Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 15-12-2019, 14:50   #7021
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
That may be so, Raider, but you can do it on BBC iPlayer streams, so it is perfectly possible. You can test it for yourself right now. Each BBC channel has its own live stream.
Can also do it on itv hub live stream and 4od live streams.
Advertisement
Old 16-12-2019, 09:48   #7022
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Britbox has suffered a blow. Sky don't want it on their platform.

BT will be providing the service, but no word yet from Virgin Media.

https://www.cityam.com/sky-scuppers-...aming-service/
Old 16-12-2019, 10:16   #7023
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

Don't say you were not told by the likes of Muppetman and other forum members.

It was doomed before it started..
Old 16-12-2019, 10:19   #7024
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Don't say you were not told by the likes of Muppetman and other forum members.

It was doomed before it started..
Amazon Prime isn't on Sky either. Do you think Amazon is doomed also?
Old 16-12-2019, 10:23   #7025
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Amazon Prime isn't on Sky either. Do you think Amazon is doomed also?
There is a great lot of difference between a 160lb gorilla which is Amazon and one called Britbox that weighs about 14 ounces.

Last edited by denphone; 16-12-2019 at 10:31.
Old 16-12-2019, 12:52   #7026
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:

It makes sense for Sky not to have it as they have bought a lot of the content directly or via UKTV. VM may be in a similar situation, I don't know.
Old 16-12-2019, 13:43   #7027
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

As you know I've been trialling Britbox and I'm not impressed if I'm honest it's certainly not something I'd subscribe to long term and won't bother beyond the trial.
Old 16-12-2019, 15:34   #7028
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
It makes sense for Sky not to have it as they have bought a lot of the content directly or via UKTV. VM may be in a similar situation, I don't know.
Agreed. That is more likely to be the reason.

---------- Post added at 14:32 ---------- Previous post was at 14:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
There is a great lot of difference between a 160lb gorilla which is Amazon and one called Britbox that weighs about 14 ounces.
Yes, I get that, but my point was that just because Britbox will not appear on Sky doesn't mean it is doomed to failure.

---------- Post added at 14:34 ---------- Previous post was at 14:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
As you know I've been trialling Britbox and I'm not impressed if I'm honest it's certainly not something I'd subscribe to long term and won't bother beyond the trial.
I certainly wouldn't bother with it until they have the originals appearing. At the moment it would appeal more to UKTV and non-subscription audiences.

I don't watch repeats so I'm certainly not going to pay for them!
Old 16-12-2019, 17:22   #7029
denphone
Still alive and fighting

So much positivity but reality often wins out OB.
Old 16-12-2019, 17:28   #7030
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Getting my annual trial free month of Amazon Prime again, before i cancel in the New year (again) - handy at Xmas time Had it a week and think i've seen everything worth watching as far as tv/movies go.. Unless i'm missing something - please direct me to something worthwhile and British made if i am ! (watched Good Omens)

Don't know why people subscribe for a year. Outside of Xmas time i find Amazon deliver with a day or 2 anyway even if you don't have Prime.
Old 16-12-2019, 17:31   #7031
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Getting my annual trial free month of Amazon Prime again, before i cancel in the New year (again) - handy at Xmas time Had it a week and think i've seen everything worth watching as far as tv/movies go.. Unless i'm missing something - please direct me to something worthwhile and British made if i am ! (watched Good Omens)

Don't know why people subscribe for a year. Outside of Xmas time i find Amazon deliver with a day or 2 anyway even if you don't have Prime.
I know what you mean. i think the problem is the interface. there is a lot more available to watch but the fact they shove in things not included in prime makes the whole interface bloated and difficult to find anything
Old 16-12-2019, 19:23   #7032
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post

For us, because where we live, they don’t deliver within a day or two if you choose the free 3-5 day delivery. They take 3-5 days.

Also the order deadline for next day delivery is quite late in the evening for many products, if we want something sent to family in Glasgow same day delivery is often available, and when we’re off the mainland they will still deliver free of charge, even though it takes a little longer.

Plus there’s a ton of box sets there I never saw on tv due to not having sky, or having young kids, so I’m doing years of catch up.

And The Boys is really good.
Old 16-12-2019, 23:03   #7033
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Disney+ Locks Exclusive Distribution Deal With French Pay-TV Giant Canal Plus

https://deadline.com/2019/12/disney-...us-1202809795/

It seems Disney are still open to striking deals for its content outside the US.
Old 17-12-2019, 01:02   #7034
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Disney+ Locks Exclusive Distribution Deal With French Pay-TV Giant Canal Plus

https://deadline.com/2019/12/disney-...us-1202809795/

It seems Disney are still open to striking deals for its content outside the US.
Yes. I think like HBO they'll take a market-by-market approach but you think they will annoy quite a few people in France who don't subscribe to Canal Plus.
The UK looks set to be a non-exclusive deal so we won't have this problem. I assume we'll still have live channels from Fox and National Geographic but will it be goodbye to Sky Movies Disney?
Old 17-12-2019, 01:56   #7035
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Yes. I think like HBO they'll take a market-by-market approach but you think they will annoy quite a few people in France who don't subscribe to Canal Plus.
The UK looks set to be a non-exclusive deal so we won't have this problem. I assume we'll still have live channels from Fox and National Geographic but will it be goodbye to Sky Movies Disney?
Yes it will be goodbye Sky movies Disney. The whole reason for the delay to UK release and elsewhere in Europe was waiting for the licenses to expire.
Closed Thread