Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 20-01-2013, 23:19   #436
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Premier Sports update.

The last post suggests something might be happening?!?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-01-2013, 04:41   #437
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

No it doesn't, its just generic PR speak for "nothing to see here, but if anything does change we'll let you know".
MaverickJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 22:18   #438
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Premier Sports seem to have hacked off plenty of Virgin Media and other non-SKY NHL fans in the UK with their new TV deal.

NHL fans without SKY usually get their fix via subscription too NHL’s Game Centre Live (GCL). However under the new TV deal, games that are shown live on Premier Sports will NOT be available live on GCL. Premier Sports, currently only available to Sky customers, has a four year exclusive agreement for NHL rights in the UK and aims to show up to 15 games per week.

Premier Sports have confirmed that 13 to 15 games each week, most playoff games from round 1 and round 2, all of the playoff games from round 3, the Stanley Cup Final, the Winter Classic and All-star matches will be blacked out.

The Premier Sports Facebook page is full of angry posts. The NHLUK Twitter feed has plenty of disgruntled fans posting their disgust too. NHL fans only had to pay $49.99 for a full years access to all games via GCL. Now they will have to pay £10.00 per month to Premier Sports on top of their $49.99 to enjoy the same amount of action they did last season. Even NHL fans with SKY and Premier Sports are sticking the boot in too. They are not happy with the coverage and "expected live games" being dropped for re-runs of SPL football.
Old 24-01-2013, 05:27   #439
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

Its exactly how NFL GamePass works with games shown on Sky Sports, its nothing new.
MaverickJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 08:56   #440
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickJesus View Post
Its exactly how NFL GamePass works with games shown on Sky Sports, its nothing new.
It is to NHL fans.
Old 24-01-2013, 23:29   #441
Chad
cf.mega poster

Interesting Tweet from virgin regarding Premier Sports

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
Old 24-01-2013, 23:50   #442
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Interesting Tweet from virgin regarding Premier Sports

I fear Chad, that this once again VM playing their "treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen" tatics they have used for ages. It's a shame they can not be more upfornt and honest with their answers.

Re: your post at 23:19. Stephanie actually tells the truth. 10 minutes later, Melissa comes along and gives the impression something may happen in the future.

Shocking customer relations from V.M again.
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 00:20   #443
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
I fear Chad, that this once again VM playing their "treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen" tatics they have used for ages. It's a shame they can not be more upfornt and honest with their answers.

Re: your post at 23:19. Stephanie actually tells the truth. 10 minutes later, Melissa comes along and gives the impression something may happen in the future.

Shocking customer relations from V.M again.
Unfortunately I've got to agree. Seen this type of thing over and over again. I'm surprised at some of the stuff that gets posted on Facebook, Twitter and the Virgin Community Forum by Virgin employees. The good news however is at least the Virgin employees who post here are honest and trustworthy.
Old 25-01-2013, 12:25   #444
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light

I pay £91 a month (£25 for sports) yet I have to watch French rugby illegally on the internet, while my mate down the road gets it on sky. I think he pays less overall too.
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 12:46   #445
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallclone View Post
I pay £91 a month (£25 for sports) yet I have to watch French rugby illegally on the internet, while my mate down the road gets it on sky. I think he pays less overall too.
But compromised choices are always going to be the way of things when choosing service providers. I'd prefer the channel line up of Sky, but prefer every other aspect delivered by Virgin. I'd lose 'something' whichever provider I choose.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2013, 14:43   #446
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

BT want Murray to follow Humphrey as new boys plan second raid on BBC for Premier League coverage

BT Sport are understood to be looking to the BBC for their main commentator after persuading Jake Humphrey to front their Barclays Premier League coverage.

Humphrey was the BBC's Formula One host last season but has signed a four-year deal with the new venture.

Radio 5 Live’s excellent John Murray, who has the lead microphone role for the main radio football match on the flagship Saturday programme, could be set to join Humphrey.

Murray is high on the wishlist of BT, who last summer won the rights to show 38 live games a season for three years, including 18 first-choice matches.

They are paying £738million over three seasons while Sky are paying £2.28billion for their rights.

In other news

One man set to stay at the BBC is Gary Lineker. The Match of the Day presenter is expected to sign a new contract.

But it was announced last week that Colin Murray is to be dropped as the Match of the Day 2 frontman next season.

Murray, who has anchored the Sunday highlights show for two years since Adrian Chiles moved to ITV, is to be replaced by rising BBC star Mark Chapman.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz2JNMY1Fcm
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 13:35   #447
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light

Sky rugby coverage to change in 2014 (autumn internationals)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/ne...nationals.html
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 14:22   #448
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Clare Balding joins BT sport remains with channel 4 as well

The Olympic-effect continues to pay dividends for Clare Balding with BT the latest broadcaster to sign her up to front a weekly sports magazine show.

BT, which this summer launches two sports channels on its BT Vision TV service as it begins broadcasting some live Premier League coverage, intends to launch a new show with a working title of Clare Balding Presents.

Balding, who was highly praised for her work fronting the BBC's London 2012 Olympics coverage and Channel 4's Paralympics programming, will interview major sporting names and discuss the issues of the week. A key part of the show will be to look at women's sport.

She is in demand, after taking over as the main presenter of Channel 4's horse racing coverage at the beginning of January.

Balding also has two other shows on air – BBC1 gameshow Britain's Brightest on Saturday evenings and Radio 2's Good Morning Sunday.

"I'd like to thank BT for giving me the opportunity to present my own magazine-style programme in which I can interview iconic sports stars and discuss newsworthy and stimulating topics," said Balding.

"I'm enthused by BT's vision for sports coverage in the future and particularly their support of women's sport, an issue about which I feel very strongly. This is an exciting new venture for me and I can't wait to get started."

Simon Green, head of BT Sport, said: "We wanted to give Clare an opportunity to anchor her own weekly show, which we see as a flagship programme for BT Sport. She excels at presenting a variety of different sports and she showed last summer what an accomplished live performer she is."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013...bt-sports-show
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:54   #449
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

I am not keen on balding (clare I mean, can do nothing about hairloss, wait, can do nothing about clare either )
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:42   #450
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
I am not keen on balding (clare I mean, can do nothing about hairloss, wait, can do nothing about clare either )
l personally never worry about who presents as its the sports l am interested in.