Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Show Renewals & Cancellations

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Boy what a TV!

Old 08-04-2024, 18:28   #1
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal

I havent ever had one this small,mine is about 15" .. I dont like really BIG screens..... (Thats for movie theaters)
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2024, 18:30   #2
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Boy what a TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
[

I havent ever had one this small,
That's just what she said
Old 08-04-2024, 19:29   #3
admars
cf.mega poster

admars has reached the bronze age
admars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze ageadmars has reached the bronze age

I can't find an image, and I doubt my dad still has it, but he might do, but I remember as a kid, if we went on holiday to somewhere like Pontins, a portable tv like that would come with us. I don't remember make or model, just that like in that image, the screen was tiny, and it had dials to tune in, but the box was massive I guess at the time it was amazing, and must have cost an arm and a leg, unless it fell off the back of a lorry?
admars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2024, 21:11   #4
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by admars View Post

I can't find an image, and I doubt my dad still has it, but he might do, but I remember as a kid, if we went on holiday to somewhere like Pontins, a portable tv like that would come with us. I don't remember make or model, just that like in that image, the screen was tiny, and it had dials to tune in, but the box was massive I guess at the time it was amazing, and must have cost an arm and a leg, unless it fell off the back of a lorry?
I remember my Aunt and Uncle had a Sony TV a similar sort of size in their caravan, must have been 40/45 years ago and it was about 3 times as deep as it was wide. I bet if I rummage in her garage I'd find it carefully packed away. If I ever do I'll take a photo and bump the thread.
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2024, 01:35   #5
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Ya it would be nice seeing....

Im curious has anyone scanned the analogue channels where you guys are to see if there are any analogues left??

There are a few low power analogues here but not many.....
Old 09-04-2024, 02:54   #6
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Ya it would be nice seeing....

Im curious has anyone scanned the analogue channels where you guys are to see if there are any analogues left??

There are a few low power analogues here but not many.....
The last analogue channels were switched off in the UK in 2013 when the final four channels in Northern Ireland ceased.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2024, 04:12   #7
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Thats interesting there are no LOW POWER analogue channels left......

Have you scanned just for shits and giggles?? (Might find a test patttern or something )
Old 09-04-2024, 17:13   #8
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Nope, analogue is totally gone here.

I had a little handheld Casio TV back in the early 90s. Got through AA batteries like nobodies business.

15" dude that is tiny. Even by 90s standards at least a 21" inch would be better. That was the size of my last CRT I got rid of in 2004.
Old Today, 05:46   #9
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Ah I went and saw an abandoned motel today!!

It was 1 floor and had maybe 10 rooms.... All the doors were open and the glass smashed out in most rooms/ceiling falling in in some spots... (floors caving in others)

What I found inside was a dream!!!

Many CRT sets...... And in room 1 there was a beautiful console set,looked in excellent shape...I wonder if any of it stlll works??

Thats rooms roof is in tact,it hasnt rained inside the room or anything.......

I would love to test some of those sets!!

I also found a phone book from the 90s and some toys.........

A bike was outside standing on its kick stand!!! -- How the hell after all these years is it still standing??

I also found a VCR that was torn to shreads (Opened) and I was curious if there were any VHS tapes in there??

There was a basement and I found the stairs but they didnt look stable or I would have gone down.......

Quite an interesting day!!