Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Lost Girl, Season 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Lost Girl, Season 2

Old 16-01-2012, 16:26   #1
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Services: EE Superfast Broadband
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Lost Girl, Season 2

Well, we're off! A good start, and Bo's in trouble already. Who is that creepy little girl?

And we didn't get to hear Lauren's side of things, dammit! Not fair!

On the other hand, her talking science in her sleep was a nice little touch, which will be incorporated into my fanfic at some point. There's opportunity there for Bo to poke a little gentle fun, and there's no way I can resist it...

I do hope Bo can get Dyson back; that really wasn't fair, losing him like that.

Oh well, roll on Saturday!
Advertisement
Old 23-01-2012, 19:06   #2
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Anonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appealAnonymouse has a bronzed appeal
Re: Lost Girl, Season 2

Isn't anyone going to comment here? Oh,well, I guess I'll have to do it. Work, work, work...

Interesting that the Light Elders (whoever's left, that is) seemingly don't know that Trick's the Blood King...even more interesting that they apparently don't know Aoife's back. I wonder if she hit the Dark Elders at the same time?

And Bo looked sensational in that dress; I still think an LBD would've suited her better, but she really pulled it off. Shame Dyson didn't pull it off for her...dammit, there should be some sort of answer to the Norn's hoodoo, they were just about to work things out! Not fair!

Yeah, yeah, I'm a romantic at heart. So shoot me already.
Old 24-01-2012, 01:54   #3
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
[FONT=Arial]Isn't anyone going to comment here?
Im watching it on US Timeline, so cant really comment in here.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 16:26   #4
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

So it seems the new Ash is even more of a dipstick than the last one. Making poor Lauren kneel before him - gaah, could he have done anything worse to seriously tick Bo off? Or was that the idea?

And if they don't stop Bo finding out stuff she needs to know...first the Blackthorn turns up just as she's asking Trick about the Norn (is she going to try to tackle that harridan? Eep!), then the Ash barges in just as Lauren's about to explain herself. Yeah, yeah, we've got 22 episodes, so plenty of time and opportunity, but it's still frustrating! I am so looking forward to Bo giving the Ash a piece of her mind...and then a piece of her fist! Now that would be a fight worth seeing!

And where were Lauren and Bo? Was that Lauren's apartment? It was what I'd expect, i.e. stylish and tasteful.

The show's definitely improving - not that Season 1 wasn't great, of course. Benjamin Pinkerton (the music composer) is definitely upping his already high game; I loved the background music for the stag hunt. Great stuff!

One more thing, and it's something that's driven me mad for years. It's not just Lost Girl, either: what is it about episode titles that our various channels don't/won't/can't show them? They do in the States. Why not here? It's so annoying.
Old 30-01-2012, 17:34   #5
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
It's not just Lost Girl, either: what is it about episode titles that our various channels don't/won't/can't show them? They do in the States. Why not here? It's so annoying.
Huh ?

Old 30-01-2012, 18:14   #6
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
One more thing, and it's something that's driven me mad for years. It's not just Lost Girl, either: what is it about episode titles that our various channels don't/won't/can't show them? They do in the States. Why not here? It's so annoying.
It depends on the series. Some series show the episode title, some do not. Lost Girl doesn't - it's not because of our channels, it's simply because it doesn't show it.

I've just checked an episode which I... watched in Canada... No title.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2012, 18:27   #7
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Oh, right. There should be a sheepish smiley. I've been annoyed about this for years...apparently without cause. Oh well; thanks!
Old 04-02-2012, 16:09   #8
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Ooh, I'm having fun at the moment, writing fanfic - mostly rated M by fanfiction.net, I'm afraid. Well, hell, it's a sexy show, why not?

So far, if anyone's interested, I've posted: Aftermath; Up, Up And A-Fae!; Vexed II: The Reckoning; and Homeward Bound, And Back Again. I'm currently working on Schooling A Succubus, and I've got an outline for EmanciFaetion. Bo tends to have a rather sexy time in my fics.

Blame my muse, not me. She's weird. I'd have her committed for therapy, if I could only figure out how.
Old 20-02-2012, 15:38   #9
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Well, how about that? Bo and Lauren have finally admitted they're crazy about each other and are back on, yay!

Except for the mysterious Nadia (and how the hell did the Morrigan know about her?) - here's my guess: terminally ill, on life support/in stasis, and Lauren's dependent on what we might broadly define as the Ash's charity re research to help/cure her. That's blackmail. He's a git. The last one was, too, though Lachlan's definitely worse. He's definitely heading for an epic vengeance beatdown delivered by Bo if he hurts either Kenzi or Lauren. Can't wait!

But I did like Lauren apparently developing a spine and talking back to the Ash. Go Lauren!

It seems they haven't had The Talk yet - they'll have to, though, now Bo knows about Nadia. Something else to look forward to...

And Kenzi & Hale were priceless as ever; Hale gives her a hangover cure, she asks, "Will you marry me?" and he immediately quips, "Nah, you drink too much." - it's moments like this that, for me, make shows like Lost Girl. "Would you like pancakes with your syrup?", indeed. Mind you, I once had a friend who liked coffee with her sugar. Go figure.

It was intriguing to find out a bit more about milady Morrigan, at last, but I have a query: according to Wikipedia her first name is Ebony, but when Bo found, and was nearly shot by, Jason, just before his meltdown, it didn't sound like that. I couldn't hear a 'b' sound, nor did their lips appear to form it - more like 'v' if anything. So what is her first name?

She is, however, as devious and callous as I've been writing her in my current fanfic, which I found immensely satisfying. Go me!
Old 25-02-2012, 16:41   #10
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Apparently I was right; the Morrigan's first name is Evony. I think I'll correct the Wikipedia entry at some point.

From my own fanfic Of Life & Death, Truth & Lies:

There came a sharp rap at the front door. Bo crouched defensively; Trick motioned her to be still and edged cautiously to the door. “Who comes without?”
“Without what?” asked a chirpy voice from…well, from without. Bo sagged in relief. “It’s Kenzi. Let her in, Trick.”

- this, to me, is pure Kenzi.
Old 28-02-2012, 14:42   #11
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Oooooooohhh, that outfit of Bo's...the costume designer certainly knows how to make the most of those delicious curves, doesn't s/he? <tongue hanging out>

And I loved seeing Kenzi get wide-eyed and lustful over the dancers - without freaking out about it, i.e. 'Girls? Me? Eew!'

Wasn't the Hand of Glory mentioned in Harry Potter...?

It seems something is happening to the Fae; I wonder how long it'll be before milady Morrigan deigns to take notice and tells the Ash to put a stop to it? - as if he could; this has to be connected with the warning Bo got from that creepy little girl about 'something ancient and terrible'. I hope she had the sense to tell Trick about that, though I have a feeling she didn't.

And how the hell is an old masonry nail going to help Nadia? More to the point, I have my suspicions about that - how did Nadia catch a Fae disease, being the only human there who did? Moreover, what was the Ash doing in the Congo? Hmm. I rather suspect foul, i.e. Fae, play here...
Old 05-03-2012, 15:22   #12
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Well, it seems I was right about the foul play - my first suspect for cursing Nadia: the Ash. What a devious, despicable way of recruiting someone; if he weren't lying in a coma, he'd be due for an epic vengeance beat-down! That's the sort of behaviour I'd expect of milady Morrigan!

And what the hell was with Bo? What was that?! (apart from cool, amazing and dowright scary!) Was there someone/thing else speaking through her? There have been hints as to her being special and unusually powerful, but nothing like that.

Oddly, I sort of predicted this in my fanfic, specifically Homeward Bound, And Back Again (fanfiction.net); the publication date proves I wrote this bit - the very last - before this ep was shown in the UK:

“Trick,” Lou Ann said quietly, “there’s something else. One of my talents as a midwife is to sense what abilities the newborn has. So I knew she was a succubus from the moment she opened her eyes,” she mused, “but…there was something more, something…different, strange. What is she, Trick?”
The same question had occurred to him more than once, of course. “To be honest,” he told her frankly, “I truly wish I knew.”

And Kenzi & Hale are keeping up the good work; I loved Kenzi's expression when she discovered how seriously ripped Hale is!
Old 10-03-2012, 14:08   #13
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

It's getting more and more interesting! Our creepy little girl has a name, the Nain Rouge. And who is Ysabeau? - obvious suspicion: whoever/whatever was speaking through Bo in last week's ep.

Shame on Hale, though; he's in Ciara's body not even a minute and he's feelin' her up!

But Dyson as Kenzi was just precious; she certainly made the most of the experience! But full marks to her for integrity, by not telling Bo Dyson's feelings for Ciara...especially as I suspect he's not as into her as she is into him. Or was I imagining the look on his face when they were shown making out in an earlier ep?

I bet she was dying to tell Bo on the grounds that it'd at least give her best friend hope, but she proved how strong she is and didn't do it. Good for her!

Zoie played crazy with a degree of wide-eyed relish, I thought; she seemed to be having fun there. I loved it.

And what's with the Ash and what appears to be a spare head?! Or is that his real head and the one he's sporting is someone else's? What's up with that?!

And - bingo night? Seriously? Oh, Trick, the previous Ash was right - you have been behind that bar too long!
Old 10-03-2012, 15:15   #14
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

What ep are you up to in the UK ?

Old 12-03-2012, 14:30   #15
Anonymouse
RIP Tigger - 12 years?!

Last Thursday's was ep 2.09, Original Skin. This Thursday's ep will be Raging Fae.

Yesterday I finally realised who Bo and Kenzi remind me of: Xena and Gabrielle! Now there would be a bitch fight for sure! Who'd win?

Actually, I suspect Xena would...because with all due respect to Kenzi and her courage (which she claims not to have, though this is the girl who stood up to the Ash for Lauren's sake when she doesn't even really like her, and who belted Baba Yaga - her worst childhood nightmare - over the head with her own frying pan), I'm pretty sure Gabrielle would wipe the floor with Kenzi and that'd leave Bo vs. the two of them.

It'd be something to watch, though!

Hmm...fanfiction.net has a crossover section...I wonder...!