Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Outstanding amount - Not a customer

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Outstanding amount - Not a customer

Old 28-04-2014, 22:51   #31
lowei
Inactive

Services: BT INFINITY sky hd
lowei has a spectacular aura about themlowei has a spectacular aura about themlowei has a spectacular aura about themlowei has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Outstanding amount - Not a customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
Received a letter from Virgin mobile today and only after opening it realised it was addressed to a different name but at my address. It is an overdue account letter and I don't have any accounts with VM. No one else has ever lived at my property as it is newly built, so either a mistake or fraud.
Was this a phone delivered to your house? Or can they not tell you where the contract for the bill started if it wasn't at your address

---------- Post added at 22:51 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------

This is a template used by national debitline which i have used in the past.

HOME ADDRESS

DATE

COMPANY ADDRESS

Dear Sir/Madam

Account No: XXXXXXXXXXX

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (COMPANY NAME).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

SIGNATURE
lowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-04-2014, 11:12   #32
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowei View Post
Was this a phone delivered to your house? Or can they not tell you where the contract for the bill started if it wasn't at your address
They won't tell me, due to the data protection act they claim. Trying to find out if they have made a mistake or if a phone was delivered here has been impossible, because they won't tell me. If I knew that one had, I could at least get in touch with the builders and let them know one of their staff had committed some kind of fraud. At the same time, I think it could be a mistake as Royalmail had no postcode for this address before I moved in and it took a few weeks to get that sorted. Also, the bill is for £700 and I don't see how someone could have got a bill so high for an address that only had a front door for a few months.

Cheers for the letter template, will be using most of it as part of a bigger letter
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 13:39   #33
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Luckily it's not in my name, so a little different to what is in the link but I still think there has been some kind of fraud.

It's about time mobile companies did some proper checks on people taking out contracts and getting phones with them.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 07:43   #34
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Someone registered a Car to my address and i had to get the Police involved after police arrived at my door step claiming that the car was registered to a person at my address and had driven away from a scene of an accident without stopping.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote