Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 11-07-2021, 07:14   #841
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobbie8 View Post
I've had the 360 software for a few months now, I'm pleased with it and have not had many issues to note.
I do miss being able to choose a tuner and rewind, although I've found the 'restart' option has filled in for most things I watch.

How is everybody else finding the 360?
It took a little getting used to but I like the 360. Once I stopped thinking V6 and started thinking 360 I began to enjoy it. The remote control is much neater than the clunky V6 variety (I like the backlights) and the GUI is light-years ahead. I find the interface fast and easy to use. There is still room for improvement and features to be added - sooner rather than later, I hope. But the thing I really, really miss is the All4 app and access to the very watchable foreign drama series there (neither of my smart TVs has this app built-in).
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2021, 07:40   #842
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
I have 3 tivo boxes so i assume we're still unable to move to horizon software without an engineer coming?
Correct
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 08:45   #843
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
It’s good. My wife and I have our own watchlists, and there is a separate wish list for both of us. Bookmarks are much easier to set..
Really? Am I missing the trick here?
I can't find the Bookmark function. Is it called something else, and if so how does it work?
I find the Search function to be very poor, compared to the V6. It is a hit or miss affair and not as comprehensive in searching titles, actors, directors or genres.
Sorry I ever transitioned to the 360. Big mistake.
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 10:51   #844
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
Really? Am I missing the trick here?
I can't find the Bookmark function. Is it called something else, and if so how does it work?
I find the Search function to be very poor, compared to the V6. It is a hit or miss affair and not as comprehensive in searching titles, actors, directors or genres.
Sorry I ever transitioned to the 360. Big mistake.
On the 360, the 'watchlist' function is where you bookmark your shows for later viewing. When you search for a programme or click the show from the guide, if it is available on demand, the 'watchlist' option appears next to the record option.

If you want to separate these bookmarked programmes for you and your wife, select profiles by pressing the button on the right hand side of the remote.

I have not encountered a problem with the search function, to be honest, but I search only by titles, not by actors, genres, etc.
Old 11-07-2021, 11:32   #845
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0363 View Post
List taken from my 360:

Al Jazeera
BBC iPlayer
BBC Sounds
CNN
Deutsche Welle
France 24
My5
Netflix
Prime Video
RadioLine
STV Player
TV Upgrades
Vevo
VM Store
Wall Street Journal
You Tube

I believe ITV Hub is available south of the border (I'm in Scotland so it's not on my box).

Apart from All4 the only other streamers that seem to be missing, from memory, are PlutoTV (although some of its content is avaialble via My5) and MTV Play.
Please could someone confirm whether the above list is still current, and All4, Pluto TV and MTV Play are not yet available on the 360?

If the missing apps were added, along with the addition of Disney+ and Discovery+, that would get me to switch over, now that the Series Link issue appears to be fixed.

Last edited by SonicMaster; 11-07-2021 at 11:57.
SonicMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 11:50   #846
fox35
cf.addict

fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
On the 360, the 'watchlist' function is where you bookmark your shows for later viewing. When you search for a programme or click the show from the guide, if it is available on demand, the 'watchlist' option appears next to the record option.

If you want to separate these bookmarked programmes for you and your wife, select profiles by pressing the button on the right hand side of the remote.

I have not encountered a problem with the search function, to be honest, but I search only by titles, not by actors, genres, etc.
Thanks OB, I will try to get my head around it! However, does the Search facility then "Watchlist" function work with Prime Video too? I am already aware of the Netflix situation.

Last edited by fox35; 11-07-2021 at 12:02.
Old 11-07-2021, 12:10   #847
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Yes, Prime Video assets can be added to TV 360 Watchlist.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 584243E0-66BE-424B-8C3A-E6CCF1C0810F.jpeg (721.5 KB, 36 views)
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 12:19   #848
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Seems counterintuitive to only be able to Bookmark in a Watchlist.

The obvious (IMHO anyway) way to implement it is have a Bookmark option on every separate piece of programming (that's compatible) and/or a 1-press option on the EPG.

I so little use the Seach function I forgot there's a dedicated button on the V6 remote.

Everyone's different though.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 12:30   #849
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Of course, you can add to Watchlist from the Guide:
Attached Images
File Type: png C7DB0503-6327-4520-A9CF-D9277FF84AF4.png (624.0 KB, 49 views)
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 13:11   #850
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Of course, you can add to Watchlist from the Guide:
Thanks.

I think when I read Watchlist I think of something it maybe isn't.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 15:49   #851
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Thanks.

I think when I read Watchlist I think of something it maybe isn't.
Yes, it’s a watchlist, not a wish list!
Old 11-07-2021, 16:30   #852
fox35
cf.addict

Quote:
Yes, it’s a watchlist, not a wish list!
Yes. That's where I was getting confused OB. So essentially it just Bookmarks shows which are already available anyway via On Demand or Catchup.
Other shows from the live Guide which are not available On Demand or Watch From Start, you just need to use the "Set A Reminder" or set to "Record" instead.
Think I've eventually got it now, took me 7 months!!! LOL.

Last edited by fox35; 11-07-2021 at 16:36.
Old 11-07-2021, 17:14   #853
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
Yes. That's where I was getting confused OB. So essentially it just Bookmarks shows which are already available anyway via On Demand or Catchup.
Other shows from the live Guide which are not available On Demand or Watch From Start, you just need to use the "Set A Reminder" or set to "Record" instead.
Think I've eventually got it now, took me 7 months!!! LOL.
Yes, also it will bookmark shows from certain OTT services such as Prime.
Old 11-07-2021, 17:32   #854
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Hang on, OB has upgraded go 360 and accumulated 18 months worth of recordings despite there being nothing on linear television?

That takes some doing when 360 has only been around for 20 minutes.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 20:39   #855
jobbie8
cf.addict

Services: BB 250MB, SKY Stream, Netfix, Disney+, Discovery+, AppleTV+,YouTube Premium, Paramount+
jobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nicejobbie8 is just really nice

My friend has an original TiVo, we watched England play on Saturday, it took almost 9 seconds to change channel when he typed 108 in. I don't remember them being that slow...

I liked the V6 for the TiVo software, which I still have a soft spot for and the speed of the V6.
I'm really pleased with the 360, the speed and I find myself using the voice command more than ever.
And that HD is by default.

I haven't missed the All4 app, but I believe it's not on a few TV's and devices. MTV, I record but would prefer the MTV Play app.

I do like how, you press play on a recording ,it plays at the channel ident, even though I have the recording set at 1 minute before and 3 mins after.
Also I like how you press back 10 seconds, on live TV or OnDemand works the same.

Like I said, I have a soft spot for TiVo, but I'm not missing it.
jobbie8 is offline   Reply With Quote