Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ADSL - router issues

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking

ADSL - router issues

Old 14-01-2005, 15:51   #1
SOSAGES
Inactive

SOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of societySOSAGES is a pillar of society
ADSL - router issues

Hi all †“ hoping you can help me .

I have 1 ADSL router (linksys BEFW11S4 †“ 4 port router no wireless card) and a wireless netgear router (WGT624) this then goes to my PC.

So

Internet †“ ADSL router †“ Netgear router †“ PC

My Modems IP is 192.169.1.1

It has DHCP enabled with clients getting a 192.168.1.100 -192.168.1.200 address as I only have 1 client (the netgear router) the routers WAN IP is 192.168.1.100

The netgears LAN IP is 192.168.0.1 The netgear then gives my pc an IP using DHCP of 192.168.0.2 and the netgear router uses 192.168.1.1 for DNS

I have 1 SMTP server running Port 25

The firewall on the Linksys ADSL router is OFF, NAT is running so I have done some port forwarding Port 25 on the linksys ADSL router so port 25 goes to 192.168.1.100

In my netgear router I have a firewall running and have setup port forwarding so port 25 goes to 192.168.0.2

Then I test my SMTP and it works..

So whats the problem u crazy man ? I hear you asking.

Well I got a new ADSL Modem a Dlink DSL-300T its JUST an ADSL modem, it has the same IP as my old adsl router 192.168.1.1 and also uses DHCP starting again at 192.168.1.100 †“ I must add that I Specify in my netgear router that it should have an IP of 192.168.1.100 so it will always have that IP

So a quick setup with my ADSL user name and password and I plug my new 300T into my netgear router and it all works fine so far web browsing and downloading as I expected I then tested port 25 and found it was unable to recive information somehow the port was appearing closed, I checked in the modem setup to see if it had any form of NAT or firewall or DMZ I could play with but nothing it is just a simple modem †¦ Strange I thought. So I then under the options of my netgear router I let it grab a WAN IP through DHCP and it got my External internet IP from my ISP (the IP my modem would normally hold) this had the same result with port 25 still being closed.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

And donââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t ask why I have a separate wireless router its all complicated

Thanks if anyone can help
SOSAGES is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement