Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Climate Change - record World temp. rises in Feb.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Climate Change - record World temp. rises in Feb.

Old 24-09-2019, 07:39   #466
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Climate Change - record World temp. rises in Feb.

Individals are irrelevant ( but good on Greta I say). Those that have their heads in the sand will use anything to divert from the issue and the facts we all ignore. Still we'll worry about pot holes more, or our next package holiday. We're one of the most selfish generations ever I'm afraid. Previous generations may also have a part, but they didn't know the consequences, we do but we carry on regardless.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-09-2019, 07:50   #467
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Individals are irrelevant ( but good on Greta I say). Those that have their heads in the sand will use anything to divert from the issue and the facts we all ignore. Still we'll worry about pot holes more, or our next package holiday. We're one of the most selfish generations ever I'm afraid. Previous generations may also have a part, but they didn't know the consequences, we do but we carry on regardless.
Good for raising awareness, but one person won't change it. It's the very structure of society that needs to change. Worldwide.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2019, 08:05   #468
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I think if someone is entering the world of politics then challenging their politics is fair game but there is something very disturbing about the fully grown men attacking the appearance and the autism of a 16 year old girl.
It does say a lot about the character & personality of the people who attack such a person. These sad but dangerous people do not attempt to disprove what this girl is saying, rather they resort to character assassination.

The only positive thing is that the more they attack her, the more people will realise how small minded and backward looking they are. The planet needs action now, on a global scale and this girl is trying to communicate this message.

I do think that we have reached a point where Climate Change deniers are now is the same category as Flat Earthers. The main difference, however, is that they are a danger to our collective future.
Old 24-09-2019, 08:27   #469
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Agreed. A bit like being in charge of a cigarette company in the 1970s when you knew the damsge they caused but still carried on marketing them.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:58   #470
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

'start eating babies' to solve climate crisis

“We’re not going to be here for much longer because of the climate crisis.

“We only have a few months left. I like that you support the green deal but getting rid of fossil fuels is not going to solve the problem fast enough.

“Our Swedish professors are saying that we can eat dead people but that’s not fast enough.

“So I think your next campaign slogan has to be this: we’ve got to start eating babies.
“We don’t have enough time. There’s too much CO2. All of you, you are a pollutant.

“Too much CO2. We have to start now, please. You are so great, I’m so happy that you really support the new green deal but it’s not enough you know.

“Even if we were to bomb Russia we still have too many people, too much pollution.

“So we have to get rid of the babies, that’s a big problem.

“We need to eat babies. This is very serious, please give a response.”

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...hunberg-latest
Old 04-10-2019, 15:25   #471
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I know you have a disclaimer at the bottom of your posts, but I have to say, I think we all know it's like one of Boris's statements - you may think it's true, but no one else believes it...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 16:47   #472
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post

“We only have a few months left. I like that you support the green deal but getting rid of fossil fuels is not going to solve the problem fast enough.

“Our Swedish professors are saying that we can eat dead people but that’s not fast enough.

“So I think your next campaign slogan has to be this: we’ve got to start eating babies.
“We don’t have enough time. There’s too much CO2. All of you, you are a pollutant.

“Too much CO2. We have to start now, please. You are so great, I’m so happy that you really support the new green deal but it’s not enough you know.

“Even if we were to bomb Russia we still have too many people, too much pollution.

I know you favour articles from the gutter press but this takes the biscuit. I am not too sure of what your aim is here?
Old 04-10-2019, 17:11   #473
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
I know you favour articles from the gutter press but this takes the biscuit. I am not too sure of what your aim is here?
Evening Standard article on original speech, complete with video.
Quote:
A Swedish scientist has suggested eating human flesh to tackle climate change at a Stockholm summit, according to reports.
In the 1973 dystopian film Soylent Green, the world is so overpopulated that dead bodies are sold as food.
But Swedish researcher Magnus Söderlund believes this could be a genuine solution to climate change and asserts we must "awaken the idea" of eating human flesh in the future.
At a summit for food of the future called Gastro Summit, Professor Söderlund held a talk called “Can you Imagine Eating Human Flesh?” where he argued "conservative" taboos against cannibalism should be broken down - the Epoch Times reports.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 19:33   #474
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post

Apparently, it’s a Trump supporter who advocated eating babies...

https://gizmodo.com/viral-video-abou...-st-1838767680
Quote:
Viral Video About Eating Babies at AOC Town Hall Was Staged by Pro-Trump Group

LaRouche PAC, a far-right group that supports Donald Trump, has taken credit for trolling Democratic Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez during a town hall meeting yesterday. An operative with LaRouche made headlines overnight after standing up at AOC’s town hall in Queens yesterday and saying that humanity should eat babies, among other ridiculous things, to address the climate crisis.

Viral video from the incident shows a woman posing as a supporter of AOC and wearing a shirt that reads, “Save the Planet, Eat the Children.” Many people clearly thought she was mentally disturbed, but LaRouche PAC, a fringe organization that believes climate change is a hoax, was behind the stunt, according to the group’s Twitter account.
Old 04-10-2019, 20:06   #475
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
It's called sarcasm.

I presume you weren't taking it literally, as in Project Fear (see other thread).
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 20:16   #476
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Apparently, it’s a Trump supporter who advocated eating babies...

https://gizmodo.com/viral-video-abou...-st-1838767680
Where does it say that the Swedish Professor Magnus Söderlund is a Trump supporter?
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 22:23   #477
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Where does it say that the Swedish Professor Magnus Söderlund is a Trump supporter?
Nowhere, because I was referring to the LaRoche supporter who spoke out at AOC’s event.

Hope this helps...
Old 05-10-2019, 07:56   #478
ianch99
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It's called sarcasm.

I presume you weren't taking it literally, as in Project Fear (see other thread).
sarcasm: the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

Maybe you are right?
Old 06-10-2019, 13:46   #479
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Looks like we can relax. There is no climate emergency.

https://www.breitbart.com/environmen...r-in-30-years/
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 14:09   #480
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Looks like we can relax. There is no climate emergency.

https://www.breitbart.com/environmen...r-in-30-years/
Oh dear OB you must stop believing that twaddle.