Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | T-Mobile merger - the fallout begins

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

T-Mobile merger - the fallout begins

Old 23-09-2011, 19:58   #46
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: T-Mobile merger - the fallout begins

Has worked for me
Old 23-09-2011, 20:17   #47
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

And for my wife...
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 22:54   #48
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I got a text back saying there was a problem with my account?
Old 25-09-2011, 20:01   #49
Dave_M
Inactive

Dave_M is an unknown quantity at this point

Working fine. Straight through to CS and activated within 10 minutes, only difference is I can't see who's calling when on Orange only the number.
Dave_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 21:54   #50
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

Worked Great for me, got MSG within seconds and so did the Wife's :-)

Test in it work on Monday
JMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2011, 22:03   #51
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotmac View Post
You can now opt in by text . Just text the word Yes to 789777 and you get text back to say you can now use the orange network
Quote:
Originally Posted by weesteev View Post
H+ is HSUPA, a faster variant of 3G. The EE deal at the moment is about amalgamating cell towers and capacity, there is no additional capacity being put in place. The recent deal you seen with Virgin Media Business providing data services fo MBNL Ltd will increase the backhaul capacity of cell towers from the existing 2Mb or 100Mb switches to Gigabit Fibre connections, providing far superior data capacity to each cell tower.

I guess 789777 if to use both T-Mobile & Orange networks, and not H+
Old 25-09-2011, 22:43   #52
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcB View Post
Worked Great for me, got MSG within seconds and so did the Wife's :-)

Test in it work on Monday
You can test it manually by going to manual search and choosing Orange.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2011, 12:06   #53
Datatraveller
Inactive

Datatraveller is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I've had no success setting up National Roaming. I have spoken to Technical Support 3 times since Friday when after trying to register to use the Orange network by the 789777 text message I get a reply saying "Sorry we can't complete your request at the moment as there's a problem on your account". Tech Support tell me that my account is pending & will stay that way until I can't get a signal via T-Mobile & then it will switch over to Orange. But I can't get a T-Mobile signal in my house & nothing is happening.
I have been patient since the merger hoping that my reception problem would be solved as I have an Orange transmitter 400 yards down the road. However if this is the case then unfortunately both me & the other half will be leaving Virgin to enable us to get a signal at home other than standing by the bedroom window to make & receive calls.
Datatraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2011, 12:54   #54
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Just sent the text just now and it worked, 4 bars happy days
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 01:25   #55
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb Cable, L TV and Phone XL.
Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one

Im with orange and up until around 2 months ago i had major issues with them when they were working on the masts in the area doing the intergrating for almost a year and orange were saying ohhh it will be done in a month and it went on and on.

It affected calls where i would try and ring out and every now and then everyone would be engaged and i would have to ring orange from their shop and only thing that cleared it was for them to reset my handset. At first they denied it was their problem and said it was my phone and changed the handset. Secondly they claimed it must be a Sim Card Problem and changed that. Then they admitted it was them which they could have done all along.

It also affected Internet as a lot of the time i couldnt get online and also affected my Google Maps, it would never show correct area usually id be atleast 700 - 1000m away and sometimes showing i was on the move all the time while sitting or laying in my flat.

Roaming works perfect for me. I cannot get a signal from orange at all at the local hospital and it switches str8 to Tmobile and works fine.
Welshchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 12:14   #56
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Text worked for me, although I seem to have full Virgin coverage wherever I was before so cant see any difference

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2011, 12:50   #57
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Tried the text again and I am still getting a response stating there is a problem with my account.

Great signal anyway so I can wait till the full rollout.
Old 01-10-2011, 15:52   #58
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Text worked perfectly first time for my folks. Get the usual <pers> text back like when you set up voicemail and then another about a minute later confirming they can now roam onto Orange the next time they turn the phone on.

Roaming is a good temporary solution, but not without pitfalls, as phones will only roam to Orange when there is no T-Mobile signal. At their location they get 2-3 bars upstairs but only 1 downstairs with calls not reliable on T-Mobile. When the phone is forced onto Orange they get solid 5 bars all over the house and can use it anywhere. Some will find this very frustrating.

So looks like it will be a case of "Everything but not quite Everywhere" for a while to come. Roll on full integration.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 23:10   #59
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

How annoying, my phone got it, via the YES to 789777, but mine is 3G and usually has good 3G coverage. Mum's Phone, 2G only and sorely in need of better coverage, didn't get it... pretty low on credit, wonder if that makes a difference.
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 18:05   #60
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

just recieved a text from Virgin mobile saying i can now use Orange network ,just have to restart my phone to activate ,happy days then .Have to say though i have never in the 2yrs i have been with virgin had a problem with the signal ,and when i was with orange i could get a signal anywhere so it has to be a good thing