Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Upgrade ???

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Upgrade ???

Old 25-04-2019, 11:53   #31
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all
Re: Upgrade ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I'm on the normal Vivid 200.
Interesting so they've also boosted the 200meg package from 12meg up to 20meg up, i wonder if they've done the same for 100 so it's 10 rather than 6?
Synthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-04-2019, 11:56   #32
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
Interesting so they've also boosted the 200meg package from 12meg up to 20meg up, i wonder if they've done the same for 100 so it's 10 rather than 6?
I think you have misread something.....

I haven't had any boost at all.
Old 25-04-2019, 12:13   #33
telfordcable
cf.mega poster

Services: 5G Three 599/21
telfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecarttelfordcable has upset the applecart

I think Virgin did say it will boost upload speed on VIVID 350 only
telfordcable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2019, 12:17   #34
Synthetic
cf.geek

Synthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to allSynthetic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I think you have misread something.....

I haven't had any boost at all.
Oh dear i was looking at the upload on my own screenshot
Old 29-04-2019, 11:24   #35
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: UpStream Upgrade ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCroc1 View Post
hello im just wondering if this seems normal i pay for the 350 down i get 387.90 mbps down and and 25 mbps up to day my upload has hit 38.92 mbps has anyone else got this ??
I've always had 386Mb or more downstream, but never over 22Mb up. For that to happen your config would have to change. There is built-in leeway to account for natural loss, but that is allowed by your config.

EDIT. I have the upgrade too.

This is confirmed by my config. Primary Upstream Service Flow
SFID 1553
Max Traffic Rate 38500063
Max Traffic Burst 42600
Min Traffic Rate 0
Max Concatenated Burst 42600
Scheduling Type BestEffort

Last edited by roughbeast; 29-04-2019 at 11:32.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2019, 18:00   #36
KillerCroc1
cf.member

Services: Amazon Prime Video Netflix Discovery+ apple Tv and xbox
KillerCroc1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anybody having speed issues on the 350mbps broadband I'm getting between 100-200 I always get 350-380 down
KillerCroc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2019, 18:13   #37
Synthetic
cf.geek

What area? Looking good here (other than speedtest.net caching)

Old 30-04-2019, 18:17   #38
KillerCroc1
cf.member

Services: Amazon Prime Video Netflix Discovery+ apple Tv and xbox
KillerCroc1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Glasgow area I have checked the service status no issues on broadband just TV and I have rebooted router a number of times
KillerCroc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 13:37   #39
2pence
cf.member

Services: Gig1 Fibre Broadband
2pence is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 07-05-2019, 23:53   #40
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCroc1 View Post
Glasgow area I have checked the service status no issues on broadband just TV and I have rebooted router a number of times
have you run a speed test this evening? If there was a congestion issue this evening it should have cleared by now.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote