Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The PS4 Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

The PS4 Thread
View Poll Results: Will you buy the ps4
Never 25 28.09%
Maybe 22 24.72%
Defo 37 41.57%
No sure 5 5.62%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2014, 20:49   #286
Bogof

Services: BT Infinity 80Mb down, 20Mb upload. Syncing @ 148Mb down, 44Mb up. TRUELY UNLIMITED/UNMANAGED/UNTHRO
Re: The PS4 Thread

You own a Xboxone but wont buy a PS4? The PS4 does poo poo all over the Xbox-one and thats a fact IMO. I own both an if anyone doubts me add me "Ooh im good" on xbox one, or "ohimgood75" on PS4.

Everything on the PS4 just works better,
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2014, 22:23   #287
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogof View Post
You own a Xboxone but wont buy a PS4? The PS4 does poo poo all over the Xbox-one and thats a fact IMO. I own both an if anyone doubts me add me "Ooh im good" on xbox one, or "ohimgood75" on PS4.

He never said he won't by a PS4. He said he will once they add 3D BR support as he uses his PS3 for that, and will upgrade once added. No point.

Some people like the One as it has games that the PS4 doesn't and of course many people like my self have a lot more friends on 360 that have upgraded to the One. You already tried this slating the One in a seperate thread so no need for round two.

Hahaha, sorry but it can't be a fact if its just your opinion.
Old 03-05-2014, 22:40   #288
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogof View Post

Here we go again , my cats blacker than yours
Old 03-05-2014, 23:26   #289
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star

It's best to not give him the ammunition, IMO
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 20:03   #290
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

2014 on PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Rx-Bbht5E
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 16:42   #291
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

2014 on PS4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Rx-Bbht5E
Game is going to be amazing!!

The Order 1886 looks quality also, sony bringing the games..
borrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2014, 21:02   #292
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

PS4 finally getting 3D Blu Ray support next week.
Old 02-08-2014, 18:09   #293
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Got my PS4 + The Last of Us Remastered bundle yesterday (after Amazon Logistics *finally* delivered it after 6pm!)

Got it all set up, once Mrs D had finished watching the Commonwealth Games.

Very nice!

The UI is clean and straightforward, and I've noticed two things already that I wish my Xbox One did:

- Apps and games have update changelogs.

- Shutting down gives you the choice of a full shutdown or connected standby.

Conveniently, I can use my official Xbox One Stereo Headphones in my new DualShock 4 - no need for a separate stereo headset

In addition to The Last of Us, I also have Infamous Second Son.

I bought Infamous from GAMETronics when I traded in my old PS3 Slim.

They had it on the shelf for £35, "sale price".

When the guy ran it through the till, however, it came up at full price as it was apparently not in the sale anymore.

"No thanks!", I said.

So he sold me a pre-owned copy for £27.99.

I wouldn't normally buy pre-owned, but the copy he sold me was new and still sealed - it was an unopened and unwanted bundle copy that someone had traded in.

---------- Post added at 17:09 ---------- Previous post was at 15:27 ----------

Oh, also:

Not too impressed with the battery life of the DualShock 4.

Full charge last night (using the pathetically short cable), then some faffing around followed by a couple of hours of The Last of Us.

Bit more use this afternoon, as Mrs D was using it to control iPlayer and BBC Sport to catch up on the Commonwealth Games.

... and it's flat already

It's nearly as bad as the battery life of the Wii U's GamePad!

Still, at least it has non-crap triggers, unlike the DualShock 3.
Old 22-12-2014, 21:55   #294
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Got mine! Came with The Last of Us and GTA.

Gamertag thing is Craigimt
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2014, 22:21   #295
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
Got mine! Came with The Last of Us and GTA.

Gamertag thing is Craigimt
They'll keep you occupied for quite a while.

Plus heists are coming in the new year for GTA Online.

Far Cry 4 is well worth checking out too.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 20:08   #296
Bulky
Inactive

Considering getting a PS4 , Matt I know you have a xb1 as well , is it a worthwhile purchase at the moment or would you wait?
Old 16-02-2015, 22:35   #297
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Well, the only game I've played on it since getting it last August is The Last of Us: Remastered

If my PS3 hadn't been on its last legs, I probably wouldn't have bothered at that time just for TLOU:R.

I also have Infamous Second Son, Resogun, and Super Stardust, along with some PS+ stuff. Not touched them yet, but then again, I have a much bigger Pile of Shame for my Xbox One.

*If* there are enough exclusives that interest you, then I think it's worth it. Otherwise, best wait... for Uncharted 4.
Old 16-02-2015, 23:21   #298
Bulky
Inactive

Yeah it's a definite purchase when unchartered 4 comes out , think I'll wait it out after what you've just said
Old 21-11-2015, 13:05   #299
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

PlayStation 2 Emulation Coming to PS4, Sony Confirms.

http://www.wired.com/2015/11/playsta...sony-confirms/
Old 01-03-2016, 11:07   #300
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

So i have a PS4 getting delivered today, didn't think i would get one as i am happy with the Xbox One but my partners son has one and this enables us to play Plants Vs Zombies 2 with him!

Got the 1TB new model not in a bundle and with a good price(i hope) as it would have been cheaper buying the bundled game separately.

Planning on only buying Disk games on this as it is far cheaper!

A few questions.

1. Best place to buy 12 months PS Plus(digital code)? The cheapest i have found is £32.99 from ElectronicFirst and i have used them once before.

2. Will it come with a trial code?

3. Does it have a huge day one update?

4. I guess PS Plus free monthly games if missed don't get repeated, as the last few months look pretty bad?

5. How long does the controller take to charge and can i buy any longer USB lead if the other is too short?