Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 20-11-2012, 16:16   #286
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
In my eyes BT have bought the content , its upto them what they do with it , I'm not complaining just simply stating they won't see a penny of my money with no HD.
Well if their SD channels get added to the XL pack l certainly won't grumble thats for sure.
Old 20-11-2012, 16:20   #287
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
The list for HD Channels to Sky is still open
That's what they're saying on DS forum so hopefully HD will be available , football in SD simply doesn't cut it.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 16:31   #288
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
That's what they're saying on DS forum so hopefully HD will be available , football in SD simply doesn't cut it.
so true there MM if only sky would let us have SS3+4 HD it crap having to watch champs league in SD
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 16:44   #289
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
so true there MM if only sky would let us have SS3+4 HD it crap having to watch champs league in SD
Somehow Dave l cannot see any chance of access to those HD channels anytime soon.
Old 20-11-2012, 16:45   #290
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
I find that Sky's SD pictures for sport are inferior to those of the BBC or ITV.
A case of trying to get their customers to upgrade to HD me thinks.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 16:48   #291
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Somehow Dave l cannot see any chance of access to those HD channels anytime soon.
me either doubt we ever get them
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 17:11   #292
Jameseh

The Premier League match on SS3 has been scheduled as such for a while, its not as if Sky has retaliated today. Still its interesting.
Old 20-11-2012, 17:15   #293
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

I always new that BT Spors would come to other platforms and that has been confirmed. Im still not sure that the SD slots are ESPN's slots but only time will tell. If BT with hold the HD channel then yes its a shame but i dont blame them as Sky cant really complain as they dont let other providers have there HD channels. IF its at a good price then i will get BT sports and get rid of ESPN. Also im hoping it will be on Sky Go and TV anywhere, that will be a good addition for everyone on all platforms
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 17:17   #294
Jameseh

I just remembered that Sky issue the HD EPG slots, the broadcaster only has to get its own SD ones.

BT Sport HD on Sky afterall... probably.
Old 20-11-2012, 17:26   #295
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

[QUOTE=Jameseh;35499610]I just remembered that Sky issue the HD EPG slots, the broadcaster only has to get its own SD ones.

BT Sport HD on Sky afterall... probably.[/QUOTE]

Only time will tell
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 17:45   #296
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

Sky have limited HD capacity at the minute anyway, until the new Astra comes online - the reason the NFL RedZone feed is in SD is purely because of this, they don't have the capacity to deliver it in HD (confirmed by Sky themselves, no less!)
MaverickJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 17:56   #297
dj_wayne
Inactive

dj_wayne is an unknown quantity at this point

good news or bad!!http://www.cable.co.uk/news/bt-bags-...els-801491508/
dj_wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 17:59   #298
nicko
cf.addict

Services: 30 mb broadband & phone
nicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nicenicko is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
I find that Sky's SD pictures for sport are inferior to those of the BBC or ITV.
A case of trying to get their customers to upgrade to HD me thinks.

True I think, but it didn't used to be, sky sports SD was the best picture for sports.

Since HD came along its a different story surprise surprise.
nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 18:07   #299
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickJesus View Post
Sky have limited HD capacity at the minute anyway, until the new Astra comes online - the reason the NFL RedZone feed is in SD is purely because of this, they don't have the capacity to deliver it in HD (confirmed by Sky themselves, no less!)
Astra 2F has now arrived at 28.2E so capacity will not be an issue , obviously it has to go through testing.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 22:41   #300
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

I wonder.....I just wonder.....if BT would go nuclear with VM and deny them the BT Sports Channels. VMs traditional USP's of VOD and Catch-Up are more or less gone now, and BT has been busy signing up rights to linear Pay-TV channels which were previously restricted to VM. They've already begun targeting VM customers with YouView - they'll ramp that campaign up when the BT Sports Channels are launched.

OFCOM couldn't touch BT because they don't have the market share for EPL, that remains with Sky.

I guess it comes down to what in the long run would make more profit for BT - converting VM customers into BT ones, or selling the content to VM customers. I can't imagine BT allowing VM to sell BT Sports content cheaper on Cable then compared to BT Vision/YouView, in which case they may convert a few.
HDFootyMan is offline   Reply With Quote