Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BoJo referred to police by the Cabinet Office. Partygate II?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BoJo referred to police by the Cabinet Office. Partygate II?

Old 31-05-2023, 16:13   #76
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: BoJo referred to police by the Cabinet Office. Partygate II?

As you say "perception is all".

Remember when the Chief Global Strategist for Charles Stanley advised investors to remove their money from the United Kingdom.

Quote:
“Time to look further afield as the UK economy hits the brakes”
https://www.forbes.com/sites/frances...h=650cbb7c4c1e
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-05-2023, 16:22   #77
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
As you say "perception is all".

Remember when the Chief Global Strategist for Charles Stanley advised investors to remove their money from the United Kingdom.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/frances...h=650cbb7c4c1e
Where's the perception of impropriety in the case of financial advice that you've cited?

And was it duff advice, btw?

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2023, 16:58   #78
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Politics latest: Johnson hands unredacted WhatsApps to Cabinet Office - urging them to hand details over to inquiry
In a surprise move, the former prime minister gives all of the documents the COVID inquiry wants to the department - now the ball is in the government's court.

https://news.sky.com/story/politics-...andal-12593360
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2023, 17:07   #79
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Where's the perception of impropriety in the case of financial advice that you've cited?

And was it duff advice, btw?

I see Mr Movingthegoalposts has arrived, changing the conversation from "perception" to "perception of impropriety"...

He was a lawmaker giving one message to voters (vote for this and you'll be better off) and the opposite message to clients (things will go badly, get your money out of the UK).

Also, at the time he was advising investors to move their money out of the UK, he was pushing in parliament for a Hard Brexit that would see even more investment desert the country.
Old 31-05-2023, 17:13   #80
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I see Mr Movingthegoalposts has arrived, changing the conversation from "perception" to "perception of impropriety"...

He was a lawmaker giving one message to voters (vote for this and you'll be better off) and the opposite message to clients (things will go badly, get your money out of the UK).

Also, at the time he was advising investors to move their money out of the UK, he was pushing in parliament for a Hard Brexit that would see even more investment desert the country.
So no impropriety.

As to 'moving the goalposts', 'perception' was always a 'perception of impropriety'. What else would I have meant?

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2023, 17:59   #81
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
So no impropriety.

As to 'moving the goalposts', 'perception' was always a 'perception of impropriety'. What else would I have meant?
That's just your perception...

If you don't perceive saying one thing to the electorate and another to clients as improper, that's shows your perception of impropriety is improper, in my perception...

Last edited by Hugh; 31-05-2023 at 18:06.
Old 31-05-2023, 18:33   #82
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
Politics latest: Johnson hands unredacted WhatsApps to Cabinet Office - urging them to hand details over to inquiry

In a surprise move, the former prime minister gives all of the documents the COVID inquiry wants to the department - now the ball is in the government's court.

---------- Post added at 18:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

Quote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65770586

Quote:
Mr Johnson's spokesman said the Cabinet Office had had "access to this material for several months" and he would disclose it directly to the inquiry if asked.

"While Mr Johnson understands the government's position, and does not seek to contradict it, he is perfectly happy for the inquiry to have access to this material in whatever form it requires," he added.

Mr Johnson is among those who will give evidence to the inquiry, which is due to start hearings in two weeks.

The material includes 24 notebooks with contemporaneous notes, as well as his diaries and WhatsApp messages between Mr Johnson and cabinet ministers, advisors and senior civil servants.

On Tuesday, the inquiry revealed it had been told the Cabinet Office did not currently have the WhatsApp messages or notebooks in its possession.
Who to believe - the Cabinet Office or Johnson?

It's like having to choose between explosive diarrhea and and projectile vomiting...

Last edited by Hugh; 31-05-2023 at 18:37.
Old 31-05-2023, 18:58   #83
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
I suppose you could just sum it up as your guy broke the law and the other guy didn't, but there you go....
I’m tempted to ask you for the logic in your statement, but frankly I have better things to do than keep setting out the obvious.

And just (again) for the record, I don’t think either of them should have been fined as both had excuses which in my opinion were reasonable. But Starmer’s case was still closer to the danger line than Boris was.
Old 31-05-2023, 19:06   #84
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I’m tempted to ask you for the logic in your statement, but frankly I have better things to do than keep setting out the obvious.

And just (again) for the record, I don’t think either of them should have been fined as both had excuses which in my opinion were reasonable. But Starmer’s case was still closer to the danger line than Boris was.
Not according to the CPS.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2023, 19:12   #85
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post

that is your tory bias OB CPS disagree with you
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2023, 19:54   #86
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
that is your tory bias OB CPS disagree with you
Johnson disagrees with him as well, so he appears to be supporting Johnson by calling him a liar...
Old 01-06-2023, 22:51   #87
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

No wonder Johnson couldn't wait to hand over his WhatsApps - they only went back to May 2021!
Quote:
Rishi Sunak’s government on Thursday launched legal action to block the release of Boris Johnson’s unredacted WhatsApp messages to the official Covid-19 public inquiry.

But in a new twist, it emerged that Johnson had only given the government messages relating to the period after May 2021 when he acquired a new phone; by that time the worst of the Covid crisis had passed.

The two developments prompted Labour to claim that both Sunak and Johnson were trying to frustrate the inquiry, set up to draw lessons from the way the government handled the pandemic.
https://www.ft.com/content/32b70216-...d-f389a48e71fe
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 00:50   #88
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
No wonder Johnson couldn't wait to hand over his WhatsApps - they only went back to May 2021!

https://www.ft.com/content/32b70216-...d-f389a48e71fe
https://www.imobie.com/iphone-tips/r...lost-phone.htm

Quote:
Can I Recover my Old WhatsApp Messages from a Lost Phone?

YES, you can. Usually, an Android phone will back up WhatsApp messages with Google Drive. And, iPhone can store chat history on iCloud. Therefore, only if your old WhatsApp messages are backed up to the cloud, you can get them back when lost the phone.
I’m pretty sure he knew how to do this, having been given one-on-one "Technology Lessons" costing £126k…

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-lessons.html

Quote:
The American businesswoman who received thousands in public money after becoming close friends with Boris Johnson has insisted to friends that he only visited her flat for private ‘technology’ lessons.
Old 02-06-2023, 07:17   #89
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

I'm definitely going to book some of those lessons, they sound good

Not much use any evidence from liar as they'll all be lies.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 08:17   #90
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
https://www.imobie.com/iphone-tips/r...lost-phone.htm

I’m pretty sure he knew how to do this, having been given one-on-one "Technology Lessons" costing £126k…

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-lessons.html
Lol. Hands up anyone who believes those messages are still on the Cloud.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote