Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures
Closed Thread

Old 23-05-2020, 13:44   #61
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
I think some peoples pathological hatred of cummings is clouding their judgement and exagerating a none story in the hope of exacting revenge for the outcome of the referendum.
Spot on.

The hounding of this man is really pathetic because he "won" Brexit. People need to seriously get a bloody grip.

He just left his London home with a scrum of press outside, not Social distancing, when he neared, he had to remind them. Absolute bunch of hypocrites. They couldn't give a stuff about Covid-19, just want to diminish this man because he won "Brexit". So pathetic how some people are and the press.
Advertisement
Old 23-05-2020, 13:45   #62
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures

Quote:
I just don't like to see someone bullied for looking after his family by people who hate him because of the referendum
Old 23-05-2020, 13:50   #63
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
On 23rd March, at the government briefing, the Deputy Chief Medical officer made it explicitly clear that seeking childcare while you are ill is an exceptional circumstance and is within the rules.
What she actually said

Quote:
Clearly if you have adults who are unable to look after a small child, that is an exceptional circumstance
Not “if you speculate that you might become too ill”. If he was too ill to do so how could he safely drive 260 miles? A journey that reasonably would take four and a half hours.
Old 23-05-2020, 13:52   #64
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I just don't like to see someone bullied for looking after his family by people who hate him because of the referendum
The arch bully gets bullied?! If so, sometimes there's justice. If there was nothing to hide why has this been kept quiet for so long?

It does seem to be different rules for different people. That Jenrick bloke broke the lockdown too, to see Mummsy and Daddsy. - no action taken either. If you're a minister or Bozza's chum, the rules don't apply.
Old 23-05-2020, 13:52   #65
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Spot on.

The hounding of this man is really pathetic because he "won" Brexit. People need to seriously get a bloody grip.

He just left his London home with a scrum of press outside, not Social distancing, when he neared, he had to remind them. Absolute bunch of hypocrites. They couldn't give a stuff about Covid-19, just want to diminish this man because he won "Brexit". So pathetic how some people are and the press.
Equally Mick there are some defending him because he delivered Brexit, and would simply be frothing at the mouth if this was Diane Abbott.

The Brexit divide is a two way street.
Old 23-05-2020, 13:54   #66
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
On 23rd March, at the government briefing, the Deputy Chief Medical officer made it explicitly clear that seeking childcare while you are ill is an exceptional circumstance and is within the rules.
It's not as bad as when I initially posted the story but it's still not great. The Government advice was to not to leave the children with their grandparents:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...-dont-17945774

Quote:
Mr Johnson reminded families not to turn to vulnerable relatives to look after children as the elderly and people with underlying health conditions were urged to distance themselves from others.

He told today's press conference: "Children should not be left with older grandparents or older relatives who may be particularly vulnerable."
Cummings didn't just do this. He drove up to Durham to do this.

He has a good job and he is also a key-workers allowing him to send the kids to school and/or pay for childcare.

This is probably a dilemma for families across Britain and they were explicitly told not to give children to their grandparents by Boris Johnson and would have made alternative arrangements.

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask why Cummings is exempt from that? It's an exceptional circumstance to break the self-isolation rules to seek medical care and/or care for your children. It's a push to say that involves travelling 250 miles to give them to your Parents when the Prime Minister whom you advise has told other people, the public, not to do that.
Old 23-05-2020, 13:57   #67
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
What she actually said

Not “if you speculate that you might become too ill”. If he was too ill to do so how could he safely drive 260 miles? A journey that reasonably would take four and a half hours.
At it again, jfman. Obviously he wasn't too ill to drive safely otherwise .. All you're doing is taking joy at criticising the man.

My advice is at your risk.
Old 23-05-2020, 13:59   #68
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Equally Mick there are some defending him because he delivered Brexit, and would simply be frothing at the mouth if this was Diane Abbott.

The Brexit divide is a two way street.
Bollocks. I am defending him because he broke no rules, or broke any laws, big bloody difference, so don't you come to me with this kind of BS.

Other thing is - I even defended Labour's Stephen Kinnock who visited his parents dropping off essentials to a vulnerable group, his elderly parents.
Old 23-05-2020, 14:01   #69
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Other thing is - I even defended Labour's Stephen Kinnock who visited his parents dropping off essentials to a vulnerable group, his elderly parents.
Which you are allowed to do.

You are not meant to get them to provide child care as they are a vulnerable group. Also Stephen Kinnock, like Jennrick who was accused of the same thing, were not self-isolating at the time either.
Old 23-05-2020, 14:01   #70
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
The issue is not about bullying, the issue is: Why is there one set of rules for Dominic Cummings and another for the likes of everyone else? As Damien has pointed out, Boris "...told today's press conference: "Children should not be left with older grandparents or older relatives who may be particularly vulnerable."

I've also regularly praised the Chancellor who's a Brexiter, as a review of these forums will demonstrate.

What's interesting now is that Dominic Cummings has stepped up and defended his actions in person. It will be interesting to see how this plays out as the evidence is stacked solidly against him.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 23-05-2020 at 14:07.
Old 23-05-2020, 14:02   #71
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Bollocks. I am defending him because he broke no rules, or broke any laws, big bloody difference, so don't you come to me with this kind of BS.

I didn’t mean you specifically, which is why I said some, and I do recall you defending Stephen Kinnock so I wasn’t levelling the accusation at you.
Old 23-05-2020, 14:08   #72
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Which you are allowed to do.

You are not meant to get them to provide child care as they are a vulnerable group.
That is meant in general or what is usually the norm.

Mr Cummings and his wife had suspected Covid-19. So they left their child with their parents to look after, that is not forbidden.

Nearly every Cabinet member backing Cummings. Government staying hard and fast on this one and I don't blame them. They should, he did nothing wrong.
Old 23-05-2020, 14:09   #73
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
The issue is not about bullying, the issue is: Why is there one set of rules for Dominic Cummings and another for the likes of everyone else? As Damien has pointed out, Boris "...told today's press conference: "Children should not be left with older grandparents or older relatives who may be particularly vulnerable."
The PM Boris Johnson himself pointed this out yesterday.

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/sta...07261086392320

Quote:
If you have symptoms of coronavirus, you should self-isolate and get yourself tested.
The Conservative party on their own Facebook account stated this a little while back.

Quote:
. It quotes the Prime Minister saying “if you have symptoms of coronavirus, you should self isolate and get yourself tested...Don’t risk spreading the virus.”
https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/st...237313/photo/1

The messages can't be any clearer but it obviously does not apply to the government and its advisors.
Old 23-05-2020, 14:15   #74
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
I didn’t mean you specifically, which is why I said some, and I do recall you defending Stephen Kinnock so I wasn’t levelling the accusation at you.
WTF - You didn't mean me specifically but then accuse me of potential vilifying of Diane Abbott if she had done same.

Do you actually have a clue of what you're saying to folk, seriously?

---------- Post added at 14:15 ---------- Previous post was at 14:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The PM Boris Johnson himself pointed this out yesterday.

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/sta...07261086392320

The Conservative party on their own Facebook account stated this a little while back.

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/st...237313/photo/1

The messages can't be any clearer but it obviously does not apply to the government and its advisors.
So one cannot self isolate in a car, how is a parent meant to get their child to be babysat with trusted parties then?
Old 23-05-2020, 14:18   #75
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
That is meant in general or what is usually the norm.

Mr Cummings and his wife had suspected Covid-19. So they left their child with their parents to look after, that is not forbidden.
But Boris Johnson explicitly said not to do this. Doing it when you have COVID-19 is even worse! The whole point of not moving around the country and not seeing relatives is to avoid spreading the virus.

Breaking self-isolation is to think childcare I think is understandable, travelling 250 miles to your parents so they can provide that childcare is not IMO. Could they really not do this with someone in London?
Closed Thread