Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Rate the last movie you saw

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Film & Cinema

Rate the last movie you saw

Old 24-09-2012, 12:08   #3931
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Watched Avengers Assemble.

Enjoyable enough, but Iron Man and the Hulk elevated it to above average status.
Old 24-09-2012, 20:23   #3932
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

The Social Network - 7/10

Good, but it just seemed to end abruptly...
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2012, 17:31   #3933
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

IPMAN 2..good film 7/10
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 17:36   #3934
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Looper

9/10. Excellent.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 23:21   #3935
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

The Cabin In The Woods

8/10

Loved it. A great take on the horror genre, with a great cast.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 20:58   #3936
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Went to see Paranorman with Natalie today - which was quite good
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 06:17   #3937
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Looper

9/10. Excellent.
Enjoyed it, iffy ending but it makes sense.

Amazing Spiderman 8/10

Enjoyed it but hope they progress the character further than some teenager in a suit, understand the idea of it being early days but I'd hate so it become a teen flick. Storywise it has the potential to be a great series and felt more like the comics to me than the original three.
Old 20-10-2012, 23:40   #3938
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Storage 24.

Total pants 0/10
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 17:29   #3939
alferret
cf.mega poster

alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Cockneys vs zombies
Funniest Brit flick I have seen in years with an all "star!" cast to boot.
11/10

http://m.sfx.co.uk/2012/10/19/cockne...bies-review-2/
Old 27-10-2012, 17:35   #3940
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Temple Grandin 8/10 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1278469/

Not my normal sorta movie but thought i'd give it a try seeing as the fantastic Claire Danes is in it, she didn't disappoint. Excellent movie.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 20:04   #3941
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Cockneys vs zombies
Funniest Brit flick I have seen in years with an all "star!" cast to boot.
11/10
I'd give it 4/10. An all "star" cast that consist of Alan Ford & Michelle Ryan (both can't act to save their lives). The special effects are as useless the script, dialogue and acting (some of the worse acting going).

There's one or 2 funny bits in it which has pushed my score up a bit. How I managed to sit through it all is beyond me.

Shaun of the dead is in a different league and beyond compared.
Old 27-10-2012, 20:46   #3942
alferret
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
I'd give it 4/10. An all "star" cast that consist of Alan Ford & Michelle Ryan (both can't act to save their lives). The special effects are as useless the script, dialogue and acting (some of the worse acting going).

There's one or 2 funny bits in it which has pushed my score up a bit. How I managed to sit through it all is beyond me.

Shaun of the dead is in a different league and beyond compared.
I enjoyed it & I thought it was funnier than Shaun, must mean I have a vastly different sense of humour than yours
I put star quotes just for that reason & you forgot to mention Honour Blackman & Richard Briers, stars in our lifetime even if they are a little long in the tooth.
I don't think it was meant to be taken with any seriousness & from the onset was done as a fun film.
As for the special effects, a British film done on a budget & most definitely not a multi million $ Hollywood spectacular so IMO credit where credit is due, a fun film worth a watch.
Old 27-10-2012, 21:20   #3943
CycoSymz
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview HD
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal
CycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appealCycoSymz has a bronzed appeal

ParaNorman - 7/10 Thought it was very good.

Madagascar 3 - 9/10 Thought this was way sillier than the first two but was really good. Score may be higher than deserved as I was dazzled by the 3D. This was my first 3D cinema experience since JAWS 3D and SpaceHunter-Adventures in the forbidden zone. back in the 80's.

I've got 2 GCSE's. 1 in Biology and 1 in Metalwork...If you want your cat welding then I'm your man.
CycoSymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2012, 01:27   #3944
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star

A Fantastic fear of everything - 1/10

I turned it off after 20 minutes, it just wasn't my cup of tea.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2012, 18:57   #3945
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Looper 4/10 not much else I can say but not worth paying full price to say the least luckily I got it at a discount or would have scored it less.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote