Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Keyboard Problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Password for Outloook .pst files?

Old 08-06-2019, 13:52   #1
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Password for Outloook .pst files?

Due to an abortive 1903 Windows 10 update I had to re install a system image from 5 days ago.

Everything appeared to go fine but I have just found out that my contacts list in Outlook has disappeared.

I have a recent copy of the Contacts .pst file but every time I try to import it I get a dialogue box asking for a password, I am 100% certain I never password protected this file and can't find any way apart from 3rd party apps to recover/change/remove it.

Any suggestions?

Jim.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2019, 15:12   #2
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Password for Outloook .pst files?

If your email provider is gmail or something like outlook you maybe able to recover your address book from online, this is what i did when i lost mine for gmail.

Another than that try the password or pst repair tool.
Old 08-06-2019, 17:21   #3
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Managed to sort it, had to use a password recover app, really annoying that I never password protected the file in the first place and the password I recovered is nothing I would have ever used.

Still, all sorted and a long overdue clean up of the contacts folder done at the same time.
Old 13-06-2019, 20:12   #4
energyp
Inactive

Services: Sky
energyp is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd be interested to know the name of the app please
energyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2019, 22:14   #5
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Believe it or not it's called Outlook Password Recovery, from Intelore.