Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus (OLD)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coronavirus (OLD)
Closed Thread

Old 14-09-2020, 20:09   #5596
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
My East European boiler service man spent about 20 minutes this morning telling me all about how Covid is a Jewish conspiracy. It’s a bit of a nuisance, I have quite an old wood pellet (biomass) boiler and there are very few people qualified to service it. So I just nodded and smiled and waited for him to go away.
I want to know where all these conspiracy theorists think Jewish people are getting the time from? At some point you think their plate is a bit full wouldn't you?
Advertisement
Old 14-09-2020, 20:11   #5597
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
You can believe what you want, but I know for a fact people that have done this, and if that's what's happening with a few people I know, then I'm pretty sure it's happening all over.
Anecdotal evidence, Max. Yet despite this the numbers testing positive on a given day are trending up.

If random people were just getting tested, without symptoms, they’d be statistically more likely to test negative.

The reality is the virus is more prevalent in society. This will further increase demand for testing in winter as the second wave takes hold, and other ailments that cause similar symptoms spread.

If we lose control this ends one way. They better sort it, and fast.
Old 14-09-2020, 20:11   #5598
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I want to know where all these conspiracy theorists think Jewish people are getting the time from? At some point you think their plate is a bit full wouldn't you?
Funny, I thought it was the Reptilians, using 5G.

Baby, I was born this way.
Old 14-09-2020, 20:12   #5599
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Huawei.
Old 14-09-2020, 20:15   #5600
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Anecdotal evidence, Max. Yet despite this the numbers testing positive on a given day are trending up.

If random people were just getting tested, without symptoms, they’d be statistically more likely to test negative.

The reality is the virus is more prevalent in society. This will further increase demand for testing in winter as the second wave takes hold, and other ailments that cause similar symptoms spread.

If we lose control this ends one way. They better sort it, and fast.
So you're basically saying that I'm lying?
Old 14-09-2020, 20:16   #5601
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Huawei.
Crap, I just installed a Huawei router. The Chinese brain controlling waves must have set him off.
Old 14-09-2020, 20:24   #5602
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
So you're basically saying that I'm lying?
No, that’s exactly not what anecdotal evidence is. What I’m saying is that because you know someone who has doesn’t mean that’s the norm across the entire country or that the sum total contributes significantly to the demand for tests.

I equally know, via social media, of people who got tests after being in pubs where there were positive tests. When the advice was to wait and see if symptoms materialised. Indeed, a test wouldn’t confirm that they wouldn’t go on to develop the virus anyway. Following the return of schools I know of entire families being sent for tests, on instruction of the school, and against NHS advice.

I’m sure there’s always been a percentage, I’m not convinced that is the reason for the current shortage.
Old 14-09-2020, 20:54   #5603
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
In my experience, of 3 large companies, over 40 years, no, it wont.
You got that right.
Old 14-09-2020, 21:36   #5604
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Local council have sent out the latest COVID-19 infection rates in Leeds - 72.7 per 100,000, with 6.2% positive rate (According to criteria published by WHO in May, a positive rate of less than 5% is one indicator that the epidemic is under control in a country).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 14-09-2020, 23:41   #5605
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Local council have sent out the latest COVID-19 infection rates in Leeds - 72.7 per 100,000, with 6.2% positive rate (According to criteria published by WHO in May, a positive rate of less than 5% is one indicator that the epidemic is under control in a country).
The infection rate as you post is 0.072% of local population..........ooooh.
Old 14-09-2020, 23:47   #5606
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post

Yeah, it's extremely high let's get on with our lives eh, by all means, protect the very vulnerable and the older population, but it's now becoming ridiculous.
Old 15-09-2020, 00:02   #5607
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
No, it’s the new cases, and they have been doubling each week since three weeks ago...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.

Last edited by Hugh; 15-09-2020 at 00:06.
Old 15-09-2020, 07:49   #5608
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
that’s hyperbolics, up there with "subjugation" and "enslavement" (not things you’ve said, but others have).

I lived in West Berlin for 3 years at the height of the Cold War, and saw what a "Stasi state" was - use of terms like this in the article just use emotive hyperbolic statements to inflame passion and cause anger, thus making rational debate about real issues difficult.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54145596

Quote:
Crime minister Kit Malthouse has encouraged people to report their neighbours for any suspected breaches of the new "rule of six", which came in today.
From little acorns .....

My advice is at your risk.
Old 15-09-2020, 08:29   #5609
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
It’s only low because of, and increasing despite, the restrictions in place. Open everything up and it goes through the roof, NHS overwhelmed, see Italy in February.

Unless of course we’ve hit herd immunity by accident - but if that was the case the test positivity rate would be falling and R wouldn’t be increasing.

I’m really not sure what the urgency is to test this, be wrong, cause unnecessary deaths and be in a second lockdown.
Old 15-09-2020, 09:59   #5610
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Wonder who really is at fault, MP's who request increase in testing and approve budget, civil servants who are tasked to implement it, the companies/units who need to ramp up capacity, the engineers doing the tests. What's the betting someone somewhere is earning nicely from the situation and at each phase "difficulties" will mean slower response or more cost.
Do we really want the government to micromanange each stage and every aspect all the time?

---
Reporting groups of 7 or more - our archery club now has added signs to the effect that archery is an organised sport and that we can have bigger groups (with distancing), sad we need to.