Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UHD on Virgin Media

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

UHD on Virgin Media

Old 02-07-2019, 17:40   #1081
KillerCroc1
cf.member

Services: Amazon Prime Video Netflix Discovery+ apple Tv and xbox
KillerCroc1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

The 4k option for iPlayer isn't showing for me on the V6 box on my Sony android TV ��it's 4k am I missing something
KillerCroc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2019, 17:53   #1082
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Does this option exist to try?

Press the HOME button on the remote control.
Select Settings**
Select External inputs in the TV category.
Select HDMI signal format and set to Enhanced format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCroc1 View Post
The 4k option for iPlayer isn't showing for me on the V6 box on my Sony android TV ��it's 4k am I missing something
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 18:04   #1083
KillerCroc1
cf.member

Services: Amazon Prime Video Netflix Discovery+ apple Tv and xbox
KillerCroc1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
Does this option exist to try?

Press the HOME button on the remote control.
Select Settings**
Select External inputs in the TV category.
Select HDMI signal format and set to Enhanced format.
Those setting are already activated on my TV
KillerCroc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 19:14   #1084
trublue
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt
trublue is an unknown quantity at this point

The 4k option isn't showing for me either on the Sony AF9 4k.
trublue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 13:40   #1085
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Finally some content from the Virgin TV Ultra HD channel has been made available in the Catch Up section, the new 'Virgin Media Original' series The Rook.

Hopefully in the future VM will put more of the programmes from this channel in On Demand.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 13:47   #1086
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I think Arrow is in there too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Finally some content from the Virgin TV Ultra HD channel has been made available in the Catch Up section, the new 'Virgin Media Original' series The Rook.

Hopefully in the future VM will put more of the programmes from this channel in On Demand.
Old 03-07-2019, 16:45   #1087
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I think Arrow is in there too.
I don't think Arrow is shown on the Virgin TV Ultra HD channel, last time I looked it was on Sky One and Paramount Network.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 17:00   #1088
ozsat
cf.mega poster

No - just check and just The Rook there.
Old 04-07-2019, 14:26   #1089
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

The Rook is there for me but says subscribe. I'm on VVIP so I'm going to contact them tonight as I need a new remote also which I have been putting off for months so kill 2 rooks with 1 stone.....
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 15:26   #1090
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Maybe I'm wrong in this but I vaguely remember someone saying you can do something in the Settings menus to "refresh" what your package is on the box if something is not showing correctly.

If this is true, can someone please post the procedure as this would surely mean a call to VM's call centres wouldn't be necessary.

---------- Post added at 15:26 ---------- Previous post was at 15:18 ----------

I just noticed ozsat posted the procedure I was referring to above on The Rook thread.

So I'll just copy'n'paste what they put there.

Quote:
Try this - it might help:

On the V6 go to: Help & Settings -> Help -> Virgin TV -> Virgin TV Trouble Shooting -> Check for Missing Channels -> Missing Channels.

It sometimes works and refreshes your authorised list of channels - which is the first thing CS will try.

Sometimes get an error message though.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 19:16   #1091
trublue
cf.addict

I have recently purchased the Sony AF9 4k TV to go with my V6 and an old Yamaha AV.All I did was unplug the hdmi cable from the old tv and plugged it into the Sony. Everything worked as it should do and the UHD content looked great.But when I pressed the info button on the Sony remote,it said it was 1080 only.Looking in the setting section of the V6,the video out said 1080 as well and 2160 was greyed out. Surely if the V6 thinks I can only get 1080 content,the UHD content would be greyed out. So my question is,is it possible to get 4k even though the V6 says it's 1080.
Old 04-07-2019, 19:55   #1092
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Are connected directly from the V6 to the TV or are you going through the AV kit?

To get 4k, everything in the HDMI chain has to support it
Old 04-07-2019, 20:16   #1093
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Is the HDMI cable 4K capable?
Old 04-07-2019, 20:19   #1094
trublue
cf.addict

Thanks, Ben for your reply.

My AV doesn't support it.If I connect directly from the TV to the V6 it does say 2160, whether I'm watching SD/HD,is that because of the upscaling?

But surely,when connected via my AV,I should not be able to view any UHD content,but I can.BT UHD does/seem to look very good to me.If you say that you can watch UHD but it some how descales down to 1080,then I will have to get a new amp.This is so confusing!

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Is the HDMI cable 4K capable?
Yes, it is, as it works if I connect straight from the V6 to the TV.
Old 04-07-2019, 20:27   #1095
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

The V6 will downscale UHD if necessary.

Try connecting the amp to the 'ARC' HDMI socket on the TV, instead of going V6->amp->TV.
Alternatively, connect the amp by optical instead of HDMI.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote