Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures
Closed Thread

Old 23-05-2020, 11:22   #46
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Stop it, my friend. Cummings' only consideration was for his child.
I’m sure his consideration was his circumstances and his child. Nobody is doubting that. It’s his deciding to potentially put that above the law and the guidance which is under scrutiny.

The guidance was clear. Households should isolate themselves. Not to bring other people into it. If he had symptoms then there was every chance his children could have carried it, and spread it to the grandparents - over 70 and at risk. This was specifically the type of scenario that guidance was designed to prevent.
Advertisement
Old 23-05-2020, 11:23   #47
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
And l am not sure you understand the governments own Coronavirus advice whether it was from the Prime Minister or government ministers.

The populace understood it well so why can't you...
Exactly. The same applied to Dr Catherine Calderwood who was also somewhat hesitant in resigning. It's about someone in a position of authority following the rules.
Old 23-05-2020, 11:27   #48
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
So you obviously think No.10 considers Dominic Cumming's career far more important that the viability of its lock-down strategy then papa?.
I have no opinion on the thoughts of the Government as they are not in the public domain,if i was to assume to know their thoughts i would just be making an ass of u and me
Old 23-05-2020, 11:29   #49
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

This witch hunt just because of Cummings' political profile is a poor show.
Reminding someone in authority to do the honourable thing and resign because they broke the rules they helped with is not a witch hunt. This is now a millstone around Johnson's neck which cannot be blamed on political opponents.
As Den has reminded us, there have been two precedents before. Why do you think he should be treated any differently?
Old 23-05-2020, 11:45   #50
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

So let me get this straight, two parents with suspected Covid-19 do the responsible thing and leave their child with parents. No one would ever consider breaking the gov rules to save their children?

But wait, leaving the home for a “medical reason” is justified and allowed.

I see this is just some lame point scoring by Remainers. Some of you really piss me off with your bullshit reasonings.

This Cummings non-bombshell story is Pathetic and weak and so are those who think Cummings was irresponsible and broke the rules and should be fired or resign, when he certainly did not. Those of you in this category, you need to stop your butt hurt over Brexit, you lost several times in Democratic processes.
Old 23-05-2020, 11:59   #51
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
So let me get this straight, two parents with suspected Covid-19 do the responsible thing and leave their child with parents. No one would ever consider breaking the gov rules to save their children?

But wait, leaving the home for a “medical reason” is justified and allowed.

I see this is just some lame point scoring by Remainers. Some of you really piss me off with your bullshit reasonings.

This Cummings non-bombshell story is Pathetic and weak and so are those who think Cummings was irresponsible and broke the rules and should be fired or resign, when he certainly did not. Those of you in this category, you need to stop your butt hurt over Brexit, you lost several times in Democratic processes.
It's not about Brexit, Mick. The people voted for it, and in 2019 voted for a Government to deliver it. Fair is fair. Politicians that wanted to remain had opportunities via the opposition and didn't do it, that's their fault.

Whether anyone would consider the same action as Cummings as reasonable for their own kids isn't relevant. Nowhere, anywhere, did it say in the guidance to remove your kids from the situation, or across the country, if someone in your household has coronavirus. You had to isolate for 14 days with the very significant risk you'd transmit it amongst yourselves.

The urge for him to resign is just the natural way of things - everything needs a resignation. Scotland's CMO, the Professor with the mistress, it's simply untenable to insist the public follow rules that you will not. You can't stand up there, apologise for being an idiot and move on.

Politics would probably be better off, and much less polarised, if you could.

Last edited by Paul; 23-05-2020 at 14:34. Reason: Stop ....
Old 23-05-2020, 12:09   #52
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

I'm not politically affiliated to any of the dorks, and I believe he did wrong

Anyway, as I feel a little unwell today - may or may not be Covid - I've decided, for the protection of my family here at home, to self isolate for 14 days in a rather nice self contained holiday home on the south coast.

Goose Gander and all that
Old 23-05-2020, 12:17   #53
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
It's not about Brexit, Mick. The people voted for it, and in 2019 voted for a Government to deliver it. Fair is fair. Politicians that wanted to remain had opportunities via the opposition and didn't do it, that's their fault.

Whether anyone would consider the same action as Cummings as reasonable for their own kids isn't relevant. Nowhere, anywhere, did it say in the guidance to remove your kids from the situation, or across the country, if someone in your household has coronavirus. You had to isolate for 14 days with the very significant risk you'd transmit it amongst yourselves.

The urge for him to resign is just the natural way of things - everything needs a resignation. Scotland's CMO, the Professor with the mistress, it's simply untenable to insist the public follow rules that you will not. You can't stand up there, apologise for being an idiot and move on.

Politics would probably be better off, and much less polarised, if you could.
Agree 100%.
I think some people's admiration for Cummings - inside and outside Government - is blocking them from accepting his need to resign. As Den suggests, the public aren't fools and there is now a competent opposition leader so the current situation will not last.
Old 23-05-2020, 13:07   #54
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures

Pulled out posts from Coronavirus thread as it had become distracted by a non-story.

If members want to discuss the ridiculousness of this non-story, be my guest, but you will do it in a separate topic that I can choose to avoid if I wish. One other thing, I will not be attacked again on here, or accused of censorship, on a forum I co-own, next member who does will find their account terminated and I will show you what "real" censorship is.
Old 23-05-2020, 13:31   #55
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Agree 100%.
I think some people's admiration for Cummings - inside and outside Government - is blocking them from accepting his need to resign. As Den suggests, the public aren't fools and there is now a competent opposition leader so the current situation will not last.
I think some peoples pathological hatred of cummings is clouding their judgement and exagerating a none story in the hope of exacting revenge for the outcome of the referendum.
Old 23-05-2020, 13:32   #56
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

It's not often I agree with this bloke:-
https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/stat...402454534?s=20
Old 23-05-2020, 13:39   #57
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
It's not often I agree with this bloke:-
https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/stat...402454534?s=20
Well only when it suits your agenda.
Old 23-05-2020, 13:41   #58
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
Well only when it suits your agenda.
Calm down Smurf, you're sounding a bit 'bitter and twisted'
Old 23-05-2020, 13:41   #59
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

On 23rd March, at the government briefing, the Deputy Chief Medical officer made it explicitly clear that seeking childcare while you are ill is an exceptional circumstance and is within the rules.
Old 23-05-2020, 13:43   #60
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Calm down Smurf, you're sounding a bit 'bitter and twisted'
I just don't like to see someone bullied for looking after his family by people who hate him because of the referendum