Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UHD on Virgin Media

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

UHD on Virgin Media

Old 19-06-2019, 13:42   #1066
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

The BBC will show all Centre Court matches at Wimbledon in UHD via the BBC iPlayer and every match in HD for the first time also via the iPlayer
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-06-2019, 14:11   #1067
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

They have been in HD before via the BBC Sport app in TiVo - but not directly accessed from the iPlayer itself.

Have you got a link the the Wimbledon 2019 info?

EDIT (found one): https://www.tvbeurope.com/production...don-live-in-hd

I wonder if HLG will also be used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
The BBC will show all Centre Court matches at Wimbledon in UHD via the BBC iPlayer and every match in HD for the first time also via the iPlayer

Last edited by ozsat; 19-06-2019 at 14:15.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2019, 09:44   #1068
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Virgin Media is getting a good press about their Wimbledon coverage in 4K and HDR.

https://www.t3.com/news/virgin-media...hd-hdr-quality
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2019, 10:11   #1069
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Here's the full details as to what the BBC are doing:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/l...ledon-2019-uhd
Old 30-06-2019, 15:11   #1070
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Virgin Media is getting a good press about their Wimbledon coverage in 4K and HDR.

https://www.t3.com/news/virgin-media...hd-hdr-quality

Presumably all theory as Wimbledon hasn't started yet.

Time for plaudits is after a few days of coverage
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 14:17   #1071
ultraplex
cf.member

ultraplex is an unknown quantity at this point

Using the V6 box, iPlayer is not showing the centre court in UHD - the option is not showing up. Yet on my smart TV, UHD is showing up and available on iPlayer. Any ideas, please?
ultraplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 14:22   #1072
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraplex View Post
Using the V6 box, iPlayer is not showing the centre court in UHD - the option is not showing up. Yet on my smart TV, UHD is showing up and available on iPlayer. Any ideas, please?
go to all courts then centre court UHD should show it quality look great with HDR too not a fan of tennis but wanted to check quality
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 14:31   #1073
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

What model tv do you have? You may need to set it to show you have HDR external devices via HDMI.

Does Netflix HDR work on your V6?
Quote:
Old 02-07-2019, 14:56   #1074
ultraplex
cf.member

Thanks for the replies. Went to all courts but the centre court 'icon' does not show UHD whereas it does on my TV.

I have an LG OLED TV which does show the V6 Netflix app in UHD
Old 02-07-2019, 15:03   #1075
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
If you go into the iPlayer Settings screen on the V6 and the iPlayer Beta option, what UHD test do you see? Is it the same one as on your LG iPlayer app?
Old 02-07-2019, 15:11   #1076
ultraplex
cf.member

That's one thing I tried and there's no UHD test option showing on the V6 iPlayer but it does on the LG app.
Old 02-07-2019, 15:14   #1077
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Have you checked this menu? - https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinmu.../#4f6932656786
Old 02-07-2019, 15:20   #1078
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
That's one thing I tried and there's no UHD test option showing on the V6 iPlayer but it does on the LG app.
What's your exact TV model and which HDMI port is the V6 plugged into?
Old 02-07-2019, 15:37   #1079
ultraplex
cf.member

It's an LG OLED55E6V and the V6 is plugged into HDMI2

---------- Post added at 15:37 ---------- Previous post was at 15:31 ----------

I've just checked the Forbes link and switched HDMI2 Deep Colour to 'on' and it's worked - the UHD option for the centre court is showing on my V6 iPlayer.

Many thanks to you all for your help.
Old 02-07-2019, 15:39   #1080
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Glad it's working

Quote:
[/COLOR]I've just checked the Forbes link and switched HDMI2 Deep Colour to 'on' and it's worked - the UHD option for the centre court is showing on my V6 iPlayer.

Many thanks to you all for your help.