Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | T-Mobile merger - the fallout begins

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

T-Mobile merger - the fallout begins

Old 21-09-2011, 19:13   #31
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: T-Mobile merger - the fallout begins

I'm desperate for it, no tmobile signal in my house
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-09-2011, 21:51   #32
bukem
Inactive

bukem is an unknown quantity at this point

Just saw this today on the Virgin's own forum......

This will be rolled out to some customers as we speak, they will get a text asking if they want to opt in. If you dont receive a text you can call in and opt in that way.

So it is all in place now, you just need to call to ask for if you dont get a text.

Some posters on that forum have called CS and they are now officially roaming on the Orange network!

Read the thread here:- http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...ge/td-p/730327
bukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 21:58   #33
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

You need to get totech support
Old 22-09-2011, 08:35   #34
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

I've had h+ on my display since I first joined virgin mobile about two weeks ago-had no idea what it was but the mobile internet connection is lighting from just about anywhere I've tried it so far. If this is ee I'm impressed.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 08:47   #35
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I will have to try and se if I can do this later on, it would be nice to have a decent signal at home.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 10:02   #36
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
I've had h+ on my display since I first joined virgin mobile about two weeks ago-had no idea what it was but the mobile internet connection is lighting from just about anywhere I've tried it so far. If this is ee I'm impressed.
I've been getting H+ in parts of Glasgow for a few weeks now. It's so much faster, at first I wasn't sure what it was but it must be to do with the merger.
Old 22-09-2011, 10:13   #37
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

What is H+ (I guess it is faster)?

Will it work with the HTC Desire S?
Old 22-09-2011, 11:45   #38
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Its just like H but faster

Its just a newer version of HSPDA. The Desire S is fairly new so it should work if it has the correct chipset. I have the Galaxy S2.
Old 23-09-2011, 16:06   #39
scotmac
Inactive

Services: XL Tv 2 x V6 1 TB TiVo 200 Broadband XL phone
scotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of lightscotmac is a glorious beacon of light

You can now opt in by text . Just text the word Yes to 789777 and you get text back to say you can now use the orange network
scotmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 16:11   #40
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

H+ is HSUPA, a faster variant of 3G. The EE deal at the moment is about amalgamating cell towers and capacity, there is no additional capacity being put in place. The recent deal you seen with Virgin Media Business providing data services fo MBNL Ltd will increase the backhaul capacity of cell towers from the existing 2Mb or 100Mb switches to Gigabit Fibre connections, providing far superior data capacity to each cell tower.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 16:15   #41
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotmac View Post
You can now opt in by text . Just text the word Yes to 789777 and you get text back to say you can now use the orange network
Cheers, worked a treat
Old 23-09-2011, 17:33   #42
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post
Cheers, worked a treat
Indeed i have phoned them and i have since had a txt to say i can now use orange

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 17:39   #43
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

I'm almost happy enough to smile mow
Old 23-09-2011, 18:20   #44
jb66
cf.mega poster

LOL, id be ragin if i opted in to gaychat messages or something!

Never worked for me, said there is a problem
Old 23-09-2011, 19:25   #45
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Doesn't work for me.