Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 14-07-2019, 01:56   #5626
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
“I know something you don’t know, na, na, na, na, na.”

I grew out of that in primary school.

If you’re claiming credit for having the epiphany that Amazon can’t recoup the value of the rights selling £79 a year subscriptions to Prime (it’d take nearly every single household in the country to subscribe) then fair enough, thanks for your overwhelming insight.

Facebook have exactly the same problem. I ask again in this thread what exempts streaming companies from basic economic principles?
Well you certainly act like you're in primary school. maybe you should try growing up?
This discussion is over i don't talk to childish people.
Advertisement
Old 14-07-2019, 09:37   #5627
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Oh well... if with your extensive knowledge of streaming you find out anything useful be sure to come back and let us know.
Old 14-07-2019, 10:18   #5628
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
A Sky and BT customer now doesn’t equate to an Amazon customer in the future. Millions would subscribe, of course, but would enough? Similarly Amazon’s ability to upsell other products or services (landline, broadband in the case of BT and Sky) is untested.

Superfast broadband availability is at 94% in the OFCOM connected nations report. If Amazon’s business model is made or broken by the remaining 6%, which will of course be the hardest to reach for operators, then it’s precarious to start with. Plus the UK Government commitment is to reach full coverage by 2033.
Why do you opine that existing Sky Sports and BT subscribers would not simply migrate to Amazon if that's where the football was? I do not understand why you see such a barrier between these services.

As for superfast broadband, coverage increases substantially year on year and Boris Johnson has already committed to speed up the process significantly. We should be virtually there by 2022.

---------- Post added at 09:18 ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 ----------

Quote:
“I know something you don’t know, na, na, na, na, na.”

I grew out of that in primary school.

If you’re claiming credit for having the epiphany that Amazon can’t recoup the value of the rights selling £79 a year subscriptions to Prime
(it’d take nearly every single household in the country to subscribe) then fair enough, thanks for your overwhelming insight.

Facebook have exactly the same problem. I ask again in this thread what exempts streaming companies from basic economic principles?
Who suggested that Amazon would not make an additional charge for football? It must be obvious to everyone that they would not pay for the footie rights and stream it free of extra charge for the good of their health.
Old 14-07-2019, 10:58   #5629
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Why do you opine that existing Sky Sports and BT subscribers would not simply migrate to Amazon if that's where the football was? I do not understand why you see such a barrier between these services.
I said millions would. What is untested is how many subscribe for the Premiership and how many subscribe for a range of other content. The proportion that would switch to a solely Premiership service, and perhaps importantly the speed at which they do in a three year contract window, is a massive risk. A risk Amazon did not take.

Quote:
As for superfast broadband, coverage increases substantially year on year and Boris Johnson has already committed to speed up the process significantly. We should be virtually there by 2022.
A commitment to do something and the ability to do something politically are two different things. The current minister told the select committee for the environment, food and rural affairs on Wednesday that a 2025 commitment wasn’t realistic.

Quote:
Who suggested that Amazon would not make an additional charge for football? It must be obvious to everyone that they would not pay for the footie rights and stream it free of extra charge for the good of their health.
You’re putting up another straw man. I pointed out that was the only insight offered by the member I responded to, that is all.
Old 14-07-2019, 13:56   #5630
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Interesting article here on the popularity of the new Disney + streaming service in the US. I suspect there will be similar interest here although I will only go for it if there is plenty of choice on the Hulu stream.
Old 14-07-2019, 14:34   #5631
jfman
Architect of Ideas

You've not supplied a link but I'm guessing it's another digital marketing company doing a survey.

On the subject of surveys I see 12% of men think they'd score a point against Serena Williams at tennis.
Old 14-07-2019, 14:40   #5632
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Interesting article here on the popularity of the new Disney + streaming service in the US. I suspect there will be similar interest here although I will only go for it if there is plenty of choice on the Hulu stream.
Not discrediting you but Disney+ hasn't even launched yet anywhere.
Old 14-07-2019, 14:47   #5633
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
They don't even have a subscription price yet.
Old 14-07-2019, 15:42   #5634
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
That's what's most interesting about all these digital marketing surveys. They deal in hypotheticals without any grounding in reality.

"Would you pay $10 a month for A?"

Isn't the same as sitting half a dozen similarly priced options then some premium options in front of someone and asking if they want to pay for all of those instead of/in addition to a basic TV subscription, broadband and other services. People don't have infinite funds, which the simplistic question above doesn't grasp.
Old 14-07-2019, 20:37   #5635
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
There's been a estimated price of $7.99p/m this is just media guessing ofcourse also been mentioned about a full house pack thing ESPN,Disney+ and Hulu combinination for $19.99p/m again just media speculation at moment.
I haven't seen anything about Disney+ in uk either apart from 2020 launch.
Old 14-07-2019, 21:28   #5636
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Sorry, here is the link.

https://www.rapidtvnews.com/20190713...#axzz5tgK12maF

---------- Post added at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

Quote:
That's what's most interesting about all these digital marketing surveys. They deal in hypotheticals without any grounding in reality.

"Would you pay $10 a month for A?"

Isn't the same as sitting half a dozen similarly priced options then some premium options in front of someone and asking if they want to pay for all of those instead of/in addition to a basic TV subscription, broadband and other services. People don't have infinite funds, which the simplistic question above doesn't grasp.
Yes, perhaps, but how is that any worse than the stuff you spout from the top of your head?

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:26 ----------

Quote:
There's been a estimated price of $7.99p/m this is just media guessing ofcourse also been mentioned about a full house pack thing ESPN,Disney+ and Hulu combinination for $19.99p/m again just media speculation at moment.
I haven't seen anything about Disney+ in uk either apart from 2020 launch.
I just hope you will be able to pay for each strand separately. I don't want all the sports and kids stuff.
Old 14-07-2019, 21:44   #5637
jfman
Architect of Ideas

Haha the stuff I spout from the top of my head. Coming from the man who litters his posts in hypothetical nonsense and can't respond when challenged on the flaws in his vision of the future.

Still waiting for how Amazon's business model hinges on the 6% who can't get superfast broadband or just how much Amazon Basics tat they'd have to sell to cover the biggest loss leader in human history.
Old 14-07-2019, 22:32   #5638
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Haha the stuff I spout from the top of my head. Coming from the man who litters his posts in hypothetical nonsense and can't respond when challenged on the flaws in his vision of the future.

Still waiting for how Amazon's business model hinges on the 6% who can't get superfast broadband or just how much Amazon Basics tat they'd have to sell to cover the biggest loss leader in human history.
If you actually read the responses on the Amazon question, you would know the answer to that. I'm not going over it again, this is just a wind-up.
Old 14-07-2019, 22:43   #5639
jfman
Architect of Ideas

You've not even went over it once! The least you could do is at least attempt to justify your positions given you feel so strongly about this. We've been reading about this for years after all.
Old 14-07-2019, 23:47   #5640
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Sorry, here is the link.

https://www.rapidtvnews.com/20190713...#axzz5tgK12maF

---------- Post added at 20:26 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

Yes, perhaps, but how is that any worse than the stuff you spout from the top of your head?

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:26 ----------

I just hope you will be able to pay for each strand separately. I don't want all the sports and kids stuff.
ESPN won't launch in UK as BT have licencing for that, HULU is set to go global next year.
I imagine HULU and Disney+ would offer seperate packages the only one i know for certain of launching in uk though is Disney+ as most of HULUs content is already with other providers, ofcourse things can change though.
Closed Thread