Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV Horizon 4 V6

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin TV Horizon 4 V6

Old 22-08-2020, 07:05   #121
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin TV Horizon 4 V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
The future is already here — it's just not very evenly distributed

(William Gibson, 1992)
I love that quote. I must re-read some of his books.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-08-2020, 13:38   #122
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
Netflix take plenty of content off every month.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/lea...n-august-2020/
Stuff that's been on there a good while, yes. But they don't give you just a couple of months to watch it and then take it off again. I have never been caught out once on the other streamers I use.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2020, 13:42   #123
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Stuff that's been on there a good while, yes. But they don't give you just a couple of months to watch it and then take it off again. I have never been caught out once on the other streamers I use.
But by your own admission you watch Netflix Originals no wonder they are on a long time and don't expire that said its the exact same with Sky Originals.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2020, 21:16   #124
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Subjective nonsense. Sky routinely advertise Game of Thrones availability.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2020, 17:00   #125
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Subjective nonsense. Sky routinely advertise Game of Thrones availability.
I know black is white in your world, jfman, but I can assure you that programmes are taken off regularly on Now TV. I think they tend to do this when they are repeating the shows on the Sky Atlantic channel.

I can see why they do that, but it is extremely irritating for viewers, who then have to prioritise watching stuff to the end of the series quicker than they might like, just to ensure they don't miss any episodes. Now TV really is the worst of the streamers for doing this. Considering how much they charge for Now TV (practically double the Netflix and Amazon subscriptions just for the entertainment pack), I find this practice objectionable.
Old 23-08-2020, 17:37   #126
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Now TV and Sky TV Originals have long availability the same as Netflix Originals the third party on Sky has shorter dates just the same as third party content on Netflix and Amazon.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 02:23   #127
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

im fairly sure the tivo v6 doesnt support wireless headphone support? my tv is about 10 years old and i've never been able to get headphone support either. will the horizon provide it?

its 2020 and i saw frasiers dad have the ability to watch tv on headphones back in 1995...any suggestions? fed up of being told to turn the tv down and my samsung tv from 2009 only has hdmi ports which are filled up by my ps4 and tivo box!

Last edited by vincerooney; 24-08-2020 at 02:24. Reason: .
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 09:46   #128
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
im fairly sure the tivo v6 doesnt support wireless headphone support? my tv is about 10 years old and i've never been able to get headphone support either. will the horizon provide it?

its 2020 and i saw frasiers dad have the ability to watch tv on headphones back in 1995...any suggestions?!
There's an audio output socket on the back of the V6.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 10:13   #129
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
There's an audio output socket on the back of the V6.
Yup. I've got wireless set of headphones with the base station connected via optical to the V6.

It means that if any individual in the room can't hear they simply lift the headphones off the base station and adjust the volume on the headphone.

It also means they can come down in the middle of the night, when they can't sleep, mute the TV and sit there listening to the audio from the V6.

To be clear Vince, I'm not talking about Bluetooth wireless headphones you'd use with a mobile phone or the like. I mean a pair that needs a base station, one that has various connections, you need one with optical.

A possible alternative is a soundbar, there may be models that output Bluetooth wireless, there are certainly many that have it an an input connection. I'm not that knowledgeable about soundbars, I don't have one, so someone else will have to help.

To clarify, the headphones are connected to the V6, not the TV. My TV does have optical, but I don't use it.

Last edited by cheekyangus; 24-08-2020 at 10:17.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 12:12   #130
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
To be clear Vince, I'm not talking about Bluetooth wireless headphones you'd use with a mobile phone or the like. I mean a pair that needs a base station, one that has various connections, you need one with optical.
You don't need optical. There's a jack socket too
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 12:52   #131
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
You don't need optical. There's a jack socket too
So there is. Ooops.

Pesky tiny thing...
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 16:51   #132
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Pity there is no option for Bluetooth headphones
Old 24-08-2020, 18:21   #133
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Now TV and Sky TV Originals have long availability the same as Netflix Originals the third party on Sky has shorter dates just the same as third party content on Netflix and Amazon.
Observably true except to those who close their eyes.
jfman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 19:57   #134
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Coming soon to Virgin TV, it seems.

https://advanced-television.com/2020...ils-green-stb/
Old 24-08-2020, 20:10   #135
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Coming soon to Virgin TV, it seems.

https://advanced-television.com/2020...ils-green-stb/
Not for you then as you are a streaming man...