Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Happy Birthday to johnnyposs

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Massive Kids riding in supermarket trolleys

Old 29-03-2006, 03:22   #1
driver_problems
Permanently Banned

Services: ntl 1meg cable modem Skysports & Movies, Film4 and phone
driver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud ofdriver_problems has much to be proud of
Wink Massive Kids riding in supermarket trolleys

I don't know if I am the only one who has noticed this but lately i have been observing massive kids being wheeled about in trolleys inside superstores - Morrisons (where I normally go) in particular. Some of them are practically adult in size and sitting in the main body of the trolley, being too large by far for the normal "dangle your feet out the back" type arrangement. Also this 'mother and toddler' parking arrangement thing seems to be spreading and I saw a massive "kid" being wheeled back to that by way of being a "toddler". What's the next parking restriction to be? A "have to work past 60 to get a pension" parking space.

Just thought i'd get it off my chest
driver_problems is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-03-2006, 03:43   #2
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Massive Kids riding in supermarket trolleys

In my part of the woods this has been the "norm" for quite a few years now....My turn:

My surpise to do with kids and supermarkets was at Christmas time. It was a few years ago and I thought it would be a good idea to do some late-night Christmas shopping in a 24 hour Tesco store near to me. It was a few days before Christmas and well-after midnight. I assumed it would be pretty empty and kid free. I was wrong....The store was packed and kids everywhere including toddlers and babies running around and screaming. I asked a member of staff about this (who looked like he was about to gun the little darlings down) and he said that the parents bring the kids to the store "for something to do." This had been the case for about a week. Don't forget, this was after midnight. I left the store after 10 minutes with no shopping. That was the last of my good ideas.

Perhaps its just me, but when I was a kid up to 17, I wasn't allowed anywhere after midnight. When I was 2, at midnight I was asleep, very asleep. How things change...And parents wonder now why their kids are sullen, rude and half asleep during the daytime. Its because the same parents take their brats to Tesco after midnight....
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2006, 09:09   #3
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

My stepson isn't 'massive' - he's a tall 6 year old. I let him sit in the trolley. At least I can't lose him that way, and it stops him whinging!
orangebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2006, 10:00   #4
basa
Inactive

basa has a bronzed appealbasa has a bronzed appeal
basa has a bronzed appealbasa has a bronzed appealbasa has a bronzed appealbasa has a bronzed appealbasa has a bronzed appealbasa has a bronzed appeal

Hmmm......methinks out loud.......maybe they are *massive* because they are being wheeled everywhere and not getting any excercise

or is that not what you meant
basa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2006, 10:16   #5
orangebird
Inactive

Services: Yeah Baby! ;)
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star
orangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny starorangebird has a nice shiny star

My little man isn't massive at all. I've seen more meat on a butchers pencil.
orangebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2006, 10:30   #6
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

My kids were turfed out the trolley as soon as they could walk - there was no way I was pushing them and the food !

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2006, 10:33   #7
basa
Inactive

basa has a bronzed appealbasa has a bronzed appeal
basa has a bronzed appealbasa has a bronzed appealbasa has a bronzed appealbasa has a bronzed appealbasa has a bronzed appealbasa has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebird
My little man isn't massive at all. I've seen more meat on a butchers pencil.
Sorry OB .. my comment wasn't aimed at you
basa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2006, 10:38   #8
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

I like pushing the trolly fast down the aisle and climbing onto the back of it avoiding the sides, reliving my childhood lol
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2006, 23:36   #9
Pia
Inactive

Services: XL Phone XL BB V+ XL TV
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Pia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny starsPia has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Pia

Naaah i don't care about people in trolleys, it keeps them out of my way!

What i DO hate with a passion though, is the re-unions that go on in the busiest part of the store, i.e the milk aisle, and people stand right in the way for AGES...
I end up tutting really loudly or 'accidently' knocking into their ankles with the pushchair, followed by a very sarcastic 'oh, sorry'.
Pia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 23:09   #10
Smick
Inactive

Smick is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebird View Post
My stepson isn't 'massive' - he's a tall 6 year old. I let him sit in the trolley. At least I can't lose him that way, and it stops him whinging!
What about hygiene?

What if he's stood in dogs poo and it's now all over the trolley?

Or doesn't that bother you?
Smick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 23:11   #11
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

You do realise the last post before yours was nearly 7 years ago?
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:19   #12
Smick
Inactive

Smick is an unknown quantity at this point

Does that matter?
The subject is the same. and the problem is still the same.
Smick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:20   #13
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smick View Post
What about hygiene?

What if he's stood in dogs poo and it's now all over the trolley?

Or doesn't that bother you?
Never seen that happen.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:21   #14
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

You are not likely to get a reply, as orangebird last posted in May 2009 - currency is all...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:22   #15
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
You are not likely to get a reply, as orangebird last posted in May 2009 - currency is all...
someone else up at the crack of dawn

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote