Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | WiFi going off n on all the time on Hub3

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

WiFi going off n on all the time on Hub3

Old 18-10-2018, 12:56   #1
copernob
cf.addict

copernob is an unknown quantity at this point
WiFi going off n on all the time on Hub3

Please, I really need help here. Fed Up n Pulling my hair out. Talked to India for an hour today. Nice gent, very helpfull, But still not resolved my problem.
I on a Shrub3---Internet is Great---My Wi-Fi has gone rubbish for last two months. Today is even worse. Keeps dropping out everywhere. I got a TP-Link power line upstairs n Downstairs that has always worked flawlessly, now it keeps dropping out. My 3 printers keep dropping out in same room as Router. Bought a NEW Netgear N300 WiFi Range Extender yesterday. Could not get the client Link LED to connect n light up. two minutes ago it lit up then went off. Now lit up again. I now afraid to move it downstairs in case it goes off again.

The man in India refused to send technician out to me or to change the Hub3.
I can't afford another Router at moment, and anyway, I pay virginMedia enough cash to have a router where WiFi works properly. Had no problems in this house for 16 years until two months ago. Any Solutions Please before my 71 year old head explodes. THANKS n Sorry to keep bothering you.
copernob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-10-2018, 16:07   #2
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: WiFi going off n on all the time on Hub3

I started to get this issue a long while ago now - and found my neighbours wifi was on the same channel and about twice as strong as my own signal for the devices dropping out.

May be worth trying a different channel.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 23:02   #3
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

There may be a problem in your circuit. Does the Hub 3 light turn green or flash when this happens?

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2018, 01:54   #4
copernob
cf.addict

Hub3 stays Green when On..Have now changed position of Hub 3, is now on Windowsill in Back Bedroom(my PC Room) I got my New Netgear N300 WiFi Extender to go All Green for 15 minutes. lol - Once that happened I took it downstairs n plugged it in, set it for WiFi n quickly came upstairs n pushed the WiFi button on the Shrub3. Took a while but only the three Power LED/WPS LEd/ Router Link LED lit up green. After a while the Client Link LED lit up. Went off came on n did that for a while as WiFi was dropping out. Went out, came home at 10pm and a purple arrow was on pointing to the Router Link LED that was Red. (Baffled me that) soon after Router Link LED turned RED. But I was connected to my WiFi.Anyway, it still comes on n Off when it wants to....Rather strange as I never had this happen before.....My M8 has a great setup n he on BT n my phone connected with no probs. Funny in it, I can build PCs but This does my head in. LOL..

---------- Post added at 00:54 ---------- Previous post was at 00:50 ----------

PS--Do you think it could be my 8 Gigabit Switch. Sometimes all lights blink fast n sometimes blinks slow. I got two CAT 5e and 4 Cat6 cables in there. CAT 6 from Router to Switch.
Old 19-10-2018, 08:46   #5
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

The Hub 3 base light should be white when things are normal. Green means there is a circuit interruption.

Is it a case that WiFi (in the same room as the Hub 3) fails but wired devices work?

Old 19-10-2018, 13:28   #6
copernob
cf.addict

It is a kind of greeny White..If that makes sense. lol
ANYWAY---SOLVED! I hope.....I been hunting around the internet for a month or more trying to find a solution to this problem...Well, at around 2:30am this morning I found the solution..Phew!! Was my Moto G4 mobile phone. I decided at first to get my old Samsung out the draw, charged it up n pressed WiFi..It detected all my WiFi's on the Router & Netgear & TP-Link. So after a lot of reading I found a person who got it to work in his G4. Did a few things and loo n behold, it all worked...I put my Netgear downstairs and all lights came on, but today the 'Client Link LED' is off & the Router Link is RED not green. But I can still recieve WiFi at a low speed...I also did one or two changes in the Router Hub3 and also changed CH1 to Ch11. It is Hard going when one does not know much about these things...THANK YOU ALL for the Help.

---------- Post added at 12:28 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------

My Moto G4--Sam3 mobile--Netgear WiFi Extender--My two PCs--Network Server--DLink NAS---Sam Tablet---all now detected in my Router...Except my TP Link Power lines... I can now breath a Sigh of Relief..LOl
Old 19-10-2018, 13:47   #7
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernob View Post
It is a kind of greeny White..If that makes sense. lol
ANYWAY---SOLVED! I hope.....I been hunting around the internet for a month or more trying to find a solution to this problem...Well, at around 2:30am this morning I found the solution..Phew!! Was my Moto G4 mobile phone. I decided at first to get my old Samsung out the draw, charged it up n pressed WiFi..It detected all my WiFi's on the Router & Netgear & TP-Link. So after a lot of reading I found a person who got it to work in his G4. Did a few things and loo n behold, it all worked...I put my Netgear downstairs and all lights came on, but today the 'Client Link LED' is off & the Router Link is RED not green. But I can still recieve WiFi at a low speed...I also did one or two changes in the Router Hub3 and also changed CH1 to Ch11. It is Hard going when one does not know much about these things...THANK YOU ALL for the Help.

---------- Post added at 12:28 ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 ----------

My Moto G4--Sam3 mobile--Netgear WiFi Extender--My two PCs--Network Server--DLink NAS---Sam Tablet---all now detected in my Router...Except my TP Link Power lines... I can now breath a Sigh of Relief..LOl

If its not white you still have issues.
Old 20-10-2018, 19:21   #8
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Download the App "WiFI analyzer" this will tell you what channels people are using in your area.

I check my regularly to see what going on nearby.

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:11 ----------

Is this true (I doubt it is)

A Curry's bod told me that VM control the speed of your WiFi even if it is connected to a router?
Old 20-10-2018, 20:07   #9
Sephiroth
Simples

VM cannot control the speed of your Internet WiFi below the speed of your circuit.

Old 22-10-2018, 02:46   #10
copernob
cf.addict

It has NEVER been WHITE..It has always been a kind of greeny white from first day of having it. I guess someone needs to tell Virgin they be Colour Blind and got wrong colour there....I have always used the APP WiFi analyser & WiFi Analytics..
Old 22-10-2018, 10:28   #11
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernob View Post
It has NEVER been WHITE..It has always been a kind of greeny white from first day of having it. I guess someone needs to tell Virgin they be Colour Blind and got wrong colour there....I have always used the APP WiFi analyser & WiFi Analytics..
In normal operation the Hub3s base light is WHITE in router mode, and if everything is running correctly it should look like this.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2858__500x550_virgin_media_superhub_3_router.jpg (65.6 KB, 98 views)
Old 22-10-2018, 17:47   #12
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Could you take a photo of your hubs LEDs please so we can compare?
Old 23-10-2018, 17:20   #13
copernob
cf.addict

Big Prob with image is I can't send via my Desktop.This site don't allow.So how do I send you an image..
Old 23-10-2018, 20:23   #14
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Normally I would use a smart phone camera and then put it on the pc.
Old 24-10-2018, 03:29   #15
copernob
cf.addict

But how do I post it then cause I did that..Sorry if I sound thick, but photography and uploading pics is my hobby but could not ever upload one here..I put it in my Flickr n still no go...

---------- Post added at 02:29 ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 ----------

https://www.flickr.com/photos/scarecrowdr/31656313108/

---------- Post added at 02:29 ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 ----------

It is in the Flickr Link