Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Who to contact when neighbour's phone is faulty?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Who to contact when neighbour's phone is faulty?

Old 23-09-2020, 19:59   #1
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Who to contact when neighbour's phone is faulty?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I am desperate. My elderly neighbour's phone is continuously engaged, they are very vulnerable people and would not be able to phone 999 in an emergency. I can't find the fault number on line please help.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-09-2020, 20:31   #2
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Who to contact when neighbour's phone is faulty?

Assuming the phone is seated properly , my Dad was a begger at not putting the hand piece back properly and I would have to get BT to send a signal down the line.

It was so simple when we all had BT lines and it's possible that your neighbour still has a BT line. Maybe you could try the BT help line From the UK: 0800 800 150.

I don't know if you would get to actually speak to someone but it's probably worth a shot.

Other than that you would need to try to find out who their provider is. Who do they pay?
Old 23-09-2020, 23:38   #3
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Thanks for that Jo, will try again tomorrow for them. Their line is completely dead when you lift the handset.
Old 24-09-2020, 00:44   #4
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

I'd try a different handset. Handsets are notorious for just dying. Test it with another if u can.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2020, 08:46   #5
Tinky
To err is human

Many thanks for that Alan, I have an old handset I can try.
Old 26-09-2020, 08:23   #6
Tinky
To err is human

Unfortunately their phone system is antiquated and my handset could not be tested. However, after unsuccessfully trying once again for half an hour last night to contact BT on their helpline 0800 800 151, I finally found an on line chat function here on this page.
I finally got some action and they are making it a priority for engineers to fix. whew!
Old 26-09-2020, 11:45   #7
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Well done Tinky. I too have an elderly and very vunerable neighbour. I used to be able to call in and see her each morning but as we too are in lockdown my contact with her has been reduced to a long natter on the phone every morning. At least I have John with me it must be terrible to have no one. My neighbour says that she sometimes feels like a Zoo exhibit. All her neighbours come to her front window and wave.