Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit discussion
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 23:45   #301
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
First off, I'm going to stop using the terms Breixiteers & Bremoaners, I'm going to says Winners and Losers.

I nearly through my radio across the room to day listening to a brexit discussion, it was more about the losers trying to get the whole thing cancelled, and still moaning about not getting the vote we wanted.

Well tough titty the losers lost we are leaving.
You sure about this? Unless our government get it together we all lose in the short and medium term.

The biggest sign of a loser is surely ignoring the evidence and refusing to accept that course of action may be wrong given the facts as they stand compared to how they were in the past.

Last edited by Ignitionnet; 10-10-2017 at 00:35.
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2017, 23:57   #302
Gavin78
Ice Cold

Services: XL TV M Phone 200MB BB
Gavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these partsGavin78 is just so famous around these parts

We can't be doing that well trading with Europe the country has been in a financial mess for years. Perhaps leaving the EU will be what stops our country sinking.
Old 10-10-2017, 00:02   #303
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
We can't be doing that well trading with Europe the country has been in a financial mess for years. Perhaps leaving the EU will be what stops our country sinking.
Any facts to support this?
Old 10-10-2017, 00:32   #304
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin78 View Post
Perhaps though there's nothing I'm aware of that points to that leaving the EU will help.
Old 10-10-2017, 00:44   #305
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Perhaps though there's nothing I'm aware of that points to that leaving the EU will help.
There's things wrong with this country from income inequality to lack of affordable housing and poor productivity. But there's no magic solution to these issues and Brexit certainly is not it.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:55   #306
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
There's things wrong with this country from income inequality to lack of affordable housing and poor productivity. But there's no magic solution to these issues and Brexit certainly is not it.
I think some genuinely think the EU is the cause and Brexit will be the cure for a lot of the problems we face today. When they find that they have dragged themselves and us into a worse position, they will says "we were betrayed!"

How can you argue or debate with those who deny reality? The analogy with religion is apt: Faith demands you to ignore evidence and common sense and it is much the case here.

Where is the evidence behind Leave slogans? We can see the evidence for the approaching train wreck but where is the counter evidence for the post-Brexit boom that was promised?

All I see on this forum and in the media are slogans and insults. If you have more than Faith, show us the evidence ..
Old 10-10-2017, 10:19   #307
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
This post sums up why this country is screwed. Winners and Losers ? We're all on the same side, we all win or we all lose.
This. Why is there a massive need to have an 'enemy' apart from having someone to blame if things go wrong?

---------- Post added at 09:19 ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
I think some genuinely think the EU is the cause and Brexit will be the cure for a lot of the problems we face today. When they find that they have dragged themselves and us into a worse position, they will says "we were betrayed!"

How can you argue or debate with those who deny reality? The analogy with religion is apt: Faith demands you to ignore evidence and common sense and it is much the case here.

Where is the evidence behind Leave slogans? We can see the evidence for the approaching train wreck but where is the counter evidence for the post-Brexit boom that was promised?

All I see on this forum and in the media are slogans and insults. If you have more than Faith, show us the evidence ..
But no leave voter made a mistake, no leave voter was taken in by lies. If this goes wrong, it will be the fault of (in no particular order)

Jeremy Corbyn (a leave tendency person himself)
The EU
The courts
Gina Miller
The WTO
The passage of time itself
Globalisation
Philip Hammond
The internet
Immigrants
Foreign investors
Car manufacturers both in the UK and abroad
Angela Merkel
The civil service (unelected bureaucrats)

Any others?
Old 10-10-2017, 20:21   #308
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

I am not exactly filled with confidence at how it's all going. Especially with all this talk of no deal from people who were saying the EU would be chomping at the bit to get a deal.

This article written by a Leaver, and who remains a backer of Leave, is pretty negative about the consequences of the no deal approach and thinks it's a certainty because of the way the government is working: http://peterjnorth.blogspot.co.uk/20...will-live.html

I am not convinced no deal is a given but I've seen his sentiments about the consequences of it echoed elsewhere. Basically with a deal we revert to WTO rules which will have a huge impact.
Old 10-10-2017, 23:03   #309
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

The EU have said they have no plan for 'no deal' but 'they'll see how things go'.
Old 11-10-2017, 00:21   #310
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I am not exactly filled with confidence at how it's all going. Especially with all this talk of no deal from people who were saying the EU would be chomping at the bit to get a deal.

This article written by a Leaver, and who remains a backer of Leave, is pretty negative about the consequences of the no deal approach and thinks it's a certainty because of the way the government is working: http://peterjnorth.blogspot.co.uk/20...will-live.html

I am not convinced no deal is a given but I've seen his sentiments about the consequences of it echoed elsewhere. Basically with a deal we revert to WTO rules which will have a huge impact.
SkyNews suggests that the Government's preparations for no deal don't run too deep!
Quote:
As expected, that meant the publication of outline plans for what No Deal would mean to our customs and trade system.
This matters to Brexiteer ultras, but the more telling matter was that no money has been set aside, no land bought, no customs officers employed.
It is a paper trade designed, by talking about No Deal, to avoid it ever happening.
http://news.sky.com/story/theresa-ma...-wave-11074461
Old 11-10-2017, 11:54   #311
Ignitionnet
Inactive

The splits in the cabinet and the Conservative Party grow.

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/...-a7994191.html

Quote:
Philip Hammond has become the first Cabinet minister to admit crashing out of the EU without an agreement could ground all flights from the UK to Europe.

Giving evidence to MPs on the Commons Treasury Committee, the Chancellor said the eventuality was “theoretically possible” that a failure to reach agreement with the bloc would halt air traffic between Britain and the 27 member states on March 29, 2019.

But Mr Hammond insisted he did not think “anybody seriously believes that it where we will get to”, saying an air travel deal would be struck regardless.
He's absolutely correct on both counts, however I'm sure will be accused of yet more doomsaying.

I also note that he informs he is putting no money aside in the upcoming budget for a 'no deal' scenario and won't until absolutely required:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41577065

Part of the reason for this is likely because he just doesn't have the money.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...ctivity-gloom/
Old 11-10-2017, 14:28   #312
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
This article written by a Leaver
I would have thought <removed> would have more, ahem, compelling things on his mind (NSFW or mods under 18).

Last edited by Paul M; 11-10-2017 at 21:31. Reason: Breaking T&C's
Old 11-10-2017, 19:25   #313
Ignitionnet
Inactive

The first content of that nature I ever watched, on pilfered VHS tape, was Mr North. A true master of his craft.

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 18:18 ----------

Today has been an interesting one for a few reasons. Northern Ireland has come into the public view some more, and a number of interesting comments have come from Tory politicians.

The prize for peak stupidity goes to Norman Tebbit for his sincerely held view that Ireland should leave the EU to avoid a physical border with the UK.

The EU are not wanting the NI issue to be solved before trade talks just to be awkward, it is impossible to produce a free trade agreement that encompasses what is needed to avoid the hard border, it has to be done as part of A50 negotiations and a trade deal requires it to be resolved else it's not possible. Law requires either Northern Ireland to be in the Customs Union and the border between CU and UK to be in the Irish Sea, or customs checks.
Old 11-10-2017, 19:59   #314
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
We're all in this together. I've yet to see one credible report that suggests anyone will gain from Brexit, and that goes for the EU 27 countries as well. It's a case of damage limitation.
Likewise I'm yet to see any credible report thats suggest anyone will lose from Brexit.

---------- Post added at 18:59 ---------- Previous post was at 18:56 ----------

Yet again BBC Radio 5 Live had salty tear-eyed losers going on and on and on about another referendum.

TM has said there will NOT be another one.

Why can't they get it?

I mean perhaps I should deman another general election as I didn't get the result \i wanted?
Old 11-10-2017, 20:25   #315
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
Likewise I'm yet to see any credible report thats suggest anyone will lose from Brexit.

---------- Post added at 18:59 ---------- Previous post was at 18:56 ----------

Yet again BBC Radio 5 Live had salty tear-eyed losers going on and on and on about another referendum.

TM has said there will NOT be another one.

Why can't they get it?

I mean perhaps I should deman another general election as I didn't get the result \i wanted?
You will most likely get your wish fairly soon
Closed Thread