip if you get an overseas call centre, hang up and try again another time. Only the UK retentions seem to give decent deals, they seem to answer rarely. Its pot luck. Worth persisting and being patient with, but yes the whole process is a pain in the backside.
Old 08-01-2021, 19:17   #45
daveeb
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Top tip if you get an overseas call centre, hang up and try again another time. Only the UK retentions seem to give decent deals, they seem to answer rarely. Its pot luck. Worth persisting and being patient with, but yes the whole process is a pain in the backside.
I think I've been lucky as I've only ever got Wales/Scotland/Liverpool in previous "thinking of leaving" retention calls, though I always ring well before lunch time. I agree, reaching the offshore centres is the time to abandon all hope. Once spent 40 minutes on the phone to India just to ask them for a new Tivo remote