Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 360 set top box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

360 set top box

Old 27-02-2021, 23:10   #1
andrewshearman
cf.member

andrewshearman is an unknown quantity at this point
360 set top box

is it a free upgrade Can u record 6 show AT THE ONE TIME how big is the HDD I NEED 2 BOXES

ANDREW
andrewshearman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 28-02-2021, 00:54   #2
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: 360 set top box

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewshearman View Post
is it a free upgrade Can u record 6 show AT THE ONE TIME how big is the HDD I NEED 2 BOXES

ANDREW
You can have the 360 software transferred on to your V6 boxes, Andrew.
Old 28-02-2021, 10:16   #3
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You can have the 360 software transferred on to your V6 boxes, Andrew.
And lose all your recordings and some features.

A snazzier epg isn't that important, and chatting to your rc will get you locked up
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2021, 23:07   #4
andrewshearman
cf.member

so how i get the new software on my V6 boxes the actiavition for £24
Old 02-03-2021, 00:30   #5
andrewshearman
cf.member

so how i get the new software on my V6 boxes I phoned VM thay said the activation is £24 and i need a a new box i said i had the V6 box

Andrew
Old 02-03-2021, 11:58   #6
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewshearman View Post
so how i get the new software on my V6 boxes I phoned VM thay said the activation is £24 and i need a a new box i said i had the V6 box

Andrew
Ring again. You don't need a new box. They'll just send you a new remote control.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 19:09   #7
Glitch33
cf.member

Glitch33 is an unknown quantity at this point

I phoned up to get a replacement remote for my Tivo (found out I could have simply done it online) and ended up ordering a 360 set up. A 360 mini to replace a Tivo which is a second box.

Hopefully they got the order right because me getting V6 and Tivo confused whilst talking to someone who speaks poor English was not a good combination.
They had to keep putting me on hold to find out answers, presumably asking their supervisor.

Anyway Yodel are delivering something to me on Saturday.

From what I understand the V6 get a software upgrade and the mini replaces the Tivo.
I wanted it so I could get UHD on both TVs.
Glitch33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 19:43   #8
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

I have never even been offered the software update for the V6.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 20:11   #9
Glitch33
cf.member

I have the Max TV package.
I have to pay a one off payment of £24.95.

I guess I could have just requested a second V6 box - I think that's what I asked for but they offered the 360 solution
Old 04-03-2021, 20:33   #10
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Is it correct you lose all recordings and series links if you upgrade to the new boxes or upgrade to the new 360 software on the V6?

The recordings I can deal with, it's the series links that will annoy me. Is there anything being worked on to allow series links to be transferred over?
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 20:41   #11
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

I doubt there will be a facility to transfer series links as the TiVo series link is very complex compared to the basic facilities of TV 360 Record Series.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 20:49   #12
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
I doubt there will be a facility to transfer series links as the TiVo series link is very complex compared to the basic facilities of TV 360 Record Series.
And that is just one of the reasons why l am staying very much with the V6.
Old 04-03-2021, 21:14   #13
Glitch33
cf.member

Maybe I should have insisted on a second V6 although that didn't seem to be on offer.

Seems inevitable though that all V6s will get 'upgraded' into 360's at some point.
Old 05-03-2021, 08:24   #14
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch33 View Post
Maybe I should have insisted on a second V6 although that didn't seem to be on offer.

Seems inevitable though that all V6s will get 'upgraded' into 360's at some point.
I suspect they will be, but this may well be years away yet.
Old 05-03-2021, 08:31   #15
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I suspect they will be, but this may well be years away yet.
Probably, seeing I and many others still have an old Tivo box, never mind a V6. Very fond of it too, works very well in combination with a V6 and has other extra output benefits.

An 'upgrade' doesn't always mean better. People get too dazzled by that word. There's usually pros and cons. With the 360 there seems to be more cons.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote