Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Eurosport UHD no sound

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Eurosport UHD no sound

Old 25-07-2021, 23:34   #1
horno46
cf.member

horno46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Eurosport UHD no sound

Anyone else have picture but no sound on Eurosport UHD?
horno46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-07-2021, 09:22   #2
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold
Re: Eurosport UHD no sound

I am not a sports fan but I did watch a little of the OG coverage on Eurosport 4K. I only had ambient sound and no comentary - if there was a comentary. The picture quality however was excellent. If only Sky Movies had similar PQ.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2021, 09:36   #3
horno46
cf.member

horno46 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
I am not a sports fan but I did watch a little of the OG coverage on Eurosport 4K. I only had ambient sound and no comentary - if there was a comentary. The picture quality however was excellent. If only Sky Movies had similar PQ.
I've just realised to my shame that I meant commentary not sound ,😭
horno46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2021, 09:45   #4
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Welcome to Discovery being a sports provider.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2021, 10:43   #5
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

My V6 glitched and recorded both the Eurosport 1 and later starting UHD coverage of the Men's Cycling Road Race. I actually ended up watching BBC coverage live on BBC1 and Red Button HD but I looked at the UHD later, and my impression is that Discovery did nothing other than overlay a logo. Not only was there no commentary but there were no advert breaks and the video kept going for a long time after with landscape footage, etc, like there was nobody in the Eurosport control room.

Basically I think they were using the raw footage from the Olympics Broadcasting organisation, hence no commentary, and the long pariod of watching ALL the finishers with no intercuts to studio or ads, and the long pans around the local area scenery for what felt like half an hour after the race. (I viewed it in FFW if you were wondering if I watched all this padding.)
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2021, 11:03   #6
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
My V6 glitched and recorded both the Eurosport 1 and later starting UHD coverage of the Men's Cycling Road Race. I actually ended up watching BBC coverage live on BBC1 and Red Button HD but I looked at the UHD later, and my impression is that Discovery did nothing other than overlay a logo. Not only was there no commentary but there were no advert breaks and the video kept going for a long time after with landscape footage, etc, like there was nobody in the Eurosport control room.

Basically I think they were using the raw footage from the Olympics Broadcasting organisation, hence no commentary, and the long pariod of watching ALL the finishers with no intercuts to studio or ads, and the long pans around the local area scenery for what felt like half an hour after the race. (I viewed it in FFW if you were wondering if I watched all this padding.)
You got it!
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2021, 14:48   #7
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

They've put a banner up saying it's a fault and they're trying to fix the commentary
Old 26-07-2021, 15:16   #8
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
They've put a banner up saying it's a fault and they're trying to fix the commentary
In some ways they'd be better leaving it. I remember when VM had French Open Eurosport UHD and the commentary person was different than on Eurosport 1, and was highly irritating.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2021, 16:26   #9
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Welcome to Discovery being a sports provider.
Wish it happen more often . Endless chatting about nothing is really mind numbing