Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 07-09-2013, 12:05   #3631
The Yank
Inactive

Services: VIP(300BB) 2xV6 Boxes
The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Brilliant news British Eurosport has picked up the rights for NFL Monday night games.

http://www.nfluk.com/opinions/articl...ht-football-uk
As Virgin carry both Eurosport + Eurosport2 but NOT British Eurosport does anyone know if plain old Eurosport will carry it?

---------- Post added at 12:05 ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yank View Post
As Virgin carry both Eurosport + Eurosport2 but NOT British Eurosport does anyone know if plain old Eurosport will carry it?
looking at their schedule it looks like it could well be on Eurosport2 HD

fingers crossed it isn't something else
The Yank is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2013, 13:49   #3632
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yank View Post
Surely they`re both the same?
---------- Post added at 12:05 ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 ----------

looking at their schedule it looks like it could well be on Eurosport2 HD

fingers crossed it isn't something else
telegramsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 14:42   #3633
The Yank
Inactive

The Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really niceThe Yank is just really nice

are they both the same these days? I know when British Eurosport was launched there was an overlap but not on everything. I haven't watched it in years admittedly.
Old 07-09-2013, 16:28   #3634
dwarfofpoison
cf.addict

dwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of lightdwarfofpoison is a glorious beacon of light

I'm not an expert but as far as I can see (the logo on the channels give it away) Eurosport on Virgin Media is British Eurosport.
dwarfofpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 16:47   #3635
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarfofpoison View Post
I'm not an expert but as far as I can see (the logo on the channels give it away) Eurosport on Virgin Media is British Eurosport.
Yep your correct

On VM
British Eurosport 1 521 & HD 522
British Eurosport 2 525 & HD 526
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 18:22   #3636
The Yank
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarfofpoison View Post
good - not noticed it - thanks

not all of us old farts spot things like that
Old 07-09-2013, 19:04   #3637
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Not really any good for me with overnight starts unless they do a highlights show?
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 19:16   #3638
The Yank
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug P View Post
Not really any good for me with overnight starts unless they do a highlights show?
“We will show all our Monday Night Football Live and in HD and support that with extended highlights played out in UK prime time the following night.

it also said at the bottom of their website that it is available on Virgin Media (duh!)
Old 08-09-2013, 08:40   #3639
Doug P
Inactive

Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age

Thanks Yank!
Old 08-09-2013, 16:34   #3640
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Hi Yank, we are all set for the next two years as far as TV is concerned on Sky, Channel 4 and British Eurosport, good news for NFL fans.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 19:10   #3641
The Yank
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Hi Yank, we are all set for the next two years as far as TV is concerned on Sky, Channel 4 and British Eurosport, good news for NFL fans.
Hey Bear,

Just hope they use the American commentators and not the awful in studio announcing they are renound for. Guess we will find out soon
Old 08-09-2013, 19:46   #3642
cityfan247
cf.addict

Services: Full House 2 V6 Boxes 1 1TB Tivo Freesat Freeview HD Roku Apple TV 3 Firesticks
cityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to behold

i think it has already been confirmed the commentary will be the original ESPN feed. so that good news.

i am not sure what if any studio analysis will be provided- possibly the ESPN feed again- that would be fine with me.

as Bear says HD games on C4 and Eurosport to compliment the Sunday Sky games and set for the next 2 seasons- excellent.

All i need now is for the Giants to win
cityfan247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 20:24   #3643
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Well i have to admit that the coverage of Rugby on BT sport is good

I seem to be well covered for watching the egg chasing

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:41   #3644
Doug P
Inactive

I find some of the BT summarisers rather annoying on the club rugby. Moan moan moan! Pics very good though....
Old 09-09-2013, 11:46   #3645
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Whilst BT Sports is a great addition for XL subscribers its pretty average sports content wise , I certainly wouldn't pay for it as a standalone.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote