Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What does a V401 code signify?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

What does a V401 code signify?

Old 07-09-2019, 00:44   #1
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
What does a V401 code signify?

I have a wi-fi connection and have used the ability to watch programmes from my second V6 without problems for over a year now.

Suddenly, I have started experiencing problems in playing back programmes from my second box using the connection between the two. I am getting a V401 code. Can someone tell me what this is, please?

I don't know if it is significant, but I am also getting pixellation on one or two channels I tend not to use - in particular Gold HD. Is it possible that a signal problem could be the common reason for both of these faults?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2019, 08:35   #2
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: What does a V401 code signify?

It is usually that one has lost sight to the other.

2-3 times, but over years, I have had to switch off all TiVo and the router - then power the router back up. Once the routher is fully active power up the stbs.
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:48   #3
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

V401 means the connection between the boxes isn't fast enough. Start by rebooting your SuperHub. If that doesn't resolve it, you'll have to work on improving the Wi-Fi signal strength by moving stuff (or better still, used wired connections)

This isn't related to pixellation on channels. That's a signal problem on the co-ax cable. Make sure the connectors are tight. You'll have to book a tech visit if it still happens.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 09:24   #4
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

If you are using WiFi it is worth checking the channels in use with a signal meter.
I've had issues before where the neighbour has latched onto the same channel and is swamping by wifi.
Neighbouring BT routers seem to look to see which channels are in use and then pick the one you are using. :-)
ozsat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 10:23   #5
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Nah, ditch that carp, use a raspberry pie and stream what you want to.
pip08456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 19:27   #6
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Thank you for your guidance, everyone! I think it was a temporary problem, albeit the failure to connect with the second box had occurred for two nights running. So far, it has been ok today.

I re-booted my superhub and all other equipment earlier, so I knew that wouldn't fix it.

Hopefully, it is sorted now, all by itself!
Old 30-09-2019, 08:23   #7
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Thank you for your guidance, everyone! I think it was a temporary problem, albeit the failure to connect with the second box had occurred for two nights running. So far, it has been ok today.

I re-booted my superhub and all other equipment earlier, so I knew that wouldn't fix it.

Hopefully, it is sorted now, all by itself!
UPDATE: The problem had not gone away. I was reluctant to phone VM in case they changed my box and lost all my recordings.

I don't know why I didn't notice before but a connection to a little black box was not properly screwed in. So I tightened it, and the problem was solved!
Old 30-09-2019, 10:26   #8
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

What sort of little black box?
Old 30-09-2019, 13:54   #9
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

It is a little Wolsey box with two white cables going into it.
Old 30-09-2019, 14:16   #10
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

I'm pretty sure that isn't relevant to the V401 error. V401 means the connection from one V6 to the other via your SuperHub isn't fast enough - and that connection doesn't go over any coaxial cables.

However a loose coax connection may well cause pixellation
Old 30-09-2019, 18:05   #11
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
I'm pretty sure that isn't relevant to the V401 error. V401 means the connection from one V6 to the other via your SuperHub isn't fast enough - and that connection doesn't go over any coaxial cables.

However a loose coax connection may well cause pixellation
I think there were two separate issues going on at the time, SP. Anyway, all seems to be fine now, apart from last night when I could not load up Amazon from the V6. Maybe I need to re-boot!