Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 29-07-2021, 16:34   #1021
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
How was it after Virgin bought it?
In the main it has been fine, for me they are the best of a bad bunch.

BT's network can't even offer me any more than 16mb where I am, although only over a mile from the exchange and there are hundreds more houses further down the line than mine, having cable is a no brainer in this area of town.

The transition from Smallworld to Virgin was seamless, though if there was ever any issues their head office was in the next town along so if they had no engineers available you could pop over and get a replacement box or modem no hassle.

I knew the staff on first name terms as well.

---------- Post added at 16:34 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Sky Replay
[/COLOR][/B]
I have seen numerous sources state that Sky Replay is being dropped.
Advertisement
Old 29-07-2021, 16:36   #1022
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
I have seen numerous sources state that Sky Replay is being dropped.
My Sources say Sky Replay is staying.

Sky may ask Virgin Media to move some channels about on the EPG so base on Sky EPG the following may happen on Virgin from September 1st:

109. Sky Showcase HD
110. Sky Showcase
111. Sky Witness HD
112. Sky Witness
121. Sky Max HD
122. Sky Max
123. Sky Arts
135. Sky Comedy HD
136. Sky Comedy
137. Sky Crime HD
138. Sky Crime
139. SYFY HD
140. SYFY
156. Sky Arts HD
157. E! HD (?)
158. E! (?)
160. Sky Replay
164. Challenge
165. Pick
180. Sky Showcase +1 (?)
206. Sky Witness +1
207. Sky Crime +1
229. SYFY +1

270. Sky History HD
271. Sky History +1
272. Sky History 2 HD
277. Sky Documentaries HD
278. Sky Documentaries
279. Sky Nature HD
280. Sky Nature

419. Movies 24
420. Movies 24 +

All channels in red may change - still no been confirmed by Virgin Media or Sky.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 29-07-2021 at 16:56.
Old 29-07-2021, 16:37   #1023
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
My Sources say Sky Replay is staying.
It's not listed in the press release

https://www.skygroup.sky/article/sky...se-and-sky-max
Old 29-07-2021, 17:05   #1024
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Neither is Sky History 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

I wondered if they just listed EPG numbers which were changing - but Sky Atlantic is not moving.

Quote:
Neither is Challenge or Pick.
Old 29-07-2021, 17:06   #1025
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Neither is Sky History 2.
My Sources say "apart from Sky One no other channels are closing".
Old 29-07-2021, 20:26   #1026
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
My Sources say "apart from Sky One no other channels are closing".
Just out of interest, is this the same source that, last week, was claiming "Sky are going to stop providing their channels to other providers in the future", or is it a different source?
Old 29-07-2021, 20:47   #1027
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

What concerns me is whether Peacock will be coming to VM. If it does, it seems that it will be at a cost.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 29-07-2021 at 20:53.
Old 29-07-2021, 20:57   #1028
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
What concerns me is whether Peacock will be coming to VM. If it does, it seems that it will be at a cost.
I guess it would similar to adding the NOW app to Virgin. If Peacock carries Sky Atlantic content, there could be a conflict of interests.
Old 29-07-2021, 23:24   #1029
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
Just out of interest, is this the same source that, last week, was claiming "Sky are going to stop providing their channels to other providers in the future", or is it a different source?
Other sources.
Old 29-07-2021, 23:29   #1030
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
Other sources.
Ok, thanks.
Old 29-07-2021, 23:32   #1031
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Ok, thanks.
Do you have an source for that BT Sport axe as broadcast channels story?

https://www.forumbox.co.uk/forum/thr...treaming-only/
Old 29-07-2021, 23:57   #1032
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
Do you have an source for that BT Sport axe as broadcast channels story?

https://www.forumbox.co.uk/forum/thr...treaming-only/
It was more of a request for comments than a story. See the original post on DS Forums for more info.
Old 30-07-2021, 00:16   #1033
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
It was more of a request for comments than a story. See the original post on DS Forums for more info.
I know that BT Sport deal with Virgin Media are always up before the Football Season starts - around this time of year.

2013 - launch deal: https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/20...ke-virgin.html

2015 - BT Sport 3/Red Button deal: https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/20...l-package.html

2018 - BT Sport UHD deal: https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/20...nel-to-be.html

2021?
Old 30-07-2021, 00:20   #1034
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
I know that BT Sport deal with Virgin Media are always up before the Football Season starts - around this time of year.

2013 - launch deal: https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/20...ke-virgin.html

2015 - BT Sport 3/Red Button deal: https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/20...l-package.html

2018 - BT Sport UHD deal: https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/20...nel-to-be.html

2021?
Hmmm! Interesting.
Old 30-07-2021, 00:26   #1035
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Hmmm! Interesting.
But BT Sport SD Channels was axe on Virgin Media in December 2018: https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/20...t-sd.html#more
Closed Thread