Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Pronouns

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Pronouns

Old 06-09-2022, 20:15   #211
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Pronouns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Schools should stick to teaching kids what they really need to learn instead of all these pronouns shite.
Teaching kids to be kind to other humans doesn’t sound like shite to me.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2022, 20:18   #212
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc View Post
Well I'd largely be inclined to agree - unless there's actually some serious case of gender dysphoria which has been verified by a doctor, as opposed to that they just want to do it.

One thing which I've never understood is how they seem to be wanting to push up the age of puberty blockers. Ok, so yeah a little kid isn't necessarily (but not always) going to be able to make the decision they want to transition to the other gender, but, surely the whole point of giving someone drugs to stop them going through puberty is to get the body before it changes so there's less to reverse, which has to work better when the process hasn't automatically started, so any limit over like 13 years is presumably not going to be effective anyway. Maybe that's the point, they're too young to make that decision, so no point having them available?

---------- Post added at 20:18 ---------- Previous post was at 20:17 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Old 06-09-2022, 20:37   #213
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Jailing him doesnt seem too kind.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 22:12   #214
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Confusing kids with this pronoun tripe is total shite.

English, Maths and creative stuff is what schools should be teaching.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 06:57   #215
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Jailing him doesnt seem too kind.
Not all that sure anyone has suggested that it is.

Although for the second time, he was jailed for breaching a court order, nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth
Confusing kids with this pronoun tripe is total shite.
Really? My son is 8 and he gets it.

Seems like kids are lot less ignorant and intolerant than adults tend to be.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 07-09-2022, 07:11   #216
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Really? My son is 8 and he gets it.

Seems like kids are lot less ignorant and intolerant than adults tend to be.
Or it could be down to just intelligence and common sense, who has the most, an 8 year old or an adult?
Old 07-09-2022, 07:22   #217
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Given the deliberate pettiness shown by many in this thread I’d say it’s more often the kids.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 07-09-2022, 07:53   #218
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Given the deliberate pettiness shown by many in this thread I’d say it’s more often the kids.
Kids at that age will go with whatever they are taught and will conform. That does not make it right. I do find it sad that children that age are taught this kind of thing.

Why does it always come to that if those that don't agree to something that is or feels wrong etc means we're intolerant and ignorant. Not agreeing with it shouldn't mean we're being unkind either. Agreeing to disagree is fine too.
Old 07-09-2022, 08:10   #219
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Kids at that age will go with whatever they are taught and will conform.
EXACTLY - thank you. If they're taught tolerance, understanding and respect they usually bring that into adulthood

Quote:
That does not make it right.
Teaching them that understanding is not right?

Quote:
I do find it sad that children that age are taught this kind of thing

You get upset that kids are taught not to be discriminating and nasty? I'm certainly not.

Quote:
Why does it always come to that if those that don't agree to something that is or feels wrong etc means we're intolerant and ignorant.
I didn't particularly single you out but ok - I don't agree that there are more than 2 genders for example. But do I go around saying those that do are 'silly' or mock them? No, I keep it to myself. A lot of people need to understand that just because they have an opinion does not automatically mean the world has to know about it.

My mate wants to be referred to as 'them/they'. Do I agree there is an extra gender that requires such a pronoun? No, I don't. But it costs me nothing to comply with their simple request. The world does not revolve around my opinion of someone's gender.

Quote:
Not agreeing with it shouldn't mean we're being unkind either. .
Again, I didn't say you were being unkind.

Being unkind is when you're aware someone wants to be referred to by a certain pronoun, makes a simple and respectful request to be referred to that way but you use their birth pronoun anyway just because you disagree with the whole thing.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 07-09-2022, 08:29   #220
peanut
NUTS !!

If someone said they want to be referred to as they/them then it would not be an issue for me. I would say good luck with that, but that's not for me. If they have a problem with that then it's their problem and not mine. It would not change a single thing to how I would treat that person as I would anyone else.
Old 07-09-2022, 08:32   #221
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

So would you go along with their request?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 07-09-2022, 08:45   #222
peanut
NUTS !!

Quote:
So would you go along with their request?
I've already said it's not for me.
Old 07-09-2022, 08:51   #223
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Given how it wouldn’t impact your life one bit and would cost you nothing that’s pretty unfortunate.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 07-09-2022, 08:54   #224
peanut
NUTS !!

Quote:
Given how it wouldn’t impact your life one bit and would cost you nothing that’s pretty unfortunate.
That is totally fine with me. It would cost nothing to 'those' to accept my point of view either.
Old 07-09-2022, 09:00   #225
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

But putting this stuff into the heads of kids is plain wrong.

Russ's 8 year old may "get it" but it's a burden that is totally unnecessary at this stage in life.

The discourse between Peanut and Russ tells me that this is adult stuff. Really - is a kid going to choose a pronoun? They?

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote