Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Unlocking Nokia 6500

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Unlocking Nokia 6500

Old 19-11-2008, 18:30   #1
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads
Unlocking Nokia 6500

I've tried unlocking codes for the Nokia 6500 but it just wont work and i've even tried unlocking it in a retailer and they weren't able to help.

My old phone is on Virgin Mobile and i'm very happy with Virgin. My new Nokia 6500 is locked to Orange and they are crap! No reception indoors, poor 3G reception in my area and most of all they are more expensive for the services I use!

Any help would be grateful and thanks in advance!!!
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-11-2008, 18:39   #2
on in an hour!
Inactive

Location: looking at a nice new scar in the tarmac outside my house!
Services: staff deal
on in an hour! has reached the bronze age
on in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze ageon in an hour! has reached the bronze age
Re: Unlocking Nokia 6500

Quote:
Originally Posted by m419 View Post
I've tried unlocking codes for the Nokia 6500 but it just wont work and i've even tried unlocking it in a retailer and they weren't able to help.

My old phone is on Virgin Mobile and i'm very happy with Virgin. My new Nokia 6500 is locked to Orange and they are crap! No reception indoors, poor 3G reception in my area and most of all they are more expensive for the services I use!

Any help would be grateful and thanks in advance!!!
had the same trouble myself with a 6500,albeit 12 months ago,since then i have seen plenty of independent mobile shops offering 6500 unlocks,sounds like time to get the thomson local out
on in an hour! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2008, 18:48   #3
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Have a look here http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/index.php , might be able to help. Ive had a quick look through and it seems that the 6500 is quite a hard one to unlock but some people have now managed it.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2008, 20:32   #4
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

Thanks will have a look.

Its about time that Ofcom rules out that phone locking to specific networks end!

Its killing free enterprise and competition and offers consumers poor value for money as well as costing consumers more money!
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2008, 21:17   #5
lilbow
Inactive

lilbow is an unknown quantity at this point

Dunno if you have been able to unlock your phone, if you haven't try this website it is good, www.mobyrepairs.com, you will need to send your phone to their office to unlock.
I had same problem with my 6500 slide it was locked on orange, they said its gonna take about 3 monhs to unlock it.
I sent it off to this coy they unlocked and debranded the phone from orange, within 2 days, they removed all the orange software in the phone, now using it on virgin 300mins and test.
lilbow is offline   Reply With Quote