Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 06-10-2020, 15:21   #136
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

The old V6 remote is for TiVo and is based on the original US TiVo remotes.

I don't think they would be allowed to use the design for a non-TiVo product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecatt73 View Post
The remote's very different (and much nicer IMO).
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2020, 16:46   #137
bluecatt73
cf.member

Services: M250 Broadband, Mega TV, Sky Sports HD, Netflix, Disney+
bluecatt73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
The old V6 remote is for TiVo and is based on the original US TiVo remotes.

I don't think they would be allowed to use the design for a non-TiVo product.
I agree. The lack of anything remotely (pun intended) TiVo in the new software is also conspicuous, I think (thumbs, suggestions, wishlists, etc.).

Edit: I guess that should be firmware?

Last edited by bluecatt73; 06-10-2020 at 16:47. Reason: Mistake
bluecatt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 17:42   #138
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Proper series links should follow - thumbs/suggestions I never used - wishlists would be great as they are move reliable than series links.
Old 06-10-2020, 20:40   #139
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

It sounds like Virgin 360 is aimed to be very similar to SkyQ.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 15:49   #140
ozsat
cf.mega poster

360 updated to 4.27 - no idea what's new
Old 08-10-2020, 16:32   #141
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

Any dates for a full UK roll out?
JMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 16:41   #142
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

I would think it would be very slow, like V+ to TiVo to V6.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 20:05   #143
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Isn't the main box and hardware just the same as the current Arris STB, so it will only be an upgrade to the new Horizon/360 firmware and then the multi-room/mini-box added on either by self-install or an engineer if extra coax is needed? If and when roll out begins.
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 20:24   #144
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
Isn't the main box and hardware just the same as the current Arris STB, so it will only be an upgrade to the new Horizon/360 firmware and then the multi-room/mini-box added on either by self-install or an engineer if extra coax is needed? If and when roll out begins.
There has been, AFAIK, any suggestion that the current V6 hardware can or will receive the Horizon software.
Old 08-10-2020, 23:35   #145
paul0363
cf.member

paul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
360 updated to 4.27 - no idea what's new
Got this from a friend in Holland who has the Ziggo version of the 360.

What has been changed in 4.27?
Bug fixes

The App Store could sometimes not be opened, this resulted in error code CS2401
The media box sometimes did not respond to the remote control for a short time
The set HDMI resolution on the media box sometimes changed from 4K to 1080p. Sometimes the other way around. All cases where the set resolution changes without any action from the user should be resolved.
When playing a paused live TV session, you briefly got a black screen

Improvement of ease of use and other adjustments:

By simulating the buttons on the remote control with voice control commands, you can now use some voice control commands in Youtube. For example: 'pause', 'play', 'go back'.

I don't know how much applies to the VM version but the You Tube voice control definitely works!

Last edited by paul0363; 08-10-2020 at 23:44.
paul0363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 09:11   #146
ozsat
cf.mega poster

May be the same.

The media box does not respond for a short time. I've had this a few times on both boxes - and still have it after the 4.27 upgrade I think. I assumed it was something like a data refresh hodling it up.

Seen the CS2401 twice on mini-box only - not in past week or so.

Never see an HDMI change - set to auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0363 View Post
Got this from a friend in Holland who has the Ziggo version of the 360.

What has been changed in 4.27?
Bug fixes

The App Store could sometimes not be opened, this resulted in error code CS2401
The media box sometimes did not respond to the remote control for a short time
The set HDMI resolution on the media box sometimes changed from 4K to 1080p. Sometimes the other way around. All cases where the set resolution changes without any action from the user should be resolved.
When playing a paused live TV session, you briefly got a black screen

Improvement of ease of use and other adjustments:

By simulating the buttons on the remote control with voice control commands, you can now use some voice control commands in Youtube. For example: 'pause', 'play', 'go back'.

I don't know how much applies to the VM version but the You Tube voice control definitely works!
Old 13-10-2020, 10:39   #147
bluecatt73
cf.member

Services: M250 Broadband, Mega TV, Sky Sports HD, Netflix, Disney+
bluecatt73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Still no fix for odd problem with series recordings - when you watch an episode of a programme for which you have a series link, and then delete it, the box will record the same episode if it is repeated. This has happened twice to me. Once before 4.27 and once since. I read in the VM community forum that they're aware and it should be fixed in a future update, but not yet it seems!
bluecatt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2020, 21:05   #148
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
I’m not so sure. Horizon 360 is already being launched on V6s in Ireland. I would be surprised if adapting this for use over here on the very same boxes would have caused that many problems.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2020, 21:29   #149
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I’m not so sure. Horizon 360 is already being launched on V6s in Ireland. I would be surprised if adapting this for use over here on the very same boxes would have caused that many problems.
Ireland never had V6 hardware before now.
They are introducing it as TV 360, same as UK.
I see no credible evidence that the uptake of TV 360 in the UK will be other than slow. I don’t see Horizon software being downloaded onto V6 TiVo to make it into a TV 360.

---------- Post added at 20:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

This is what Ireland had before the very recent announcement of TV 360:

https://www.virginmedia.ie/customer-.../tv/virgin-tv/
Old 13-10-2020, 23:43   #150
Helix
cf.addict

Services: Full House Bundle with Tivo V6
Helix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really niceHelix is just really nice

Quote:
Ireland never had V6 hardware before now.
They are introducing it as TV 360, same as UK.
I see no credible evidence that the uptake of TV 360 in the UK will be other than slow. I don’t see Horizon software being downloaded onto V6 TiVo to make it into a TV 360.[COLOR="Silver"]
This post on AVForums seems to suggest they were just sent new remotes and received a software update to Horizon to an existing V6 box

https://www.avforums.com/threads/vir.../post-28419330

Maybe Virgin are trying out 2 approaches, new equipment or upgrade to existing equipment.
Helix is offline   Reply With Quote