Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Mobile Credit checks issue

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Mobile Credit checks issue

Old 08-01-2011, 10:28   #1
servius7
Inactive

servius7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Mobile Credit checks issue

Virgin Mobile have no interest in dealing with complaints. They do not provide an idiot proof or ease of access to an email address especially for complaints because they do not want to deal with them. Beware of their mobile deals. Even if you are a good long term virgin media customer they will do a credit check. First of all they will ask for your Virgin Media customer account number to verify who you are. Then they will do a credit check. If Virgin media has your address slightly wrong then you will fail a credit check.

If then you phone about a complaint you will be forwarded to sales and without you knowing it the process has started again and a credit check done. If you then complain again you will be forwarded to a foreign country where again they will credit check you. At this time you have not been told that your address is slightly wrong and now you will recieve an email from them saying do not try to get a mobile off them for at least a month. The reason they give is because you have been credit checked locked.

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH

When you complain to them you will get all the sympathy you want but no action or admittance of stupidity of their service. When you insist after talking to OFFCOM about how to complain with virgin mobile and you wish to complain in written form they then will give you an email address. No it is not an email address designed for complaints it is just theteam@virginmobile.com. Virgin mobile do not have a dedicated system for complaints because in their delusional world of virgins all their customers are happy and living the life of a virgin lol.

Now a message to Sir (lol) Richard Branson. Get your companies act together or someone is going to come along and compete in such a way of which makes you look like total market traders; and eat you alive. Oh what a thought all that bearded hair in ones teeth. Stop thinking of floating in a balloon around the world and come down to earth and pretend to be a mystery customer and see your failings. How on earth you got to where you are is totally beyond me. Just show’s this world is full of rich men based not on business ability but total chance or luck.

Why can’t you be like virgin media and treat customers decent. A quad service my assssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!
servius7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2011, 10:31   #2
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
re: Virgin Mobile Credit checks issue

So you failed a credit check and you've had a rant. Now go and see if anyone else will give you a mobile.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:45   #3
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
re: Virgin Mobile Credit checks issue

I'd like to know exactly what it has to do with Richard Branson .As far as i was aware he no longer owns the companies ,he's just a share holder
Old 08-01-2011, 10:50   #4
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Mobile Credit checks issue

As there's no proof here that VM has destroyed the OP's credit worthyness but instead just activated a security lockout I've changed the title to something more relevant
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:30   #5
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by servius7 View Post
Virgin Mobile have no interest in dealing with complaints. They do not provide an idiot proof or ease of access to an email address especially for complaints because they do not want to deal with them. Beware of their mobile deals. Even if you are a good long term virgin media customer they will do a credit check. First of all they will ask for your Virgin Media customer account number to verify who you are. Then they will do a credit check. If Virgin media has your address slightly wrong then you will fail a credit check.

If then you phone about a complaint you will be forwarded to sales and without you knowing it the process has started again and a credit check done. If you then complain again you will be forwarded to a foreign country where again they will credit check you. At this time you have not been told that your address is slightly wrong and now you will recieve an email from them saying do not try to get a mobile off them for at least a month. The reason they give is because you have been credit checked locked.

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH

When you complain to them you will get all the sympathy you want but no action or admittance of stupidity of their service. When you insist after talking to OFFCOM about how to complain with virgin mobile and you wish to complain in written form they then will give you an email address. No it is not an email address designed for complaints it is just theteam@virginmobile.com. Virgin mobile do not have a dedicated system for complaints because in their delusional world of virgins all their customers are happy and living the life of a virgin lol.

Now a message to Sir (lol) Richard Branson. Get your companies act together or someone is going to come along and compete in such a way of which makes you look like total market traders; and eat you alive. Oh what a thought all that bearded hair in ones teeth. Stop thinking of floating in a balloon around the world and come down to earth and pretend to be a mystery customer and see your failings. How on earth you got to where you are is totally beyond me. Just show’s this world is full of rich men based not on business ability but total chance or luck.

Why can’t you be like virgin media and treat customers decent. A quad service my assssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!
As others have said try another company and if you have no issues you can always try the CEO's office email address which may or may not be able to help you which is neil.berkett@virginmedia.co.uk and put your issue into words calmly.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:03   #6
mersey70
Inactive

Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future

I must say when I ordered a sim (having been transferred by 150 to VM Mobile) it was as if I wasn't a VM customer at all, they still seem very separate operations. I had to provide all my details from scratch so I understand where the OP is coming from about the potential for making mistakes on a credit check.

But it's not just VM I suppose.

I am sure in the Nynex days you had separate accounts for the landline and TV and received two different bills.
mersey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:54   #7
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersey70 View Post
I must say when I ordered a sim (having been transferred by 150 to VM Mobile) it was as if I wasn't a VM customer at all, they still seem very separate operations. I had to provide all my details from scratch so I understand where the OP is coming from about the potential for making mistakes on a credit check.

But it's not just VM I suppose.

I am sure in the Nynex days you had separate accounts for the landline and TV and received two different bills.
We have no way of accessing Virgin Mobile account details so all we can do is transfer you to them.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:06   #8
servius7
Inactive

Yes and you are right they are separate operations but as OFFCOM stated, it would be better that they have completely separate websites. Second that they do not ask for VMedia account numbers to verify you as a customer. Because this lends VMedia customers to assume they are a single entity. Very deceiving in their approach and nice they are but nice does not make efficient now does it.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:13   #9
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Yes and you are right they are separate operations but as OFFCOM stated, it would be better that they have completely separate websites. Second that they do not ask for VMedia account numbers to verify you as a customer. Because this lends VMedia customers to assume they are a single entity. Very deceiving in their approach and nice they are but nice does not make efficient now does it.
We would not ask for Virginmedia account details if you rang in with a Virgin Mobile query as the is no requirement or point in asking for those details we would just transfer you to them.

We do have separate websites to both Virgin Mobile and Virgin Media Business they are only linked to via the main website..

We could go down the route of asking you to hang up and redial the correct number which we could provide but we always offer to transfer you to them as that then makes it a single call for you.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:28   #10
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

so why don't virgin media and virgin mobile become one entity surely it would save a lot of confusion
Old 09-01-2011, 11:27   #11
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
so why don't virgin media and virgin mobile become one entity surely it would save a lot of confusion
Not really viable as one is an ISP and the other is a Mobile phone company, even BT would not be so stupid as to combine the broadband and mobile phone support.

It would cause issues with accounts and the support you receive as we will use different systems.
Old 09-01-2011, 15:25   #12
mersey70
Inactive

Services: TV M, L BB, Sky+ HD
mersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant futuremersey70 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
We have no way of accessing Virgin Mobile account details so all we can do is transfer you to them.
That's fair enough. I (think) the OP was just highlighting that VM Mobile is very much a separate operation to VM Cable, your cable account conduct dosen't appear to be taken into account when applying for a mobile.

My Bank (Lloyds TSB) own C&G and sell their mortgage products in branch, indeed I obtained my C&G mortgage in a LTSB branch but they cannot help me with enquiries though, similar to VM they just tell me to call another rnumber.

You are right regarding BT Mobile though in the sense that too was a separate part of the business when I was with them.
mersey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 16:04   #13
servius7
Inactive

Quote:
We would not ask for Virginmedia account details if you rang in with a Virgin Mobile query as the is no requirement or point in asking for those details we would just transfer you to them.

We do have separate websites to both Virgin Mobile and Virgin Media Business they are only linked to via the main website..

We could go down the route of asking you to hang up and redial the correct number which we could provide but we always offer to transfer you to them as that then makes it a single call for you.
I was not talking of Virgin media, I was talking of Virgin mobile who always want your virgin media account to verify your details. They do this every time with me. It is standard practice when applying for a phone contract with them. Now if you are separate business WHY DO THIS. THIS DECEIVES PEOPLE INTO THINKING YOU ARE ONE ENTITIY. And then confuse virgin media members by asking loads of questions. So please virgin media/mobile staff member please do not try to defend your selves from a situation that has been apparent for a long time and deny any confusion caused when you could correct the problem easily. Your are not a Quad service but a service of which causes great frustration.
Old 09-01-2011, 16:27   #14
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Not really viable as one is an ISP and the other is a Mobile phone company, even BT would not be so stupid as to combine the broadband and mobile phone support.

It would cause issues with accounts and the support you receive as we will use different systems.
Yes this is true, when o2 BB started we had to transfer people from the mobile side to the BB side as we were not able to access their details.

But just before i left the mobile cust service were able to verify the customer ( as the customers who had a mobile contract got cheap deals on BB so we had to verify them and pass them through to the BB support team ). As we were not trained to deal with the BB, BUSINESS OR PAY AND GO side of it and had to transfer as we were not able to deal with them.
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 18:14   #15
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I was not talking of Virgin media, I was talking of Virgin mobile who always want your virgin media account to verify your details. They do this every time with me. It is standard practice when applying for a phone contract with them. Now if you are separate business WHY DO THIS. THIS DECEIVES PEOPLE INTO THINKING YOU ARE ONE ENTITIY. And then confuse virgin media members by asking loads of questions. So please virgin media/mobile staff member please do not try to defend your selves from a situation that has been apparent for a long time and deny any confusion caused when you could correct the problem easily. Your are not a Quad service but a service of which causes great frustration.
The reason they verify your Virgin Media acount details is simple.

Were you applying for a special Virgin Mobile deal which is only available to Virgin Media customers?
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote